“Lake Austin Spa Resort is great Destination Spa” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Austin Spa Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Austin
Lake Austin Spa Resort
You added Lake Austin Spa Resort to your Saves list
1705 S Quinlan Park Rd, Austin, TX 78732   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Lake Austin Spa Resort is great Destination Spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2006

My husband and I recently stayed at Lake Austin Spa and had a wonderful time. This is a great destination spa. I have stayed at Canyon Ranch Tucson, Miraval, Sonoma Mission Inn and Ojai Valley Inn and Spa before and I would rank them in this order:

1 - Miraval/Canyon Ranch (tie for first)
2- Lake Austin is a very close second and much more bang for the buck
3 - Ojai
4 - Sonoma

Lake Austin was definitely less expensive than Miraval or Canyon ranch and just missed being the same league by only a hair. This is quite impressive given the place has been totally renovated and upgraded over the last 3 years. One of the guest we met said that the placed used to be, and I quote, "a dump." Well, it's not a dump now. It is actually a great place to go for top notch service and services in a great spa setting.

The fitness classes and lectures were great. The brand new spa was beautiful. The service was impressive. All the staff was so helpful and friendly. The food was amazing!

If you are a guy, though, know that there are not many male guests here. Very different from Canyon Ranch or Miraval. There is a definite female feel to this place. Great place for the girls to get away together.

• Stayed January 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2005

Just returned home from Lake Austin Spa today!!!
Best spa facility and treatments we've had in years.
What a great 4 nights me and the lovely wife just experienced. She wanted to go to Lake Austin Spa Resort last year for our 4 year anniversary but we choose another location and were disapointed with the experience. So this year for the 5 year anniversary we decided to try Lake Austin Spa this year; that turned out to be a FANTASTIC decision.

We actually were only planning on spending 3 nights but they were offering a speical with a free night so we jumped on that. EVERYTHING was WONDERFUL- the staff go above and beyond to accomidate. My wife needed a refrigerator in the room for her medication- they had a fridge brought up with-in the hour. It's not everday that you recieve service like that so I just wanted to thank Lake Austin Spa for that. My wife and I are both spreading the word. If you are going to a spa....seriously consider Lake Austin Spa Resort.

• Stayed November 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2005

I stayed for three days at Lake Austin Spa in June, 2004. The location is lovely. The lake and the adjacent hills are picturesque. It's small and quiet. There are lots of activities run by a very personable staff. But guests can just relax if they like. The spa facilities and services are first rate. The food is good as well as healthy (although portions are small--the room service menu is more hearty). My room was terrific. Rustic, homey decor. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful. They allowed me to check in hours early on my arrival so that I'd have more time to enjoy the facilities.
I hope to go back again--when I can spare the cash. The rates are high, as almost every guest I spoke to commented.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2004

I visited Lake Austin in October. I read the reviews on this site before I went, so I was a bit apprehensive about making the trip. However, I am happy that I did not take the reviews too much to heart. I really had a great time. Lake Austin is like a cozy home away from home. The resort is not large, so you do not feel as if you would get lost in the crowd. The size was just right for me. The accomodations were comfortable, the setting was serene, the food and spa treatments were excellent. I felt as if I was the only person that mattered at any time. The pampering was great.

Although they were well attended, I had no problem signing up for classes. I also was surprised at the variety of activities that such a small place could offer. The staff was very professional and courteous. I could choose to be alone if I wished, but it was great meeting new people over dinner at the friendship table.

Overall, I would do this trip again. Sure, it could be less expensive, but after comparing packages at other places, I think Lake Austin was a comparable deal. I have no regrets!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2004

Please take note...Lake Austin Spa is a beautiful, quaint and quiet place to go for pampering and relaxation. However, for the price it is neither outstanding nor extaordinaryl.

Also because they have a mandatory three night minimum and rooms are billed per person, you actually have very little price flexibility in building a suitable package. Even for double occupancy, you are billed PER PERSON for the room (that means billed twice for the same room and the total was over $3,000).

The Spa itself is lovely, but a spa is a spa is a spa....if you can't stay away, then you do better staying somewhere else and going for the day...you get the same "extraordinary" service!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2004

I agree with the other reviewer. The setting was nice, and the food was very, very good, but it was not what you'd expect for the price. The facilities, and guest rooms seemed outdated, and small (including the weight and exercise rooms). And, it was difficult to get into classes at more popular times. In fact, we signed up for a yoga class the night before, but were unable to get in. The service was not bad, but not what you'd get at a similarly priced hotel, or resort. I did enjoy the spa treatments, but if I returned, I would return for the treatments and stay somewhere else. Don't get me wrong -- we had a very relaxing weekend here, and enjoyed ourselves. It's just too expensive for what it is.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2004

My wife and I recently visited the Lake Austin Spa Resort. It is a beautiful spa with top notch facilities including the newly-opened Lake House Spa. The facilities and setting are really the star attractions. The spa treatments are fine but nothing out of the ordinary for a spa of this type and the staff, both at the spa and throughout the resort,did not impress us. For the prices they charge, we expect seamless, sophisticated service, not college kids and flaky locals. The food and accomodations were very good and the setting borders on the spectacular. Guests not familiar with Austin should know however that Lake Austin, while technically a lake because it is dammed at each end, is really a stretch of the Colorado River and looks like a river rather than what most people would think of as a lake. In the late fall, winter, and early spring this stretch of the lake is generally quiet but during the warmer months (May-September) the lake is very popular with motor boaters and water skiiers and the noise that accompanies them. The lake is also lowered for several weeks during the winter (mid-January-February) in an attempt to kill some of the hydrilla weeds that have been an increasing problem so the property is not nearly as appealing during this time. Overall, the resort has a lot going for it but I don't think it merits the accolades it seems to have received in the travel magazines (they must have a good PR company) and certainly doesn't merit the exorbitant rates. I'd like to see the resort offer some reasonably discounted packages or deals but perhaps they don't feel the need to do so. Until then, we won't be back.

Been to Lake Austin Spa Resort? Share your experiences!