We recently stayed at the Hyatt House for one night during Memorial Day weekend. It was a large property with several buildings, but we were lucky enough to get a room on the second floor in the same building as the front desk. Check-in was frustrating as the front desk worker was attending to other business for close to 10 minutes before they attended to us... I would not normally care but it was about midnight and we were tired from driving about 7 hours after work and just wanted to call it a night.
The room, which was a studio suite was a good size. The property had a dated feel to it compared to the then-Summerfield Suites we stayed in in Sandy, Utah in 2010. Hyatt House is a continuation of the Summerfield brand by Hyatt. Still, the studio was a good size and breakfast was ok. I like these style of hotels as they provide you a mini-kitchen and a separate seating area, I find it preferable to other types of hotels, so on road trips or even on longer vacations, we tend to look for these type of properties.
The location is good in NW Austin. It puts you not too far from great attractions like Lake Travis (and of course the Arboretum). We've stayed several times at the Staybridge Suites near Anderson Mill further up 183, but based on price we chose this location. They are comparable properties and not too far from each other in NW Austin. I would choose between the properties based on price. I do recommend staying in NW Austin though on your trip.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Austin / Arboretum Hotel Austin
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Austin / Arboretum Hotel
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Austin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt house Austin/Arboretum is located in the upscale Arboretum area of Austin Texas. In addition to the Arboretum shops, several other shopping centers are nearby including the Simon® Domain Mall, The Gateway Mall, Lakeline Mall, and Highland and Barton Creek Square Mall. Round Rock Outlet mall is 12 miles north or the outlet malls of San Marcos are just a quick 45 miles to the south. For the business traveler, our northwest Austin location is conveniently located near the JJ Pickle UT Research Center, IBM, Emerson, Apple, Microsoft, Agilent, Flextronics, Oracle, G-Tech, Cadence Design, Intel, Freescale, Banc Vue, Motorola and Texas Instruments. The downtown Austin live music scene is just 10 miles from the Arboretum hotel as is the main campus of the University of Texas, Texas State Capital, LBJ Library as well as the 6th street entertainment district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Venere, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your HYATT house Austin / Arboretum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.