“Horrible Checked In” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Plano, Texas
“Horrible Checked In”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

This is my last stay here period. Customer service similar to Red Roof Inn and no way close to Hilton services as expected. Checked in was crowded and there is only one person handle all check in and answering the phone. In the mean time, the general manager Jeff Nelson was walking around in the lobby with his hand behind his back doing nothing. Do something useful and help the checking in counter. I was obviously not happy with the customer service. The counter has the gut to ask if I want to cancel the room reservation for someone else.

After I checked in, the checking in line was long to the main door. Where did the management team learn how to control the crowd? Not happenned when was I was there.

I was upset due to this horrible checked in and wait for the room to be ready. We went to our room and used the bath room. NO TOILET TISSUE. To make our trip more peaceful, we force ourselves to think that we are staying at the Red Roof Inn. I got bettter service there.

I rather have no service than horrible service. If this is the way Hilton cut the cost, have an auto check in kios just like ATM and rental car. I walk straight to my room and you can get rid the GM and the checkin counter.

BTW the when the AC turn on, it sounds like the jet engine taking off. I agree with the GM, this hotel is definitely not for my taste.

Room Tip: Stay away when Austin has a lot of activities which almost always.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I know ou guests are often very busy so we appreciate the time it took for you to write about our property. It does seem that you could have checked in during a busy check in weekend as it was during sports playoffs and many school teams were checking in that weekend, so we do apologize for our higher occupancy, and if you felt in any way that you did not get the service you expect from our product. Regarding the toilet tissue, it is a design in the bathrooms that the toilet tissue is somewhat "hidden", should you say, under the vanity area, our apologies again. We do sincerely hope that we are given another opportunity to make this up to you. Please feel free to contact me directly should you be in town again, and I will be more than happy to make sure that your stay is more enjoyable. Again, thank you for the feedback. Our guests are our most valuable asset.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Outstanding Management Team and Staff. They attention to their guest makes traveling for business less stressful

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed over New Year's 2011 and had a clean, quiet, spacious room with a king bed. The staff was friendly and courteous, the lobby well lit, very open and well-maintained. The Buffet breakfast was very good, including the omelet to order with all it's fresh ingredients. For the AAA discount we got, this was so very much worth it and more. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Palm City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Stayed here during my business travel in Texas and was worth the stay. The only thing that aggravated me was the front desk did NOT have my membership rewards number and I know they had it because every other Hilton hotel I stayed at that week had it! They gave me a hard time about not being able to locate my number which was very strange and confusing. However, besides that I had a great stay and the BBQ restaurant in the same area was absolutely fantastic. I'll go back just for the great food at the BBQ restaurant.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed here while visiting some family in Round Rock. Everyone I encountered here was extremely courteous. The lobby, small restaurant and common areas were all very clean and fresh looking. The room and bed were also clean and well taken care of. Although I'm not a big fan of tempurpedic matresses, I was pleased to see the matress looked brand new. The peace of mind of a clean room and new matress allowed me to sleep quite comfortably. The next time we visit Austin, we'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Very nice hotel. Drove north 2 exits to a Texas Road House for dinner. If we head to Austin again we would stay here. This is out of the down town area but worked well for us as we were only in town for that day.

My husband is not fond of the sleep number bed but, I am fine with them.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

The king bed was a Tempur-Pedic adjustable. We were warned this bed sleeps hot. It did. I kicked-off all covers. Despite setting the a/c to very cold, my wife sweated while she slept. We both had difficulty getting any sleep at all. We could not completely seal-out the light with the curtains. But the room was very quiet, so noise was never an issue. The fridge kept my insulin cool, but did not re-freeze the ice-pack that I travel with. Other than these two items, we had no complaints with the rooms nor the front staff. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the people we dealt with were helpful.

We did not sample the hotel's breakfast. We were forewarned that nothing included with breakfast is complimentary, and chose to eat at local restaurants.

There seems to be ample parking, and the pool was big enough for us. Everything in the business and fitness centers operated correctly. The lobby and common areas were spacious.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
annalongwls, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review ofour facility! We know our guests are busy, and taking the time to complete surveys or write a review is often hard. We do apologize about our new Tempurpedic Beds being uncomfortabley hot during your stay, and will be conducting some staff training on that topic! We are glad to hear that the rest of your stay was a good one!! Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Austin NW - Arboretum Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Cedar Park - Lakeline
Home2 Suites by Hilton Austin North/Near the Domain

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Austin North? Share your experiences!