“This was heaven!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Austin

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Austin to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Austin
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   98 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, TX 78701-4039 (South Austin)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Third Night Free
Ranked #5 of 183 hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lewsiville,Tx
“This was heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My employer sent me to Austin for official business, but this hotel made this effort seem so wonderful! The resturant Trio was amazing- the wine bar on my arrival was such a treat for a tired soul. Later in my stay, after a days work, I went to the spa, taking my dtr in law along for the experience. We both were so relaxed - and the happy hour discount was a plus for me. I have not mentioned the great room, awesome bed, and viewing the acitivities over Lady Bird Lake,including the daily sunset bats flying overhead from under the Congress Street Bridge. ( It's an Austin lovers paradise) The location was close to everything I needed. The staff was fantastic. Returning to reality was a bummer, work had never been so much fun.

Room Tip: Ask for the lake view! And take a stroll there even if you get street side.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Indiansummer64,

I’m so pleased to hear we helped make your trip to Four Seasons Hotel Austin a memorable one. And a work trip at that! I’m delighted you enjoyed the food in TRIO so much and that we could provide comfort for a “tired soul”. Traveling to a various cities for business can be taxing, I’m so pleased we could offer a spa experience to give you some reprieve from work! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay, I look forward to sharing your compliments with the staff. Whether for business or pleasure, we hope to see you again soon.

965 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My Husband and I just recently had our wedding reception at the Four Seasons Hotel in Austin, Texas. This was a wonderful experience! The staff was amazingly gracious and helpful. The catering staff was wonderful and worked with us to tailor our dinner to our dietary needs (my Husband and I are both Gluten Free). The food was incredible, and the waitstaff was very professional. The facility was beautiful, and we just cant say enough about this amazing hotel!

Vanessa and Brendan Flood

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs. Flood,

First let me say congratulations to you and your husband on your recent union! I’m so pleased you chose to spend your special day with us at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. And I’m delighted to hear our service left such a positive impression on you. Our catering and banquet teams work very hard to ensure perfection for our brides, right down to the last detail, so I look forward to sharing your compliments with the staff. Wishing you both a healthy and happy life together, may your paths find you back to visit us again soon!

Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Our firm hosted two special events at the Four Seasons, Austin recently for our clients and could not have asked for better service. The service was impeccable from dealing with the catering staff to set the menus and provide a good layout to ensuring we had a great room block for our guests. And, everyone from the front desk to housekeeping was responsive, friendly and helpful. Look forward to booking our next event at the hotel.

Room Tip: There is nothing more spectacular than the view of Lady Bird Lake in the morning.
Dear Susan_ATX,

It was great to read your review of your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, thank you for taking the time to share. Our staff truly prides themselves on being helpful and accommodating in every way so I am delighted to learn you felt their efforts from Catering all the way to Housekeeping. I look forward to sharing your compliments with the staff, as I know they will be happily received. We certainly hope to see you again for your next event- there is always a room overlooking Lady Bird Lake waiting! I agree, the view in the morning is hard to beat!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Wonderful lake view from my quiet and restful room - provided a great night's sleep! Service is excellent. Location is perfect - easy walk to nearby coffee houses and restaurants. Missy in Sales was a delight to work with in arranging our group's stay. Love the Four Seasons - will definitely be back!

kkc318,

I’m so pleased to hear we helped make your trip to Four Seasons Hotel Austin a memorable one. Our location is very special to us, being close enough to the action of downtown Austin and yet just off the beaten path enough to enjoy the views and serenity of Lady Bird Lake; I’m delighted to learn it help enhance your stay. I always appreciate it when guests take the time to send us positive feedback, so I look forward to sharing your compliments with Missy and the staff. We certainly hope you will visit us again in the future!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great stay. Fantastic service. If you need a quite place to do some work, try working outside on the beautifully landscaped banks of Lady Bird Lake. Very peaceful.

Great location! I would love to return again.

Dear pdlpdl,

Thank you for taking a moment to share some feedback about your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I’m delighted to hear our service left a positive impression on you and that you enjoyed the back lawn area overlooking Lady Bird Lake. I find the peacefulness of our back lawn to be a special feature as well, so I’m happy you enjoyed it. Whether for business or leisure, I hope you’ll visit us again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location. It has a beautiful lobby and nice bar. the rooms are nice, nothing special and the service is outstanding. The rate is competitive with other major chains. I would definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear BillyBiii,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share some feedback about your stay with us in August. I am so glad to hear our service and location contributed to your positive experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. Our Texas-friendly staff loves to hear their service is outstanding so I will be sure to pass on the complement. Whether for business or pleasure, we hope to see you again soon. On behalf of myself and the staff, have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I got married at this hotel 5 years ago and loved every minute of our experience there (Meredith Hill was our wedding coordinator and she is amazing!!), and this year we went back for a 3-day weekend to celebrate our 5-year anniversary. We had a gorgeous room with a balcony overlooking the hotel grounds, which are gorgeous, and Lady Bird Lake. The hotel itself is beautiful, classically decorated with some Texas inspiration and a few modern twists. The service at the hotel was excellent as always and we definitely felt like we received special attention for our anniversary. We enjoyed glasses of champagne while sitting in Adirondack chairs on the hotel grounds overlooking the lake, and complimentary chocolate strawberries were sent to our room and a special dessert was prepared for us at Trio (the restaurant at the hotel) the night we went out to dinner to celebrate. Trio is one of my favorite restaurants in Austin, as the food is always excellent and you have the option to sit outside on the terrace overlooking the grounds and the lake. They even provide a special gluten free menu for gluten intolerant guests, which was amazing. The Sunday brunch is incredible. All in all we had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay at the hotel, we felt very pampered, and we can't wait to do it all over again. Even though we were in the middle of downtown Austin, we felt like we had been whisked away to a luxury waterfront resort. It was the perfect three-day getaway.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the extra $20 a night to get a room with a balcony overlooking the lake. It is wel...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TJ,

Firstly, congratulations on your 5-year anniversary! How wonderful to hear you choose to spend it with us again at the Four Seasons Austin, I’m so happy we helped make your trip back a memorable one. Guests that exchanged vows at our property are very special to us, so I’m not surprised to learn you received little treats and touches throughout your stay. In truth, sitting in the Adirondack chair on the lawn overlooking the lake is one of personal favorite spots on property; I’m glad to hear you got a chance to visit it yourself. I’m delighted you enjoyed the gluten-free menu in TRIO; it is fairly news so I will be sure to relay your positive feedback to the kitchen. Writing reviews takes time and energy so I truly appreciate you sharing your weekend experience with us. Congratulations again and hopefully we’ll see you before year ten!

Rob Hagelberg

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Austin? Share your experiences!