“A great time!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Austin Spa Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Austin
Lake Austin Spa Resort
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Austin, TX
“A great time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2007

I'm a guest at the Spa at the Lake about every two months. I always have a great experience every time I go! The grounds are well maintained, the facilities are clean and well stocked, and the aestheticians are top notch. Just a few things I would improve to give it an "excellent" rating:

1. The menu at the spa cafe is very tired and plain. I understand that it's "spa food" but it could be greatly improved with more varied ingredients and flavors, herbs, etc. I've been going to this spa for about two years and during that time the menu has changed VERY little.
2. The treatment rooms are starting to look a little tired. The walls could use some paint, some of the cabinets are chipped, etc.
3. The audio system in the spa sometimes doesn't work well, and the music is either too quiet or too loud.
4. The staff in the spa store sometimes are just a bit rude and unhelpful.
5. Sometimes the spa gets very booked with wedding parties, sorority parties, office parties, and the like, and the guests are very loud. I wish it was made a bit more clear that while at the spa quiet voices (or no voices at all) are the norm and are appreciated.

I have never had trouble making reservations - everyone is always very professional and treats me very well each visit. I visit spas all around the country and this one is one of my favorites. There are several water facilities: an outdoor pool and spa, an indoor spa with a steam room and sauna, and a lap pool in a large outdoor barn. There are many nice places to curl up with a book and relax, with water and fruit and towels always in handy and convenient locations. They definitely make an effort to make you feel cared for. On the whole I recommend the Spa at the Lake!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

I do agree with the other reviews that it is overpriced, but if you are already going you have to get Connie S. If you're thinking about going, it would be worth it for her! It was by far the best facial I have ever had! She was absolutely incredible. Seriously, go and see what I mean and then someone rich please give her a business loan to open up her own spa and then email me!

• Liked — Relaxing
  • Disliked — Over priced
  • Stayed January 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2007

Be very careful when making a reservation by phone at the Lake Austin Spa. When I called last June I was told that if I had to cancel my reservation for any reason before a certain date, my account would be credited with the amount of my deposit ($500). I interpreted that to mean my credit card account would receive the credit. When I did have to cancel due to a failure to find a flight to Austin, I was informed that the deposit would be put on my account at the Spa. Of course, I objected and asked to hear the recorded conversation I had with the reservationist. To make a very long story short, I finally was given the audio via e-mail rougly two weeks ago. I had to make repeated requests for the audio over the course of nine months and threaten to go the Better Business Bureau before I received a response. After this example of their customer service, I have NO interest in ever going to this spa despite the loss of $500.

Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2006

Warning!!

Do not buy Lake Austin Spa's Gift Certificates.
They do not honor them after a year. It is a bad policy.

Stayed November 2006
Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2006

My sister and I have been all over the country trying to find the perfect spa getaway and we found it! The facilities are clean,
comfortable and welcoming. There are such a variety of spa treatments to choose from that was the hardest part!
The staff in every area was amazing. This is a perfect getaway for a group of us or even alone. Best kept secret in Texas!

• Liked — Staff and Spa
  • Tips/Secrets — The Lady Bird suite is Great!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago suburb
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2006

My husband and I just returned from a 5 day, 4 night stay. (Aug. 5 - 9) Overall, it was a relaxing vacation - we never left the property so all we did was eat (the food was a highlight - very fresh, very tasty), workout (the variety of classes was nice) and go to the spa (nice facilities, clean and neat). The only drawback was the high price. We felt that it was very expensive - the room was nice, but nothing special. While the spa was nice, it was also very expensive. My husband also commented that it would be better for a girls getaway rather than a romantic couples' escape - I think the atmosphere and the decor gave him this feeling. Overall, we felt that we could have eaten well, done similar activities and stayed at a comparable property for a lot less money.

Norwalk, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2006

Just came back from a 5 day stay at the Lake Austin Spa, and it was terrific. The location is beautiful, and the spa treatments are great. I am in the hospitality industry, so I can be very picky when it comes to hotel rooms, hotel service, etc. I can honestly say that the service here was top notch, and the rooms and spa were well maintained and spotlessly clean. We had a garden room which had two queen beds, lovely terracotta tile floors and a two sink bathroom with plenty of room for all of the toiletries and makeup that two women could bring with them. The food was also great. Some have commented that the portions are small, and this is true if you compare them to the supersize plates that we in the US are used to.
We spoke to a number of people who had been to Canyon Ranch, and many preferred Lake Austin for its more personalized attention. I would definitely return here!!!

Stayed May 2006

Been to Lake Austin Spa Resort? Share your experiences!