“Third Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Austin Spa Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Austin
You added Lake Austin Spa Resort to your Saves list
1705 S Quinlan Park Rd, Austin, TX 78732   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Jersey
“Third Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I don't wish to repeat the accolades I expressed in past reviews. Again, my friends and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. So relaxing, plenty of choices of activities: hikes, yoga, food demos, etc, plus of course, the spa.

I am a picky eater but there were always things on the menu that I could/would eat...and enjoy.

Suffice it to say that we had to travel from the east coast to stay here (not always easy trips!) and we have done this 3 times!

Room Tip: I liked the rooms closer to the spa (lake view) than the ones across from the garden. Simply person...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came back for another visit to the spa. My room (36) was recently remodeled. The bed was so comfortable! As usual, the dining experience was perfect. Rudy and Stephanne took care of my sister's dietary restrictions so that she never felt deprived. Susan still gives the best facial for aging skin and ask for Janet and the "little drops" massage. We enjoyed the wine tasting - thanks Tom! Got some new recipes to try. I love this place. It's so hard to leave! Better than ever.

Room Tip: Go for the Lake view rooms. Mine was #36
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
lakeaustinspa, General Manager at Lake Austin Spa Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear corky9108,

We love the title of your review! We couldn't have said it better and we're happy you enjoyed a little Nirvana on your recent visit. We're excited you were able to experience our new Luxury Lakeview rooms and we will pass on your kind complements to our staff.

Come back soon!

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It started out with the reservation agents , I had called on two different times and both agents were not friendly and did not seem to know their own pricing on the website or room types and location. So I did not get the room I wanted or the location. Most rooms look over the parking lot! unless you book Luxury Lake View. I wanted a wellness retreat, I stayed 4 night in premier room with two queen beds looking at the loft building , so no view. This is the room others have called Grannie rooms, but its is a wonderful room and I loved it! huge bath rooms! lots of storage! Amazing beds! loved the terracotta floors! This room decor fits the location. I would of like to have slipper in the room not just the hard flip flops you were up and down the rocky trail to the spa. Please note no matter which room you pick all rooms are along the walking path so no privacy and if you want to have your front blinds open everyone can look in! So I had mine closed and it was very dark inside. My main problem is I wanted Organic and the bath product are not and most of the food is not. The don't even use organic dairy products! This is not a Healthy retreat but more of a luxury retreat. Yes they do have calorie on the menu but not what your eating! No calories on the dessert and they won't tell you. I was a solo traveler and it did feel strange eating alone, no one ever ate at the friendship table. The spa was wonderful , loved the Healing treatments! Did not care for the dark yoga room needs a redo! A lot of the fitness instructors were not very friendly. They don't seem to clean the mats and pads, they smelled! Over all I would go back .

Room Tip: book number 27-40 Green cat, Luxury LakeView
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
lakeaustinspa, General Manager at Lake Austin Spa Resort, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear seenewthings,

We apologize that your experience was not what you were expecting, but we’re happy to hear that you would come back for a repeat visit. We will share your comments with our team and to address of few of your items, it is true that we are not 100% organic. We buy organic where possible and source many ingredients locally and from our own organic gardens. And, I’m surprised to hear your comment on the reservations staff - we have a very seasoned staff who are well versed in the room types and pricing. And we do clean the mats and pads that are used in our fitness classes. We take pride in making sure our guests are using the best equipment and have the best experience and would like to discuss your comments personally with you. I can be reached directly at cbird@lakeaustin.com or by calling 512-372-7388.

omaha, ne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

I talked my husband to going with me to lake austin resort--having been their before i knew he would enjoy the atmosphere and the peacefulness of Lake Austin. It didn't disappoint -he enjoyed his solitude and i enjoyed the classes-the walk-the spa--i could go on and on--we had a lake view room and it was perfect. Can't say enough about the people who work their and their helpfulness and friendliness and willingness to do whatever they could do to make your stay better. I can't wait to go back

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
lakeaustinspa, General Manager at Lake Austin Spa Resort, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear libbie5,

We love hearing stories like this and are thrilled you decided to share Lake Austin Spa Resort with your husband. I'm happy you found our staff to be so accommodating - we do everything we can to ensure your comfort and happiness while you are our guest and we appreciate you mentioning this in your review. We can't wait for your return visit too!

Best,
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

My wife and I wanted a long weekend to relax. We had been to this Spa resort in the past, but it had been a while. The clientele is mostly women (no surprise there) but I felt very comfortable as a man.
2. The food is fantastic if you are being careful with what you eat. (Or not) Great variety and very creative appetizers and entrees. But, small portions. All calories are on the menu. Important note: I am in the process of weight loss and did fine here.
3. Activities are varied but good options for cardio including hikes, spin classes, water activities etc. Also routine cooking demos and of course spa treatments.
4. Ambiance is relaxed and comfortable. Good beds, lots of areas to sit and think, etc.
Highly recommend this place for a few days of downtime.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear DavidSHouston,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We're so happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed a "few days of downtime" and we'll be sure to pass on your comments to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Best,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

I have always wanted to go to a lake house and where better to do it than in Texas! I didn’t go to just any old lake house – I went to the exclusive Lake Austin Spa Resort, located on the outskirts of Austin. The resort offers the luxury of a world-class spa combined with the warmth of a best friend’s lake house.

Arriving at the resort was an exciting experience in itself – I was driven through the beautiful rolling hills of Texas Hill Country and the exclusive Steiner Ranch community, before reaching the resort which is nestled along the shores of the Colorado River and the scenic Lake Austin.

Lake Austin Spa Resort is probably one of the most stunning places that I have ever been to. The stress and bustle of the city is left behind – every room and space at the resort is gorgeous and almost every window you come across has a lake view. All of the staff that I met were experts at what they do, they were incredibly welcoming and helpful, but also mindful that people are there to relax and enjoy the serenity of the resort.

The resort is home to a large organic garden where more than 1,000 species of plants, herbs, vegetables, spices and wildflowers grow. The herbs are picked daily to be used both in the kitchen and in select spa treatments.

After being given a tour of the grounds of the resort, I headed over to the LakeHouse Spa for a ‘Little Drops of Rain’ Native American-inspired massage ($215 for 80 minutes or $165 for 50 minutes), which was carried out by the excellent and talented Megan. Nine essential oils were sprinkled along my spine then massaged in, with some of the oils having a natural warming effect. The oils helped to melt away tension in my back and neck, aligning energy. Following my treatment, I felt really relaxed and rejuvenated, Megan was very experienced and intuitive with her massage technique, she tailored the whole treatment to suit me perfectly.

Following my treatment, I walked over to the resort restaurant for lunch. I chose the Salmon Power Bowl Salad, which was made up of wild salmon, mixed organic raw vegetables, garbanzo beans, soy beans, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, dried berries, sprouts, organic extra virgin olive oil, flaxseed, pomegranate vinaigrette. The salad was so fresh and delicious, and lived up to head chef Stephane Beaucamp’s promise of offering ‘healthy’ meets ‘gourmet’ food.

Once lunch was over, I walked through the gardens, along the lake front and found a hammock to relax in. Soaking up the calm ambience and beautiful countryside, it was hard not to fall asleep in the sunshine!

The Lake Austin Spa Resort is special, it soothes the soul in an intimate, relaxed atmosphere featuring peaceful grounds and nature & wildlife trails. It is perfect for recharging your batteries and taking time to put life into perspective. It is a treat for anyone who goes and I hate to say it but if you don’t go – you’re missing out!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
lakeaustinspa, General Manager at Lake Austin Spa Resort, responded to this review, March 24, 2015
Dear SarahHighfield1,

Wow. We couldn't have dreamed up a more glowing review. You captured all of the highlights of a Lake Austin Spa Resort experience and we so appreciate you taking the time to write about your visit with us. We're so happy you made time for the hammocks, it's a must do when you're here. We hope to see you in Austin again soon!

Rye, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015 via mobile

Another great stay at Lake Austin. The rooms, classes, food and treatments are all first class. The environment is always laid back and Texas hospitality is on full display. And for a real treat, take the Garden Tour - this year, there were even herb-infused cocktails.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Helensn1,

We're so happy you enjoyed your return visit to Lake Austin Spa Resort. And, love to hear that you were able to join Trisha for her Garden Tour and herb infused cocktail class - she is a woman of many talents indeed. We can't wait to welcome you back to our shores soon.

Lake Austin Spa Resort

Been to Lake Austin Spa Resort? Share your experiences!