“Austin Southpark falls short of luxury” 3 of 5 stars

Omni Austin at South Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4140 Governors Row, Austin, TX 78744 (South Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #38 of 191 Hotels in Austin
DFW
“Austin Southpark falls short of luxury”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

In comparison to the Omni Houston Hotel, this Omni falls short. It's nice but not as luxurious as the Omni Houston Hotel. Don't mind it if I can get a rate below $150 for the Austin Southpark, but when paying upwards of $200/night, I expect more. The entire hotel looks and feels tired - in need of major remodel, including replacement of mattresses and furniture. Our bed sagged badly and was not very comfortable. The lobby, elevator and hallways had the "pool" smell. It was a good thing that we didn't spend much time at hotel. Everything is pricey there (bar and restaurant) but quality is subpar for a luxury hotel. Our SUV was full of bird crap by the time we left. It was a good thing the monsoon hit and washed the crap away; otherwise, I would have taken our SUV to a car wash before leaving.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
D/FW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Needed a last minute hotel on a Friday (Memorial Day weekend). All decent priced hotels were booked. Got room and pretty good price. This hotel as a ton of amenities and location was ok. My only gripe was that it is a little dated - clean but dated. Bed and number of pillows made my sleep heavenly. Arrived late that night and left early next morning.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Garland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I really enjoyed staying at the Omni Southpark. It was a GREAT experience compared to staying at the hotels off of 35 in Austin. We were not too far from anything especially restaurants. I am so glad my conference group selected the Omni.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Good hotel with all the basics needed for a comfortable stay. Located at the intersection of two main highways you definitely need a car to move around the city. Parking is free.
Breakfast is very good and staff very helpful.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Clean, airport shuttle, nice beds, good food and Starbucks....

Visit the spa while you are there. Staff was polite and attentive. Rates are a little high but overall all good.

This was my second visit.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Fort Worth, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Hotel was nice and had lovely ammentities, such as indoor/outdoor pool, hot tub, sauna, and fitness room. However, the lodging is expensive and this hotel does not hesitate to charge for things that should be complimentary. I stayed here for a conference that was held at the hotel and to my disappointment, internet is not available in the rooms unless you pay for it - $14.95 per day!The food at the Onion Creek Grille was good, but for breakfast, I had to pay $18 (and I left a tip in addition for the server). The in room refrigerator was locked and you had to request an additional one to actually use. The rooms were not big enough/nice enough to pay the $219 a night. In the future, I will stay next door at the Homewood Suites - which are much better accomodations for the price!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The room was dark, dirty, dingy, aged, and just seemed old. The funny thing is that the front desk said the hotel was recently remodeled (about a year ago). We had high hopes because the hotel was an Omni, but it was awful.

We were in an upgraded room with a balcony, and then we requested another room in hopes that the sad room was just a one off deal. The hotel manager told us to wait, so we did. After an hour sitting by the phone (our day was already being wasted away) we decided to go to the front desk. At this point, we were done so we just told them to cancel our reservations. We left and went to another hotel that took care of us.

Bonus mess up, the $194 hotel charges are still on my account two days later. I asked for a manager to contact me after we left, but that was two days ago.

We have stayed at other Omni Hotels and have received great service and accommodations. But the Omni at South Park was lacking on all fronts. I am still waiting for someone from the hotel to contact me.

P.S. - I just remembered that when we left the room, the door lock did not even work. From the outside, I was able to turn the handle and have access to the room. Wow. That one shocked me. I told a maintenance guy and the front desk. I hope the hotel fixes that one.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. It is out of the city. This is a budget hotel with the Omni name.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
April Z, Manager at Omni Austin at South Park, responded to this review, 2 days ago
I am so sorry we fell short of your expectations in any way. Please contact me so we can discuss further. azuniga@omnihotels.com

Been to Omni Austin at South Park? Share your experiences!