“High class hotel experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of aloft Austin at the Domain

You added aloft Austin at the Domain to your Saves list
aloft Austin at the Domain
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11601 Domain Drive, Austin, TX 78758 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #89 of 187 Hotels in Austin
“High class hotel experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Aloft is conveniently located in a fabulous shopping center which gives it a very safe feel when you are arriving in the wee hours of the morning. The design of the hotel is extremely modern with bright colors and clean lines. When you walk into the lobby, you are greeted by a helpful and friendly staff member. There was always an employee nearby to help me with anything I needed. One of my favorite things was how well my room was laid out. The bed area is separate from the bathroom area so people can get ready without disturbing the other occupants. Or maybe it was that the beds were so comfortable that I couldn't hear anything else going on. :D My only complaint would be that there was no complimentary breakfast. I'm so used to having waffles and eggs anytime I stay at a hotel that it was a slight letdown that I had to spend money on a parfait and piece of fruit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at aloft Austin at the Domain, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear chel1395,
Thanks for taking the time to share your positive feedback about our hotel with us, We are so happy to hear you found our hotel accommodating and enjoyed the Aloft experience. Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Baytown, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Staff was friendly and attentive. This was my third stay at an aloft hotel and have not been disappointed yet. Clean,comfortable rooms. A/C works great. Great convenience for shopping and a few restaurants/bars to choose from.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear jalmaguer30,
Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel and it's convenient location in Austin. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The hotel is undergoing some renovation, which despite the warnings by signs & staff, actually caused zero issues for me during the day.
+ Good quality rooms, clean, fresh, well designed
+ Nice bar with friendly staff and local beers
+ Breakfast food of good quality, but wouldn't class it as restaurant. More like a starbucks + freshly cooked bagel/muffins

- Pretty noisy HVAC in the room (renovation is to improve insulation, however when this thing starts up its like a car engine!)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear AntBS,
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel in Austin, and that you found no disturbances despite the minor renovations we are completing to improve our property. Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us and we truly hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future!
Austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had no towels in my room the bed was stained with wine I could not get a a change with 3 calls to room service, I wish I could of got a new room but I couldn't get a manager and I was on buisness I had the worst expeirence ever

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at aloft Austin at the Domain, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Brandon F,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your recent stay. We are disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered during your stay and apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. We understand the importance of having everything you need in your guest room during your stay and thus why you are frustrated. I have passed your comments along to the rest of the hotel team so we may improve upon your feedback moving forward.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Was my 2nd stay with the aloft. Got it much cheaper than the Westin where we usually stay. The Domain is a nice area with everything walkable. Don't book it when you need to be close to downtown, is quite a drive.
Staff is very friendly and helpful. Hotel has a 'youngster' image :)

• Stayed June 2013
Dear fungogh,
We appreciate your positive feedback on our hotel in Austin and hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Pros-

Although I like a lower floor room, I was not happy with the first room we were placed in, so we were promptly moved and landed on the top floor (6th-604), close to the end of the hallway. The room was very quiet, very little hallway/construction noise. The bed was a bit lumpy to me, but tolerable and the A/C did a great job, it was almost too cold. Note: (The hallways are warm due to construction) Our window view was on the construction/pool side, but we were up too high to notice without looking down. The view of North Austin was really nice in the evening and early morning.

There is no tub, but the shower was very roomy, and the water temp. was great! The room itself is designed very efficiently, but flows well and was comfortable.

Inviting Lobby...Pool Table...Games can be checked out from the desk...Bar....Exercise Room...Business Center...and nicely stocked Snack area.

Easy Traffic in the area.

Across for super nice mall and restaurants.

Cons-

Self-parking is complimentary...but not on location. Its on the corner and there is no valet. Also the patrons from Mall and Bar next door use the same lot and where using the area designated for the hotel. The hotel did not enforce their parking while we were there.

Its really, really pet friendly. While hanging out in the lobby on our last night, we saw at least 15 dogs come through the lobby. They were small and seemingly friendly animals. I am just not a animal lover and it was not clear if there was a floor designated for pets. Something I will definitely check into more when booking hotels in the future, since both the hubby and I suffer from allergies.

The staff could use more training in customer service and working with different ethnicities, they were not rude, but could have been friendlier. (Simon excluded, he was super friendly and helpful every time we saw him.) I asked about the refresh station (thinking thats where the ice machine may be located) and one of the clerks responded thinking he was being funny, but was actually a bit offensive.

This was a minimoon for us as we were just married the day before our stay at Aloft, so we were able to relax after a stressful few weeks. We were even able to get dine in service and the food was excellent. I am still not completely sold on Aloft, but I don't count it out. I will definitely give it a try in another city before making a final decision. I probably wont ever go back to this particular one, not because of the hotel, but because I don't like the city of Austin itself.

Room Tip: If you can take advantage of being "Green". As part of the green initiatives program, they...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear cvetteadk1,
Thanks for sharing your feedback about our hotel with us. We are glad you decided to stay at our Aloft in Austin and that you appreciated and enjoyed some of the unique features of our hotel as well as our friendly staff. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future!
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was a very nice Hotel in a great location! The staff could not have been nicer - even gave us a nightly lift to area restaurants! The folks who work here are definitely many steps above the average Hotel employees (Simon, especially :)! I even got into a Real Estate conversation with a very nice gentleman at the front desk, and when my daughter and I returned from dinner he had a local newspaper with an article about our discussion bookmarked and waiting for me. Now that is not just service - that is thoughtful intelligent service!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at aloft Austin at the Domain, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Beth D,
We are so glad to hear your positive feedback and experiences regarding our staff during your stay. It's good to know we were able to provide you with the highest level of customer service during your stay as it is always our goal to go above and beyond when you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Been to aloft Austin at the Domain? Share your experiences!