“Honestly, a little disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of aloft Austin at the Domain

Save Saved
You added aloft Austin at the Domain to your Saves list
aloft Austin at the Domain
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11601 Domain Drive, Austin, TX 78758 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #77 of 183 hotels in Austin
Dallas, Texas
“Honestly, a little disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

First time to try the aloft concept. The lobby areas are very cool and inviting and the rooms look great at first glance. However, the A/C was too loud and the room was never comfortable. I will give the concept another try and hope for a better experience.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This property like al the a lofts is a trendy loft style property located in the center of a great shopping area including many of the high end boutiques. The area is also rich in restaurants. The hotel was clean and quiet, just what we needed. The views are ok but its suburbia so not fabulous. We have a great time

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at aloft Austin at the Domain, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Charles V,
Thanks for taking the time to share your positive feedback about our hotel with us. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.
seattle, wa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here only one night, but it was to just unwind from our flight in. I needed to return something at Zara, so this hotel provided what we needed. It is your standard business hotel - nothing more, nothing less. The location is great if you need to do shopping since it is a part of a big outdoor mall. Also, visit TopGolf if you enjoy driving ranges.

Stayed October 2013
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Had stayed with their other aLoft, and thought wanted to check if everything was the same. And yes it was. Setup and layouts were the same. Had stayed for 10 days and had a great time. The Domain mall is just right across. Its close to Austin downtown and Round Rock. The staff were a great brunch. Always there and very helpful. Breakfast from chef Becky is always great.

Room Tip: Had a room on the top floor facing the pool but was almost at the corner. Room 60X
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is a return stay here. I have stayed at htis property in the past and returned due to it's convenient location and superb customer service. Check in was a breeze, friendly front desk associates. Was given a room towards the rear of the property (best accomodation). All rooms are similarly set up with two queen beds and a dressing area. Most rooms have only a shower. If you want a tub I think you have to ask. The beds were comfy and cushy. Good pillows. Relatively quiet room. The location is in the middle of an outdoor shopping and entertainment center. If you like to shop or want good restaurants...go no further.

Room Tip: Backside of the hotel on the South side (away from the restaurant/bar)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am usually very happy with SPG properties, but this stay was one of the most disappointing I've had. First, the hotel is undergoing construction, although it seems to be a new hotel in a good area. Check-in was ok, although I was told because I made my reservation last minute, they didn't have an appropriate room to upgrade me (gold status). I was ok without the upgrade but I was then placed in a room with two queens, not the king I reserved. And my view was a construction zone, dumpster and a potta-potty.

The hallway is dark and the vibe is trendy, although I think it falls a bit short of the mark. The room was incredibly disappointing. The closet is unusable, it's a shelf with a curtain across - but the shelf only is wide enough for the iron and a roll of toliet paper (seriously). The beds are platform and there is a funky built in seating area that probably is used for bags since a suitcase doesn't fit in the "closet". The desk does have outlets that are conveniently located. The vanity and sink are right next to the door, and long enough to hold a lot of stuff. There was a mini mini-fridge under the sink vanity. The toilet and shower are in a separate compartment. Shampoo and body wash are in dispensers so if you need soap, you will have to move the one bar of soap from sink to shower and back.

But, the most disappointing part of the room - the bed comfort and overall upkeep of the room. The mattress is so thin, that I could actually hear the springs boinging when I rolled over. One of the beds had the AC blowing directly on my face in bed (window unit and there are no louvers to redirect the flow) but the other bed had a large mattress sticker or label that irritated right through the sheet by my feet. I could not believe how bad the bed comfort was. Also in the middle of the night, the roll-up blind (no curtain) fell halfway off the roll, facing me to try to sleep with tons of light pouring into the room. For saying I spent nearly $200 a night after taxes, I expected far better than what I ended up with. I've stayed in motels that were cleaner and in better maintained shape.

One last thing, the cleanliness was obviously lacking. I posted a photo of the vessel sink with a ring of gunk clearly visibile. I was completely grossed out and obsessed over whether my toothbrush was anywhere close to that. To top it off, when I went to check out and let someone know about the blind and the gross sink, there was no one there...And I waited a few minutes for someone to show. I will not return to this hotel and am frankly, disappointed in Starwood that they even want their name associated with this place.

Room Tip: Stay at the Westin down the street...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at aloft Austin at the Domain, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear lakeflyer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us – we’re sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. We strive to maintain the standard of service you expect from a Starwood property, and are sorry to have let you down.

We see feedback as a gift, and appreciate you providing us with these detailed comments so that our management team can work to correct the service and cleanliness issues you described.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Traveled for business and stayed here for 2 nights. Since our local office also puts people up at the Aloft in my city, I was very familiar with it (they do tend to all look alike, no matter what city you stay in). I too am not a huge fan of the IKEA-like atmosphere, but I appreciate that they are trying to do something different and not be a run-of-the-mill hotel. The rooms seem to be geared mostly for business travelers, and suited me well. The bed and pillows were nothing short of luxurious. I will say the noise from the restaurant/bar below does tend to travel, but I personally wasn't too bothered by it. Someone below mentioned having to park off-premises and lug your own stuff; it's like half a block away. Not a big deal - and there is a roofed driveway in front of the lobby doors if you want to unload there. I found the staff incredibly professional, always addressing me as "Ma'am" when they spoke to me. The hotel is around a lot of shopping and restaurants, but located a fair distance away from downtown. The room was very clean and up-to-date; however, the shower's water pressure was pretty weak. There is free water/coffee and magazines in the rooms which was a nice touch. Since I think the main purpose of this hotel is for business and convenience to shopping, there's really no good 'view' from any of the rooms that I could tell. Mine overlooked a parking structure.

They also have a little area in the lobby where you can purchase food items at all hours, but I found they didn't have enough to my liking. I wished there was more variety. The drinks at the bar are also quite expensive, but I realize that comes with the territory when you go to a hotel bar.

My main criticism is the price. I was reimbursed by my company and booked through our company site (so I wasn't necessarily looking for 'deals' via a third party website), but altogether my stay was $474 (with taxes) for 2 nights. That seems astronomical to me for an Aloft. I feel like I could have gotten a nicer class of hotel for just a little bit more money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Manager at aloft Austin at the Domain, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear HappyTraveler3434,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our hotel with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, clean rooms, and professional staff. We hope that you stay with us again the next time you’re visiting the area.

Been to aloft Austin at the Domain? Share your experiences!