“Great Hotel Staff” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Great Hotel Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This Four Seasons has the best staff I've ever witnessed at a hotel. Our bags were in our room before we made it to the room during check in. Our family of five stayed at the hotel and the staff made our kids feel extra special by doing little things like bringing frozen grapes to them at the pool and giving them small toys during check-in. Location is centrally located and the views of the lake and green belt are nice, as well as the walking paths directly behind the hotel. We will definitely be back....hopefully soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
Florham Park, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

All the staff at the Four Seasons Hotel are so efficient and pleasant. It is always such a pleasure to walk into a beautifully designed and well-kept hotel where the atmosphere is happy and the people anticipate every need. I love it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had a party for 500 in the Four Seasons ballroom and from planning stages weeks before, to the clean up afterwards, every person we came into contact with went above and beyond our expectations. Truly, I could not have accomplished all that I did in the short time frame I had without Marji's continuous help. And as the chairman, I didn't plan on actually enjoying the evening myself because I thought I would be busy dealing with issues & details but because of Lisa and her team I was actually able to have a great time myself! Not only that, but we had so many compliments on the food - I'd bet at least 20 people remarked on how good it all was (especially the beef short ribs!) Thank You, Thank You!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had a wonderful time at the Four Seasons for a staycation. The little extras, like the tastes of drinks they bring at the pool, and the most beautiful flower arrangements in the front lobby just transport you from Austin into a life of luxe.

Mark, the sommelier at Trio was wonderful and suggested a perfect pairing for dinner and then also for a champagne for dessert. (Hello hangover burger!!!!)

Everyone was really helpful, but the woman who checked us in at the front desk was so sweet and so welcoming - I had had some confusion about my room and rate, but she totally took care of it and was just really wonderful. Later the next day, she recognized us as we were coming in and took the time to ask if we were satisfied with the fix. I felt like she really genuinely cared...so nice. I wish I could remember her name, I think it was Loran or Lori? (She has really dark hair straight hair).

I didn't hit the spa this time, but want to make it a point to do it next time.

All in all, everyone was very nice. I'm local and don't have time to zip out of town, but love to spend a weekend at our various hotels every couple months. This and Hotel Saint Cecilia have been my favorites by far. This is an older feeling hotel once in the rooms than some of the others or even by Four Seasons standards, but still 5 star rating. It's the PERFECT location, great pool, wonderful to be on the Lake/trail. But the people really make it - just love love love.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The location of the hotel was great. Very convenient and close to everything. The Congress street bridge is right behind the hotel, so you could take a quick walk to see the bats come out at night (if that interests you) Lots of restaurants nearby, (Moonshine is excellent if you get the chance to go.) SoCo is a quick trip too and a great way to find an Austin take home treasure that isn't like the regular touristy stuff. Go into Allen's Boots in SoCo just for the smell of the leather. We also took the PubCrawler around Austin (pedal drive the bar around to selected bar stops) We met some great people and went to bars we would have never known about, It was a great experience. the staff at the hotel were so welcoming every time we came and went (and we did this several times in a day). Our room was always clean and turned down at night. I would love to stay here again! We had the city view which was beautiful from the 9th floor, but I would have loved the water view too. A wonderful place to stay in Austin!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed here in August and had a great time. The hotel is located on a gorgeous piece of land with running trails, the lake is right there, trees and a pool area. We were able to see the Austin Bridge from our rooms and at nigth the bats fly over the bridge, pretty cool. The pool was not large but nice and great service, especially a British younger guy who worked the afternoon was fantastic, provided extra towels, iced water and drinks on the snap. Also the front desk personnel were great and the concierge. As I mentioned the location was perfect a few blocks from 6th street and all the action, many superp restaurants near by and by the lake. The rooms were not super large but ok size and since everything else was perfect I would for sure stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view over the lake.