“So pleasantly surprised!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center

You added Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 N Interstate 35, Austin, TX 78701   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
VIP Parking Package
Ranked #84 of 194 Hotels in Austin
“So pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

In the past decade, I have spent dozens of nights at the Hilton Garden Inn. About 2 1/2 years ago, my stay was so disappointing that I began staying elsewhere. Recently, I needed two rooms in Austin for three nights and the only hotel with the availability and price point for me was this one. I booked with low expectations. I am delighted to report that my experience was EXCELLENT! Each and every staff member went above and beyond to accommodate me and my team. Yes, the valet parking is high, but it is only $3 higher than self-parking at comparable properties. It was worth it to me as the valet staff took great care of me in that they retrieved my car quickly as needed and helped me with several other things including taking my bags up to my room. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There is a Keurig coffee maker and the housekeeping staff was happy to bring me extra coffee cups when I had to stay up late working. Check-in was a breeze (with the lovely treat of cookie bars and fresh fruit flavored water in the lobby) and though I checked out on a very busy Friday, I was given a late check-out to accommodate my meeting schedule. This made my very challenging day so much better. We were given breakfast vouchers which we used two of the mornings and we were pleased - LOTS of wonderful fresh fruit, an omelet bar, and excellent bacon. The restaurant/bar has a nice view on the 18th floor. The pool is clean. While I was disappointed that there is no longer a hot tub (that section is just part of the pool now), the general manager told me that in the upcoming remodel/renovation, the pool will be converted to, from the GMs description, what sounds like a grotto - heated! Overall, I am so pleased with the improvement in this hotel since my last visit. My stay was better than any stay I had there in the past. I appreciate the staff and especially management's personal attention. I will be staying again soon and really look forward to staying for a week next summer after the renovation. Thank you, Kathy Bailey Partin

Room Tip: This hotel can be loud on weekends. Be sure to alert staff if you are staying on Friday or Saturday...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kathy P
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Kathy P!

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found your experience and stay to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the not too distant future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Parking is $30 per day and you basically have no other choice for overnight parking. The check in process was quick and the staff were friendly. Room was standard and clean. Icy cold air conditioning in July was wonderful! The hot tub was broken and there were no vending machines. I had to buy $6 bottles of water from the front desk. Given the choice we will not stay here again just because all the little added costs that are usually included at other hotels. The location and short walk to 6th street was the best part of staying here. We will be back to visit Austin again next year but will be staying somewhere else .

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Brownbaile,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found our staff and service to be excellent. In regards to the hot tub being broken, we do not have a hot tub. We have a pool only and I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations with our pool. Thanks again for your kind words and we really hope to see you the next time you are in the area - would we love to be at your service!

Always at your service,

Katy, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is standard, nothing special. It is very close to downtown and 5mins walk from 6th Street. Rooms are clean. Breakfast is extra $12.95 for buffet. Valet parking is offered at $30. We were able to leave our bags once we had checked out to do more exploring. Service was excellent. A great choice for exploring all that downtown has to offer.The Capitol is only a 10min walk. The hike/bike trail is also only a 10min walk.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Louthowell!

I am happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found our location, amenities, and service of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.

St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Right at the east end of 6th street, so this is a good option for access to the busiest bars. Also within walking distance to the quieter end of 6th, and the better downtown restaurants. Hotel was clean & relatively quiet. Service was good. Pricing was reasonable considering the location.

Room Tip: We had a higher floor with a view of the capital, which was nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear midwestishome,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found our location and amenities to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the not too distant future.

Houston, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Check-in was great! I was asked about my preference of noise level and sun rising in the morning. I really enjoyed the friendly staff and the water offered in the lobby. My ONLY complaint, the room was very very humid and muggy. It made the floor appear damp/sticky and I did not have a functioning microwave

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Jessica S,

I am happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. I will personally address the temperature control in the guest room you stayed in to ensure this is resolved. Hope to see you return soon…safe travels.

Dallas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel is overpriced, the food is bad and the rooms are old. The staff was good. The hotel is convenient but that is about it. This hotel needs a complete makeover and not consistent with other Hilton Garden Inns. I felt like I needed to show because the carpet was dirty.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Mark T,

We are truly sorry that your experience was not to your satisfaction and that the condition of our hotel appeared to be dated. We do appreciate your wonderful comments about our excellent staff and we will continue to improve our products and services for you and all future guest to ensure your experience is outstanding! Have a wonderful 4th of July Holiday and we do hope to see you return soon.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The hotel staff was very courteous and although the valet is pricey, it is well worth the added cost considering the downtown location. Our room came with a view of the downtown area and a Pedicab (Cycle Rickshaw) was available in the valet area, which turned out to be a fun ride to various downtown locations including 6th street.

Room Tip: Located along side of Interstate 35, but surprisingly the highway noise was minimal.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear papi_latino,

I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to se you return soon.....safe travels.