I'm a guest at the Spa at the Lake about every two months. I always have a great experience every time I go! The grounds are well maintained, the facilities are clean and well stocked, and the aestheticians are top notch. Just a few things I would improve to give it an "excellent" rating:
1. The menu at the spa cafe is very tired and plain. I understand that it's "spa food" but it could be greatly improved with more varied ingredients and flavors, herbs, etc. I've been going to this spa for about two years and during that time the menu has changed VERY little.
2. The treatment rooms are starting to look a little tired. The walls could use some paint, some of the cabinets are chipped, etc.
3. The audio system in the spa sometimes doesn't work well, and the music is either too quiet or too loud.
4. The staff in the spa store sometimes are just a bit rude and unhelpful.
5. Sometimes the spa gets very booked with wedding parties, sorority parties, office parties, and the like, and the guests are very loud. I wish it was made a bit more clear that while at the spa quiet voices (or no voices at all) are the norm and are appreciated.
I have never had trouble making reservations - everyone is always very professional and treats me very well each visit. I visit spas all around the country and this one is one of my favorites. There are several water facilities: an outdoor pool and spa, an indoor spa with a steam room and sauna, and a lap pool in a large outdoor barn. There are many nice places to curl up with a book and relax, with water and fruit and towels always in handy and convenient locations. They definitely make an effort to make you feel cared for. On the whole I recommend the Spa at the Lake!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Austin Spa Resort was recently named the #1 Destination Spa in North America by Conde Nast Traveler! Hidden along the shores of scenic Lake Austin in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, the resort offers all-inclusive packages with casually elegant accommodations, three gourmet meals daily, unlimited activities and spa services. The resort is truly an exquisite escape into natural beauty and personal discovery. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lake Austin Hotel Austin
- Lake Hotel Austin