“Excellence and Attentiveness during and after stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of aloft Austin at the Domain

Save Saved
You added aloft Austin at the Domain to your Saves list
aloft Austin at the Domain
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11601 Domain Drive, Austin, TX 78758 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #86 of 184 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas
“Excellence and Attentiveness during and after stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have had the opportunity to stay at this location during a job transfer to another city. The ability to bring my pet with me was invaluable. The Westin and Aloft at the Domain in Austin are terrific and their loving staff aid families with dogs. The Aloft staff aided me threw a scare with my dog by locating the nearest hospital while staying there. The Sales staff aided me in getting a reasonable rate for an extended period. The décor of the facility is great and trendy without being gauche. BUT, the best thing about them is they have great customer service and empathy for their customers actively staying with them and post staying with them. I had a package delivered to the hotel I thought four months after I departed their hotel (-turns out it was delivered to their sister hotel down the street where I stay before coming over to them). While I still have not located the package it is not because of a lack of trying on the part of the Aloft staff and GM Dana Cust. Mr. Cust has kept up communications and efforts to locate the package at his facility over the past 4-months. When I was traveling around Europe for business, I could still send him an email to get updates. He went above and beyond in staying connected when I would reach out to him and made me feel like he was in the trenches with me (and not bothering him) for locating this package. You will enjoy your time at the Aloft. I will not tell you there will not be times when noise is a factor, but it is not an extreme factor. It is located in a very popular location and young adults stay in the hotel. On Friday nights, the partiers going out can be a little loud...but note, you can still rest and relax when you arrive back at home (for me) /hotel (for others). My thanks to all of the staff at the Aloft for the work and care extended.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the elevators or on the left corridor over the restaurant.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at aloft Austin at the Domain, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback of our hotel with us. It's always great to hear when someone enjoys their stay and feels like all of their needs were exceeded when staying with us! Come back and see us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel in the Domain area of Austin is a unique loft experience. It takes the traditional hotel stay and twists it so that it is now a loft type room. Personally, this is not my type of room but overall the hotel was very welcoming and accommodating to this typical weary business traveler. The staff goes above and beyond to make all guests feel at home. The lobby / bar area is very “hip.” I guess at my age it is kind of lost on me. However, I am sure there are many other guests who really love the vibe. I just prefer a more traditional type of hotel and I know that is a personal preference and therefore no reflection on the hotel. I know that in the future if I am in Austin I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a room above the bar located outside of the property. The bar can get very load at n...
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 sat night while in town for an event. Checkin and parking were very easy and loved how dog friendly the place was. Our room was extremely clean and comfortable enough for 4 adults and the dog. Shower was amazing and beds were much more comfy than any suite type hotel we could have chosen. Only complaint was that the "nightclub" downstairs got packed and since we were on the 2nd floors music was loud. We thought it looked further out of town but honestly only a 10-15 min drive from east 6th street where our event was. Would definately stay again!

• Stayed October 2013
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at aloft Austin at the Domain, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Rebecca H,
Thanks for taking the time to share your positive sentiments about our hotel with us. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our comfortable beds and dog friendly accommodations. We hope to welcome you and your furry friend back very soon!
Hitchin, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip. Modern design with nice reception area, comfortable and good size rooms, relaxing bar and well equipped gym. It felt compact in that nothing was that far from the lobby area. The breakfast offering is OK if you want a light breakfast but wasn't for me so I walked down to the Westin a block away for a cooked breakfast. The A/C is very noisy (I was on the second floor - can't speak for other floors) and my colleagues said the bar next door was very noisy at the weekend so my room tip is to get a room at the other end of the hotel from the bar next door. The staff were universally very pleasant and helpful and the hotel had a relaxed feel which I liked.

Room Tip: See above - ask for a "quiet room" - the staff will know what you mean...
Dear Chris P,
Thanks for your kind words about your recent stay with us. We're pleased to hear you found our hotel to be convenient to nearby attractions and that you enjoyed the atmosphere. Please come back and see us soon!
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Very cool hotel, located in the "Domain" off Mopac (TX Highway 1) with easy access to everything Austin style. It's not downtown, but is only 20 mins away in a car if you need to visit. The Domain has everything you need from shops to restaurants, bars to gyms.

The hotel is great, staff friendly, efficient and keen to please. Hotel has a pool, gym, bar, snack shop.

Rooms are large, and in the same floorplan as every other 'aloft' I've stayed at. Everything you need in one trendy little package.

I love this chain. Still with the hip'ness of it's bigger brother the 'W' but slightly less pretentious and with a lower cost attached. Of course I still love the W, that's a given, but the 'aloft' group is always 2nd on the list.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same. Try not to get a room directly over the outside bar though as it's VERY...
Dear jandrewsesq,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback about our hotel with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our hotel accommodations and we hope to see you back very soon.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

First time to try the aloft concept. The lobby areas are very cool and inviting and the rooms look great at first glance. However, the A/C was too loud and the room was never comfortable. I will give the concept another try and hope for a better experience.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This property like al the a lofts is a trendy loft style property located in the center of a great shopping area including many of the high end boutiques. The area is also rich in restaurants. The hotel was clean and quiet, just what we needed. The views are ok but its suburbia so not fabulous. We have a great time

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at aloft Austin at the Domain, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Charles V,
Thanks for taking the time to share your positive feedback about our hotel with us. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.

Been to aloft Austin at the Domain? Share your experiences!