“Great place, just hope they finished with renovations” 3 of 5 stars

Omni Austin at South Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4140 Governors Row, Austin, TX 78744 (South Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #15 of 183 hotels in Austin
“Great place, just hope they finished with renovations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Booked stay through another site. Place was priced pretty good for such a hotel so I booked it. I had booked a one bedroom room, but instead got a studio once I got there. Complained to management and they said they were not responsible for 2nd party reservations, said I should have booked through omni site. To make up for it, management gave me breakfast vouchers for 3. Each voucher was worth 15 bucks. Left hotel in an ok mood.Would stay here again if I reserved via omni website.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Midland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We first stayed at Omni Southpark when our son attended St. Edward's University. This hotel became our preferred hotel in south Austin. Staff are attentive and friendly, always greeting us as we enter. Online check in is an added convenience. Omni offers great rates for Austin hotels. Rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. Recent renovations enhanced our stays. Our grandson enjoys the pool. Parking is free and plentiful.

Room Tip: Upper floor away from elevators and vending.
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was the most family- friendly hotel we've stayed in. My husband and I were constantly amazed by the different ways the staff made our stay great; especially Randy (though everyone was helpful). There were kid activities on the weekend. They were constantly offering our kids free juice boxes so they wouldn't get dehydrated in that crazy heat. By no means was the hotel overrun by little people, but the facilities were accommodating for grown up crowds and children. So I think we would have enjoyed it even without kids. We got tons of use out of the pool, gym, jacuzzi and gazebos, all of which were very nice, especially compared to other hotels. And to top it all off we had an inexpensive nightly rate for our family reunion. The only thing that could have made it better would have been picking it up and plopping it down somewhere more walkable. But thankfully it was a short ride to the places we wanted to go. I highly recommend it.

Stayed July 2014
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I know, strange title! I drove with my daughter to Austin when she moved there to attend school and made a reservation in advance at the Omni Hotel. After 900 miles in the car, we were exhausted and ready to relax but it turns out I had made the reservation for the wrong day!! (we were there on a Saturday night but I'd made the reservation for Sunday night, DOH!) I'd never made that mistake before but I did this time and it was awful because the Omni was sold out for the night. To make it worse, I had prepaid for the room via Travelocity. John, the front desk agent, was sympathetic and went about finding us another hotel to stay. He called them in advance to be sure we would have a room, then gave me excellent directions. John also told me to call Travelocity after I checked into the other hotel and explain the situation. Apparently, Travelocity would then call the Omni to confirm my story and see if the Omni would agree to refund my money. John assured me he personally take the Travelocity call and assured me there would be no problem with my refund. And he did exactly that! We checked into the other hotel (which was lovely but will remain nameless in this review) and they knew right away that John had called for us. And Travelocity confirmed that John had authorized the refund to my credit card for the Omni room.

This is service at its finest, to go the extra mile for someone who's not even a hotel guest. My daughter will be in Austin for quite a while and I plan to visit her many times and will only stay at the Omni Austin at South Park going forward (and I'll get my reservations right, too!).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Texas
1,329 helpful votes 1,329 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Over the years I have stayed at this property on a number of occasions. On my most recent visit my wife and I were in Austin on business, and the Omni Southpark was conveniently located. The rooms are fairly large and well maintained. The hotel has a very good restaurant and a friendly lobby bar. I have never been disappointed when staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

One of my best hotel experiences ever...started with the free airport shuttle and super friendly driver, who gave us several tips for things to do in the Austin area. Also, she gave our kids juice boxes and activity bags which were a life saver after a long trip. The first night, they even brought us milk and cookies for the kids. Rooms were large and clean. The pool was also fantastic (only complaint is that it was closed our last day for cleaning without any notice).

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Good price as part of a convention package. Not many restaurants near by. Excellent staff. Pool is pretty cool. Kid friendly. Bathroom could have been cleaner but rest of room was fine. Very accommodating staff.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to Omni Austin at South Park? Share your experiences!