“Clean and nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center

You added Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #76 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Colbert, WA
“Clean and nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I spent four nights during the summer storms of July. Clean, nice facility; very friendly staff always looking to help its guests; very convenient to the Sixth Street action and most of the downtown restaurants. The Sixth Street area always has something going on, even in the morning. From my room window, I did get to watch an arrest of a runner into a construction site followed by four of Austin's finest, the handcuffs and etc.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear ColbertGD,

I am happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon…safe travels.

Blake Doran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Murrieta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and the restaurant and lounge on the 18th floor had a fantastic view of the city. i would stay there any time I am in Austin. Very central to downtown and the action of 6th street.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear cfinnie,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you had the opportunity to experience 18 Over Austin with a view! I will be sure to share your comments with our team. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.

Best Regards,

Kaiserslautern
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

So, I stayed here for 6 nights and I have to say that I really enjoyed my stay. The staff went out of their way to be very helpful. The property was always clean and the rooms were 'roomy'. Nice amenities like good soap and shampoo. Ironing board and iron. Keurig coffee maker. Free wired and wireless internet.
The bar/restaurant on the 18th floor offers a great view. I got breakfast included in my room rate and it was good and fresh. Eggs cooked to order. Ate dinner there a couple times and was never disappointed.
The hotel is right by the convention center and all the live music joints that Austin is famous for.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Ozeroc,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our team was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with them. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.

Best Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

In the past decade, I have spent dozens of nights at the Hilton Garden Inn. About 2 1/2 years ago, my stay was so disappointing that I began staying elsewhere. Recently, I needed two rooms in Austin for three nights and the only hotel with the availability and price point for me was this one. I booked with low expectations. I am delighted to report that my experience was EXCELLENT! Each and every staff member went above and beyond to accommodate me and my team. Yes, the valet parking is high, but it is only $3 higher than self-parking at comparable properties. It was worth it to me as the valet staff took great care of me in that they retrieved my car quickly as needed and helped me with several other things including taking my bags up to my room. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There is a Keurig coffee maker and the housekeeping staff was happy to bring me extra coffee cups when I had to stay up late working. Check-in was a breeze (with the lovely treat of cookie bars and fresh fruit flavored water in the lobby) and though I checked out on a very busy Friday, I was given a late check-out to accommodate my meeting schedule. This made my very challenging day so much better. We were given breakfast vouchers which we used two of the mornings and we were pleased - LOTS of wonderful fresh fruit, an omelet bar, and excellent bacon. The restaurant/bar has a nice view on the 18th floor. The pool is clean. While I was disappointed that there is no longer a hot tub (that section is just part of the pool now), the general manager told me that in the upcoming remodel/renovation, the pool will be converted to, from the GMs description, what sounds like a grotto - heated! Overall, I am so pleased with the improvement in this hotel since my last visit. My stay was better than any stay I had there in the past. I appreciate the staff and especially management's personal attention. I will be staying again soon and really look forward to staying for a week next summer after the renovation. Thank you, Kathy Bailey Partin

Room Tip: This hotel can be loud on weekends. Be sure to alert staff if you are staying on Friday or Saturday...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Kathy P!

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found your experience and stay to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the not too distant future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Parking is $30 per day and you basically have no other choice for overnight parking. The check in process was quick and the staff were friendly. Room was standard and clean. Icy cold air conditioning in July was wonderful! The hot tub was broken and there were no vending machines. I had to buy $6 bottles of water from the front desk. Given the choice we will not stay here again just because all the little added costs that are usually included at other hotels. The location and short walk to 6th street was the best part of staying here. We will be back to visit Austin again next year but will be staying somewhere else .

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Brownbaile,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found our staff and service to be excellent. In regards to the hot tub being broken, we do not have a hot tub. We have a pool only and I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations with our pool. Thanks again for your kind words and we really hope to see you the next time you are in the area - would we love to be at your service!

Always at your service,

Katy, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is standard, nothing special. It is very close to downtown and 5mins walk from 6th Street. Rooms are clean. Breakfast is extra $12.95 for buffet. Valet parking is offered at $30. We were able to leave our bags once we had checked out to do more exploring. Service was excellent. A great choice for exploring all that downtown has to offer.The Capitol is only a 10min walk. The hike/bike trail is also only a 10min walk.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Louthowell!

I am happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found our location, amenities, and service of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.

St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Right at the east end of 6th street, so this is a good option for access to the busiest bars. Also within walking distance to the quieter end of 6th, and the better downtown restaurants. Hotel was clean & relatively quiet. Service was good. Pricing was reasonable considering the location.

Room Tip: We had a higher floor with a view of the capital, which was nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear midwestishome,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found our location and amenities to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the not too distant future.

Blake Doran

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center? Share your experiences!