“First Class all the Way” 5 of 5 stars

USD 100 Hotel Credit
Ranked #5 of 187 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tuscola Texas
“First Class all the Way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Friendliness and professionalism from the front door to the front desk. It is in a great location on the beautiful lake. Request a lake view!Maid service twice a day, they even folded up our old clothes that was thrown around the room.You can walk to 6th street or the convention center easily. I did not use the restaurant.

Room Tip: If you want a great view I would request something over the 5th story.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I love this hotel! I have stayed here many, many times over the years and I still love it just as much. It has a Texas feel, which I really like. The back of the hotel overlooks the lake (although the trees have grown so tall it’s hard to see). There is a gently rolling hill down to the bike/jogging path, which is a beehive of activity. You are in downtown Austin but honestly feel like you are at a resort in the country. It’s very serene and peaceful. There are hammocks and benches outside for relaxation. Just overall a great vibe.
The rooms are a good size, which is important to me. The bathroom is decent, not opulent but just fine. I had a lovely view of trees. The bed was comfortable. I know the hotel allows dogs as I saw quite a few. The service was generally very good. Overnight parking is $32.50, which seems pretty steep, but maybe that is market rate for downtown. A glass of wine in the happening bar was $10, which seems quite reasonable. The bar is a great place to people watch and visit. The food is consistently good at the restaurant and there is a beautiful outdoor seating area in nice weather.
I had a couple of glitches in my room but the engineer was very quick to get those fixed, which I appreciated. I did not visit the spa or the gym but they looked nice. I did visit the pool, which was a super way to spend an afternoon. There are attendants to bring you drink or food if desired. I couldn’t have been happier with my visit and highly recommend the Four Seasons!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Spent four days here on business. The hotel is nice, but service was hit and miss. For example, some times I had doormen opening doors and offering me water, and other times, I was ignored. Same thing in the restaurant Trio. First night for dinner, I had excellent service from Justin. The next day at breakfast, the waiter ignored me for ten minutes, then, took my order, brought it, and never came back until he brought my bill. The next night, I brought a VIP musician. As I went to drop off my briefcase in the room, he asked for a table. They first told him no problem, then, said it would be a 15 minute wait because they were short staffed. They had 1waiter. The bus boy was pulled from lawn maintenance to cover. My grouper was cold when it arrived, and it took forever. Very embarrassed in front of my guests.

The room was comfortable and quiet, however, I noticed long black hair on the bathroom floor that was not mine! It stayed for a day until I picked it up.

In this price range, I expect more than just good...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Anthony,
I want to thank you for the generous four stars you gave us in your recent review of your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. Based on your comments, I'm not sure we lived up to that rating and I'm certain we didn't live up to our typical standards of Four Seasons service.

I will be sure to personally address the inconsistencies in service with our staff. There is no excuse for the lapses you describe, regardless of our staffing levels.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. I do hope you will consider returning again to Four Seasons Hotel Austin; please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally if I may be of any assistance.

Best regards,
Ed Gannon
Hotel Manager
Woodbridge, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I can't think of a single thing that could have been better except the wifi service. Even during checkout when the billing system failed, I was allowed to proceed and have my final receipt emailed. The cocktail lounge is amazing, the pool was the best and the two breakfasts we ate at in the restaurant there were to die for. I almost wish I had never stayed there because now I am spoiled.

Let me give you an example. Most hotels have pools...even nice pools. This had a cabana, a bar and a place to get communal supplies like toys, sunscreen and towels. I overheard a guest asking an attendant to get him swim goggles, and I laughed...until the attendant actually brought him the goggles.

When the valet would give us our car, he would offer us water for the drive. They have a free shoe shining service and a laundry service. The bed was super-comfy. I never once had to adjust the air room temperature.

I loved this hotel and will stay there any chance I get.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Four Seasons Austin. I can't think of anything negative to say. Everything was perfect!! We were able to walk or take pedicabs to almost everywhere we went. We took the city transit bus to and from the hotel which was more comfortable than a cab and cost only $1 each way per person.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear rthom123,

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I’m glad to hear our location in the city center made your Austin exploration more convenient. We do take pride in our property’s proximity to the hubbub of Austin culture. And, of course, it’s always wonderful to hear when a guest has nothing negative to say about their stay! Thank you again, I hope you won’t wait too long to visit us again in the future.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Cocktails, snacks, and a "happening place"! Friday night the bar was packed. Food, drinks and service was great. Fun,fun, fun! We started with the wife and I at cocktail hour and by 7:30 PM we had 10 of us at the table. Variety of food was great, beer was cold, and the view was fabulous.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Robert4591,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. I’m thrilled to hear your experience in the Lobby Lounge was so much fun! It certainly says something when the party grows from two to ten. I’m happy you found the service and food to meet your expectations and that the view added to the experience. Visit us anytime; we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Glen Cove, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Staff was so incredibly friendly, welcoming and helpful! Loved the car service which was available for around town after 5. Great cocktail bar in reception area. Service at Trio a little spotty but genuinely apologetic. Lacks the historic beauty of the Driskill Grill in Austin and grandeur of other Four Seasons I've stayed at around the country, but if you want a great, no brainer hotel to stay at this is the easy choice...you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Enjoyed our room which looked out over the lake!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Katie.

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I’m delighted to hear our Lobby Lounge and House Car Service made your trip back to Austin a memorable one. We always like to receive feedback from our guests so I look forward to sharing your compliments with the staff. Hopefully, you won’t wait too long to visit us again in the future!

Rob Hagelberg

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Austin? Share your experiences!