We stayed recently while in town for a wedding. This was where a block of rooms was reserved, so many of us stayed here. The hotel was under construction, which we were not told about ahead of time (even though there were many calls up until the day before we went.) There was a sign stating there was construction being done, giving the hours to expect to hear it. I appreciate that notice, but it was still bothersome to hear pounding from 8 am on.
The room set-up was great, and the lobby was perfect for the family to sit and chat. The pool had no water (it was January) but the back patio was still a nice place to sit and get some sun. The rooms all have mini-fridges, which was excellent- we were able to run to the store and stock up on water and snacks. Free parking is an awesome perk! The area is nice, though the shopping is mostly chains you can find anywhere else.
Other than the construction, my main complaint is that things just seemed to keep going wrong for us. We were locked out of our room one morning; it took quite a while to solve this and find out why (3 trips to the lobby to re-key the card before someone came up to check it out, had to call in the engineer)- turns out the battery in the lock died. We were trying to leave to go to brunch with the big group and were delayed, and then we had to leave the engineer there to fix it, which involves a lot of trust and was not comfortable. It was fixed, though, and everyone was pleasant. Then the washing machine wouldn't start- again, had to wait a while for someone to come look at it and then call someone else to fix it. Our phone only worked on and off, as well, and an outlet in the room stopped working, but quite honestly, we no longer had time to wait for people to come and check things out. I get that it's a minimalist concept employee-wise, but the length of waiting time really makes me prefer a hotel with a full staff.
The wedding rate that we had for some of the nights was good, but the nights not on the wedding rate were not worth that price.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Austin At The Domain Hotel
- Aloft Austin At The Domain Hotel Austin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Aloft Austin, located at The Domain, which is known as the second downtown in Austin. You'll find some of the best shopping, dining and entertainment at our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your aloft Austin at the Domain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.