“Great Management Team and Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 190 Hotels in Austin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Great Management Team and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Outstanding Management Team and Staff. They attention to their guest makes traveling for business less stressful

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed over New Year's 2011 and had a clean, quiet, spacious room with a king bed. The staff was friendly and courteous, the lobby well lit, very open and well-maintained. The Buffet breakfast was very good, including the omelet to order with all it's fresh ingredients. For the AAA discount we got, this was so very much worth it and more. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Palm City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Stayed here during my business travel in Texas and was worth the stay. The only thing that aggravated me was the front desk did NOT have my membership rewards number and I know they had it because every other Hilton hotel I stayed at that week had it! They gave me a hard time about not being able to locate my number which was very strange and confusing. However, besides that I had a great stay and the BBQ restaurant in the same area was absolutely fantastic. I'll go back just for the great food at the BBQ restaurant.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed here while visiting some family in Round Rock. Everyone I encountered here was extremely courteous. The lobby, small restaurant and common areas were all very clean and fresh looking. The room and bed were also clean and well taken care of. Although I'm not a big fan of tempurpedic matresses, I was pleased to see the matress looked brand new. The peace of mind of a clean room and new matress allowed me to sleep quite comfortably. The next time we visit Austin, we'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Very nice hotel. Drove north 2 exits to a Texas Road House for dinner. If we head to Austin again we would stay here. This is out of the down town area but worked well for us as we were only in town for that day.

My husband is not fond of the sleep number bed but, I am fine with them.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

The king bed was a Tempur-Pedic adjustable. We were warned this bed sleeps hot. It did. I kicked-off all covers. Despite setting the a/c to very cold, my wife sweated while she slept. We both had difficulty getting any sleep at all. We could not completely seal-out the light with the curtains. But the room was very quiet, so noise was never an issue. The fridge kept my insulin cool, but did not re-freeze the ice-pack that I travel with. Other than these two items, we had no complaints with the rooms nor the front staff. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the people we dealt with were helpful.

We did not sample the hotel's breakfast. We were forewarned that nothing included with breakfast is complimentary, and chose to eat at local restaurants.

There seems to be ample parking, and the pool was big enough for us. Everything in the business and fitness centers operated correctly. The lobby and common areas were spacious.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
annalongwls, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review ofour facility! We know our guests are busy, and taking the time to complete surveys or write a review is often hard. We do apologize about our new Tempurpedic Beds being uncomfortabley hot during your stay, and will be conducting some staff training on that topic! We are glad to hear that the rest of your stay was a good one!! Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!
New Caney, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I called to request late check-in and two Queen beds early in the day. LAter in the evening I called back to state we were running an hour behind schedule. They confirmed that there were no double queens left, but they had a roll-away available. When we arrived, it took 15 minutes to check-in because the clerk was not at the front desk. By the time he arrived there were 2 other guests impatiently waiting in line as well. He did not have my request for a roll-away and had to check to see if they even had on left.
There was one left and he met me at the 1st floor elevator to give me the bed which I had to transport to the room and set up myself. Did I mention that I am in an ankle cast due to an injury from 3 days prior? So the crippled lady, with 10 year old tired and cranky child had to lug the suitcases, purse, computer and now BED to my room.
There was no room to put down the roll-away, so we had to move the room furniture which was heavily made. Then putting down the bed was a hassle due to the rubber stoppers that wouldn't allow for movement without lifting up the whole item.
All with my left leg in a cast.

To date, I have NEVER had such a crappy check-in.
I mean, they actually handed me a bed and sent me on my way, while I was obviously injured. I would never recommend this hotel and plan to send this story to as many review sites as I can.

I normally stay at the hotels at the intersection of Palmer Ln and I-35 N, which are cheaper and have a better pool and EXCELLENT service. Try the Springhill Suites or Residence Inn.

Room Tip: I recommend the Springhill Suites or Residence Inn
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our property. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated as it helps the management team provide necessary training to our associates. I wanted to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. You are correct in saying that behavior is not hospitable, and is absolutely something that is an atypical experience here. I can assure you that we have taken all appropriate actions with the staff to ensure that this type of let down in service does not happen again, and I sincerely hope you will give our property another opportunity. Please feel free to contact the hotel and ask for either the General Manager, Jeff Nelson or the Operations Manager, Anna Long on your next trip to Austin, and we will personally guarantee a better experience. Again, thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Austin North? Share your experiences!