We stayed at the Aloft at the Domain over the weekend while visiting my brother who lives in Austin. It was located in a great spot and the drive downtown was not too far. The rooms were layed out nicely and had everything you needed (iron, mini-fridge, hair dryer, safe). My only complaint about the room was the water pressure in the shower. I don't know if it was just our room but it was horrible! We also had to request our room to be cleaned one day. Other than that, it was a comfortable stay - not noisy as I've read in some of the other reviews.
The lobby was very nice as was the bar. Although it was too cool to use the pool, it looked like a nice outdoor area and I'm disappointed it wasn't warmer! There was live music in the lobby on Monday night when we got back from dinner which was very good. I beleive they have live music twice a week.
The staff was really friendly and accomodating. We got stuck there for an extra night due to Hurricane Sandy and flights being canceled into Phila. They were more than helpful and there was no problem with us extending our stay.
Overall, I would definitely stay there again. Loved that it was pet-friendly as well!!
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Austin At The Domain Hotel
- Aloft Austin At The Domain Hotel Austin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Aloft Austin, located at The Domain, which is known as the second downtown in Austin. You'll find some of the best shopping, dining and entertainment at our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Starwood, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Tingo and Otel so you can book your aloft Austin at the Domain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.