As Hilton Garden Inns go this property is on par for cleanliness etc. Room was clean. We had a suite because our 32 yr old daughter stayed with us while visiting for our son's wedding. This suite had loads of room in the "living room" because there was only a very small sofa in it that folded out to just a full size bed, I think, and a small coffee table. No other chair except the one at the desk, it just looked like a huge empty room. The staff is very friendly, but I am not sure I would say "accommodating". If you want a good giggle, please read on.
We arrived the morning following our reserved date due to flight delays and cancellations, that was no problem, of course, we checked in at about 3am. For the fold out bed in the living room there was one pillow and a set of sheets in the closet, but no blanket. I adjusted the room thermostat so our daughter would not be too cold. The following morning I stopped at the front desk and asked for a extra blanket and pillow, "no problem" was the response with a big smile. We were out most of the day, house keeping had cleaned the room, no blanket however, so I phoned the front desk and requested again, and once more "no problem", we left for the evening. There was a folded blanket on the table in the living room when we got back to the hotel; our daughter had stayed out with her brother, however, so I did not see the blanket until the next morning. It was a baby blanket! As we left that next morning I once again stopped at the front desk, explained (giggling) that I had requested a blanket and housekeeping had delivered a baby blanket, could we please just have a blanket and a pillow? "No problem!" was once more the response. We arrived back at our room exhausted, after a busy day and an evening wedding, about midnight. As we stepped into our suite, in this very large, very empty room, squeezed in next to the closet in the living room was a cute little portable crib with another baby blanket hanging on the side of it!! A CRIB!??!! OK, after laughing hysterically for a while I phoned the front desk... the poor guy was not at all amused as he figured out how to fold the crib up, leaving us (finally!) with a pillow and a blanket! I tried in vain for two days to simply get a blanket and an extra pillow.... So in this hotel be careful HOW you ask for a blanket, you might want to specify you want an adult sized, normal bed sized, blanket because if you request a blanket you may just get a baby blanket, with or without a crib to go with it of course.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Austin North Hotel Austin
- Hilton Garden Inn Austin North Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Austin North hotel is located 8 miles north of downtown Austin near the Texas State Capitol, downtown entertainment district, and University of Texas hotels. It is close to area attractions like the Round Rock Premium Outlet Mall and several sports venues. Guest rooms offer a refrigerator, microwave, adjustable Garden Sleep System beds, complimentary high-speed Internet Access, and 32” TV. The property also features a swimming pool, fitness room, and on-site dining/lounge at the Great American Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Austin North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.