“The hotel room price and extra charges tacked on for amenities is overpriced for the general condition of the property” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Austin

Ranked #5 of 187 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel is very nice, the staff is friendly and the view is wonderful. The room rate is way overpriced for the area and general condition of the hotel. For half the price, I have stayed at much nicer four and five star properties. The carpet in my room was clearly not clean and stained, the in-room dining menu was missing, and the housekeeping staff forgot the bottled water. The staff was very prompt to respond to complaints and extremely cheerful. In-room dining for breakfast for one was over $40 by the time three or four separate charges were tacked on. There are no other eating options other than the main dining room, and no quick take-away food area. For over $600 a night, I was given a relatively small room two doors away from the elevator area. The lobby is nice, but so loud when busy that I literally could not hear the check-in clerk. I like this hotel, but it is pricing itself in a range that does not reflect the true property value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river side, away from the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear HoustonKaren,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin with us on TripAdvisor. I especially appreciate your comments regarding our staff's responsiveness and overall demeanor since we pride ourselves on our exemplary service.

That said, I was disappointed to hear you did not find your room condition up to standard or worth the value you paid. We are currently working with our team here on an update to all of our guestrooms and hope you are able to return and enjoy these enhancements on a future visit. I also appreciate your comments regarding the availability of dining options in the hotel. We are always looking for ways to provide better options to our guests so we will be sure to focus on this area in the future.

HoustonKaren, thank you again for your feedback. Should you wish to speak further regarding your experience or provide any additional details, I invite you to call or email me personally using the contact information below.

Rob Hagelberg
(512) 685-8034
rob.hagelberg@fourseasons.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We chose the Four Season's restaurant, Trio, as the location for a recent business meeting. The food and drinks were delicious, service was prompt and the private room afforded us privacy. We would definitely choose to return for future meetings.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was born and raised in Austin but I have lived in NYC for the last several years. When I come home I love to visit Four Seasons Hotel for drinks and live music in the lobby lounge, great bat viewing from the back lawn and dinner in their amazing restaurant TRIO. I brought a friend from NYC with me this time and Four Seasons Austin did not disappoint. They even made sure that the bats flew for my friend!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

For the past year, my daughter and I have been planning her wedding. Our first contact at the Four Seasons was Meredith Hill, whose professionalism and enthusiasm convinced us that the Four Seasons had to be part of Caroline's wedding festivities. We ruled out an outdoor wedding so opted for the indoor reception in the ballroom. Throughout the entire process, Meredith was prompt in responding to questions, available at all times to discuss details, and more than willing to try and accommodate Caroline's sometimes 'different' ideas. She bent over backwards to make it all perfect, and it was! Patrick and I cannot think of an instance when anything went wrong, and we are pretty sure that Meredith and Gina (Clink) could not have worked better together to make it the wedding of Caroline's dreams...The food and cakes were outstanding, and the staff very professional and attentive. I will definitely and enthusiastically recommend the Four Seasons and Meredith to anyone who asks (and event if they don't)!
Thank you for a wonderful experience. Bootsie & Patrick

Room Tip: Lakeview is beautiful! I highly recommend the 0th floor!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel. I attend conferences at the hotel twice a year and always look forward to it. The staff always recognizes me and "welcomes me back." They have accomodated me with regard to many issues without hesitation. The beds and bedding are beyond compare, and you can't beat the view of Ladybird Lake. The only complaint I would register is the additional parking charge. You already pay a tidy sum to stay, and then there is a $32/day parking charge--over which you have no control because there is no longer any self-parking available after they put up the Four Seasons condominiums.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a lake view room!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had a business meeting there recently. Service was fantastic, drinks were cold and wet and the food was superb. I wouldn't hesitate to use this hotel again and actually am anxious to do so! Watching the river flow by also adds for a nice ambiance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I recently got married at the Four Seasons Hotel Austin and everything was beautiful and went perfectly. The hotel staff does so much to make sure the day goes smoothly and is as stress free as possible. From having a large room for everyone in your wedding party to get ready in, to recommending possible vendors, the hotel has whatever you would need. The wedding coordinators are there to answer all questions, which was extremely helpful. The spa is a great place to get beauty treatments before the wedding, the ladies in my family and I all had wonderful, relaxing pedicures the day before and the spa staff was great. We had a large number of people staying at the hotel for our wedding and they all enjoyed their stay. The rooms are beautiful and the location of the hotel is perfect for visitors. We had our ceremony and reception at the hotel and the back lawn overlooking Lady Bird Lake is a beautiful spot to get married and to take wedding photos. For the reception we had dinner stations and all the food was delicious. The pastry department created a spectacular wedding cake and the service during the reception was amazing. The bride and groom get their own attendant who will get you anything you need from drinks to more food. The Four Seasons in Austin is an amazing place to get married, the hotel is the best and the highest quality and the location is beautiful. It was such a relief to know that everything on the wedding day was being taken care of and that I didn't have to worry. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect setting for our big day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Austin? Share your experiences!