“Great Overall Experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“Great Overall Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed over New Year's 2011 and had a clean, quiet, spacious room with a king bed. The staff was friendly and courteous, the lobby well lit, very open and well-maintained. The Buffet breakfast was very good, including the omelet to order with all it's fresh ingredients. For the AAA discount we got, this was so very much worth it and more. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Palm City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Stayed here during my business travel in Texas and was worth the stay. The only thing that aggravated me was the front desk did NOT have my membership rewards number and I know they had it because every other Hilton hotel I stayed at that week had it! They gave me a hard time about not being able to locate my number which was very strange and confusing. However, besides that I had a great stay and the BBQ restaurant in the same area was absolutely fantastic. I'll go back just for the great food at the BBQ restaurant.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed here while visiting some family in Round Rock. Everyone I encountered here was extremely courteous. The lobby, small restaurant and common areas were all very clean and fresh looking. The room and bed were also clean and well taken care of. Although I'm not a big fan of tempurpedic matresses, I was pleased to see the matress looked brand new. The peace of mind of a clean room and new matress allowed me to sleep quite comfortably. The next time we visit Austin, we'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Very nice hotel. Drove north 2 exits to a Texas Road House for dinner. If we head to Austin again we would stay here. This is out of the down town area but worked well for us as we were only in town for that day.

My husband is not fond of the sleep number bed but, I am fine with them.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

The king bed was a Tempur-Pedic adjustable. We were warned this bed sleeps hot. It did. I kicked-off all covers. Despite setting the a/c to very cold, my wife sweated while she slept. We both had difficulty getting any sleep at all. We could not completely seal-out the light with the curtains. But the room was very quiet, so noise was never an issue. The fridge kept my insulin cool, but did not re-freeze the ice-pack that I travel with. Other than these two items, we had no complaints with the rooms nor the front staff. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the people we dealt with were helpful.

We did not sample the hotel's breakfast. We were forewarned that nothing included with breakfast is complimentary, and chose to eat at local restaurants.

There seems to be ample parking, and the pool was big enough for us. Everything in the business and fitness centers operated correctly. The lobby and common areas were spacious.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
annalongwls, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review ofour facility! We know our guests are busy, and taking the time to complete surveys or write a review is often hard. We do apologize about our new Tempurpedic Beds being uncomfortabley hot during your stay, and will be conducting some staff training on that topic! We are glad to hear that the rest of your stay was a good one!! Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!
New Caney, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I called to request late check-in and two Queen beds early in the day. LAter in the evening I called back to state we were running an hour behind schedule. They confirmed that there were no double queens left, but they had a roll-away available. When we arrived, it took 15 minutes to check-in because the clerk was not at the front desk. By the time he arrived there were 2 other guests impatiently waiting in line as well. He did not have my request for a roll-away and had to check to see if they even had on left.
There was one left and he met me at the 1st floor elevator to give me the bed which I had to transport to the room and set up myself. Did I mention that I am in an ankle cast due to an injury from 3 days prior? So the crippled lady, with 10 year old tired and cranky child had to lug the suitcases, purse, computer and now BED to my room.
There was no room to put down the roll-away, so we had to move the room furniture which was heavily made. Then putting down the bed was a hassle due to the rubber stoppers that wouldn't allow for movement without lifting up the whole item.
All with my left leg in a cast.

To date, I have NEVER had such a crappy check-in.
I mean, they actually handed me a bed and sent me on my way, while I was obviously injured. I would never recommend this hotel and plan to send this story to as many review sites as I can.

I normally stay at the hotels at the intersection of Palmer Ln and I-35 N, which are cheaper and have a better pool and EXCELLENT service. Try the Springhill Suites or Residence Inn.

Room Tip: I recommend the Springhill Suites or Residence Inn
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our property. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated as it helps the management team provide necessary training to our associates. I wanted to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. You are correct in saying that behavior is not hospitable, and is absolutely something that is an atypical experience here. I can assure you that we have taken all appropriate actions with the staff to ensure that this type of let down in service does not happen again, and I sincerely hope you will give our property another opportunity. Please feel free to contact the hotel and ask for either the General Manager, Jeff Nelson or the Operations Manager, Anna Long on your next trip to Austin, and we will personally guarantee a better experience. Again, thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again soon.
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

This is a relative new facility so everything is in good condition. But we found the service lacking and below par for the chain. Checkin took a very long time because we had reserved adjoining rooms (weeks in advance) but the front desk had done nothing to allocate adjoining rooms prior to our arrival. If we hadn't arrived in early evening it is clear they would not have had any adjoining rooms for us because after a long search the clerk could only find one pair (which didn't match our reserved room type). The clerk was pleasant and apologetic but this snafu, which meant 15 minutes or more just to check in, started things off on the wrong foot. He did comp us breakfast which helped offset the annoyance and inconvenience of the wrong room type. The time was stretched by the fact there was only a single clerk working at checkin time so he had to constantly stop to answer the phone and answer questions from other guests who approached the desk. The next day they were struggling to get rooms cleaned for existing guests even after 4pm. The hotel seems busy but apparently is trying to run shorthanded which hurts the service level.

A tip for visitors - ask for a room on the opposite side of the interstate. There is a lot of noise even at night. Fortunately the AC allows you to set the fan to run constantly to help drown out the noise.

I'd try to stay somewhere else next time I'm in the area but wouldn't cry if I had to stay at this location.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
HGINorthAustin, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Thank you so much for your recent review. I do apologize for any frustrations that you might have encountered during your stay. On the particular day you arrived there was a natural disaster (wildfire) close by that put 100 families out of their homes for that night. We had an unusual number of calls and a larger than expected check-in rate for this reason. Regardless, we do apologize for any inconveniences during your stay as we aim to please every guest, every minute. I have shared your experience with our front desk and housekeeping managers so we make sure not to repeat the experience for any future guests. We do hope you give us another try when in the Austin area as we consistently achieve high guest satisfaction scores.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Austin North? Share your experiences!