“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Austin / Arboretum

Travelocity Orbitz.com
HYATT house Austin / Arboretum
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10001 N Capital of Texas Highway, Austin, TX 78759 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Austin / Arboretum) (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #19 of 182 hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I figured this for the normal business suite set up, which really, it sort of is. What makes this different is service. From check in to check out and everything in between, great service. This wasn't a really business trip per se, I had the family with me. My family had a nice stay, met other families and for the business I needed to conduct, it all worked out well. I'll be staying there on my future trips to Austin.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brian L, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are thrilled to hear you and the family enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

GM

180 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

We tried to check into the Hyatt House Arboretum on July 8th, and assumed that since we had made reservations 2 months earlier it would be a piece of cake. When we arrived, we were informed that they had no way to honor our reservation because another guest had decided to extend their stay and they had taken our room. Really? They offered to give us two single rooms instead of the two bedroom we had reserved, which meant we would have to put our young son in a room by himself. They had NO adjoining rooms! Really? They want me to put our son in a room by himself? Suppose he got sick in the middle of the night? What if someone broke into the room? I told them "sure, if they provided hallway security 24 hours to ensure his protection. Of course they didn't. They would even give us $10 off each room for each night. Now, keep in mind we were staying for a week, and had chosen them based on reviews we read on tripadvisor. The young girl we spoke to was unsympathetic, uncaring, and bordered on rude. She claimed she tried to call us to let us know, and she emailed us. Yep, she sure did, an hour before we arrived. Really? After finding other accommodations for the night, my wife called the Hyatt House and asked what type of compensation they were providing considering the circumstances. The desk lady at the Hyatt said she could give us " points"! Really? Like I would ever stay at a Hyatt property EVER again, based on my experience so far! Basically Hyatt flopped on this one, big time! Not only do I not recommend this property, I highly discourage any Hyatt proper if this is their standard operating procedure. If you decide to stay here, be warned that reservations are good enough. You may or may not have a room waiting.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brian L, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback that will allow us to improve. I am sorry your experience was nothing less than perfect .

Te xas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Very nice rooms and clean. It is very quite and relaxing. Service is awesome!! Front desk employees know how to treat their guest. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Thank you so much for taking your time to send us a response. We know your time is valuable and I am very appreciative of you completing an online review. We look forward to your return,

Thanks Again,

Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I was very impressed with the room. It had everything I could possibly need. My biggest complaint was the parking. I found a spot pretty easily in the afternoon when I checked in, but when I came back later that evening there wasn't anything close to my room. There are 3 buildings; A, B, and C. I was in B. After driving through the parking lot twice, I finally just parked by building A and hiked to building B. Luckily I wasn't in building C because there wasn't anything over there and it really would've been a hike! Noise was also an issue. In the middle of the night some people came in, talking loud and slamming doors. A little later there was a fight in the hallway that carried out into the parking lot. Soundproofing in this hotel was awful. And the next morning when the cleaning staff started working, well there was no point in trying to sleep in.

I'd stay here again because of the location and the price, but I was disappointed with the parking and noise.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your feedback, I wish you a great 2012!
New Tripoli
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed here with a friend for graduation time in early June. Our room was clean, nicely decorated and comfortable. There is a kitchenette with some extras and a comfortable sitting area. The beds were very comfortable, I slept like a baby. We were pleasantly surprised to find complimentary dinner Monday-Thursday as well as complimentary breakfast. The breakfast bar included eggs, omelets, waffles, bagels, fresh fruit and yogurt, cereal and different kinds of bread for toasting. I was impressed! Not just that but the staff was so friendly, everyone wore a smile. Oh, also FREE Starbucks all day long! We had to check out early so I could catch a flight and the staff actually prepared the food a little earlier than normal so that we could eat before we left and enjoy some hot coffee. Pinch me, will you? I mean really I must say that this hotel was, while not overtly fancy, was in my opinion one of the best I have ever stayed. There is a fitness area and a small pool area. My only regret was that my stay wasn't a little longer...I could get used to that!! :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for going in with so much detail on the response, this allows our travelers to understand more of what we have to offer. I thank you for your review and look forward to your return.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We recently stayed at the Hyatt House for one night during Memorial Day weekend. It was a large property with several buildings, but we were lucky enough to get a room on the second floor in the same building as the front desk. Check-in was frustrating as the front desk worker was attending to other business for close to 10 minutes before they attended to us... I would not normally care but it was about midnight and we were tired from driving about 7 hours after work and just wanted to call it a night.

The room, which was a studio suite was a good size. The property had a dated feel to it compared to the then-Summerfield Suites we stayed in in Sandy, Utah in 2010. Hyatt House is a continuation of the Summerfield brand by Hyatt. Still, the studio was a good size and breakfast was ok. I like these style of hotels as they provide you a mini-kitchen and a separate seating area, I find it preferable to other types of hotels, so on road trips or even on longer vacations, we tend to look for these type of properties.

The location is good in NW Austin. It puts you not too far from great attractions like Lake Travis (and of course the Arboretum). We've stayed several times at the Staybridge Suites near Anderson Mill further up 183, but based on price we chose this location. They are comparable properties and not too far from each other in NW Austin. I would choose between the properties based on price. I do recommend staying in NW Austin though on your trip.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you so much for providing feedback about your recent visit. We hope to see you in the future if you are ever in the Austin area again.

Thanks,

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on May 18-20th for our daughter's graduation at UT. It's just a few miles from downtown, but there are restaurants and lots of shopping around it. just off the highway and convenient to all areas. We liked the suite. The hotel is dated but many areas have been refurbished and all looks clean and nice. The suites are comfortable, and include a kitchen with all the utensils you need. We were 3 in the room and it wasn't crowded. Our friends and family stayed there as well and we were told that their rooms had a different layout and were not as nice, however clean. I loved being nestled among greenery and trees. Staff was very helpful, and the included breakfast had a variety. This hotel also serves appetizers in the evening during the week, along with beer and wine. In all, I was pleased with this property. We paid a very good rate as well. Something like $115.00 for the suite. I recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Brian L, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete an online review, we greatly appreciate all your feedback and await your return. I wish you the best in 2012!

GM

Been to HYATT house Austin / Arboretum? Share your experiences!