“So loud” 3 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Austin / Arboretum

You added HYATT house Austin / Arboretum to your Saves list
HYATT house Austin / Arboretum
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10001 N Capital of Texas Highway, Austin, TX 78759 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Austin / Arboretum) (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #33 of 190 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Little Rock, Arkansas
“So loud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Room and location are great, but I'd you have paper thin walls it would be smart not to ever use the room next to the breast buffet. Every morning awake at 6am listening to every conversation. Just don't even use that room anymore.

• Stayed September 2012
Brian L, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with some valuable information. We will be converting that room shortly to a different area of the hotel. Look forward to a return visit and if I can be of any further assistance please let me know,

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Nice surprise, the location was great easy acess to 360 loop or Jct 1 here in Austin. The service was great from check in (Amy at the the front desk was friendly and very helpful). It is set up more for business, but we have 8 & 9 year old boys so the suite set up with the full kitchen was very nice. They have comp warm breakfast in the morning Eggs Bacon Waffle plus the usually continental typs stuff. We will stay here agian when in Austin.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side can get a little loud
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brian L, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
We greatly appreciate your time in completing a review. I look forward to your return,

Bonham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My annual conference is at the Renaissance/Arboretum but I prefer the Hyatt. LOVE the kitchenette; the other place charges too much for meals either in the room or restaurant. I don't have to fight for an elevator.
Hyatt is always very clean. The front desk staff is always accommodating and very friendly. Breakfasts are fresh and hot and FREE. It changes daily. Pool looks clean as does the gym and full sized laundry. The only thing that keeps it from being perfect is that twice now the ice maker in the full sized fridge didn't work. This second time I stayed in Building B (which I recommend), it has a very nice ice maker in the laundry room. Beds are a little firm for me, but usually motel beds are. I love the full sized closet, ironing board, hair dryer; plus the microwave, dishwasher sink with garbage disposal. It is just like home, probably better with maid service!!

Room Tip: Building A is closer to breakfast and pool; Building B offers gym, full sized ice machine and full s...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Brian L, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you so much for the feedback, we look forward to hosting you and the conference attendees again.
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I figured this for the normal business suite set up, which really, it sort of is. What makes this different is service. From check in to check out and everything in between, great service. This wasn't a really business trip per se, I had the family with me. My family had a nice stay, met other families and for the business I needed to conduct, it all worked out well. I'll be staying there on my future trips to Austin.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brian L, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are thrilled to hear you and the family enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

We tried to check into the Hyatt House Arboretum on July 8th, and assumed that since we had made reservations 2 months earlier it would be a piece of cake. When we arrived, we were informed that they had no way to honor our reservation because another guest had decided to extend their stay and they had taken our room. Really? They offered to give us two single rooms instead of the two bedroom we had reserved, which meant we would have to put our young son in a room by himself. They had NO adjoining rooms! Really? They want me to put our son in a room by himself? Suppose he got sick in the middle of the night? What if someone broke into the room? I told them "sure, if they provided hallway security 24 hours to ensure his protection. Of course they didn't. They would even give us $10 off each room for each night. Now, keep in mind we were staying for a week, and had chosen them based on reviews we read on tripadvisor. The young girl we spoke to was unsympathetic, uncaring, and bordered on rude. She claimed she tried to call us to let us know, and she emailed us. Yep, she sure did, an hour before we arrived. Really? After finding other accommodations for the night, my wife called the Hyatt House and asked what type of compensation they were providing considering the circumstances. The desk lady at the Hyatt said she could give us " points"! Really? Like I would ever stay at a Hyatt property EVER again, based on my experience so far! Basically Hyatt flopped on this one, big time! Not only do I not recommend this property, I highly discourage any Hyatt proper if this is their standard operating procedure. If you decide to stay here, be warned that reservations are good enough. You may or may not have a room waiting.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brian L, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback that will allow us to improve. I am sorry your experience was nothing less than perfect .

Te xas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Very nice rooms and clean. It is very quite and relaxing. Service is awesome!! Front desk employees know how to treat their guest. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Thank you so much for taking your time to send us a response. We know your time is valuable and I am very appreciative of you completing an online review. We look forward to your return,

Thanks Again,

Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I was very impressed with the room. It had everything I could possibly need. My biggest complaint was the parking. I found a spot pretty easily in the afternoon when I checked in, but when I came back later that evening there wasn't anything close to my room. There are 3 buildings; A, B, and C. I was in B. After driving through the parking lot twice, I finally just parked by building A and hiked to building B. Luckily I wasn't in building C because there wasn't anything over there and it really would've been a hike! Noise was also an issue. In the middle of the night some people came in, talking loud and slamming doors. A little later there was a fight in the hallway that carried out into the parking lot. Soundproofing in this hotel was awful. And the next morning when the cleaning staff started working, well there was no point in trying to sleep in.

I'd stay here again because of the location and the price, but I was disappointed with the parking and noise.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your feedback, I wish you a great 2012!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Austin NW - Arboretum Area
Staybridge Suites Austin Arboretum
Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum
Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest
Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW

Been to HYATT house Austin / Arboretum? Share your experiences!