“It's all in the details” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Austin Spa Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Austin
1705 S Quinlan Park Rd, Austin, TX 78732   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
25% Bonus Weeks Available
Ranked #3 of 183 hotels in Austin
Warwick, New York
“It's all in the details”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I really liked this spa but there are certain significant details that really bothered me. Let me start with what makes this stand out as a spa. The setting is beautiful. The walking paths are lovely. The food is excellent. The indoor pool is amazing and the spa building is beautiful. We stayed in the less expensive rooms which weren't that inexpensive. The carpentry in the bathroom is amateurish in a creepy way and reminds me of a cheap motel. The floor was very dirty. The room was decorated nicely and had a lovely outdoor porch to sit on but you could not enjoy the view because of the incredibly hideous building in front of you. Here is where they really screwed up. They added this industrial pole building that looks like a warehouse and raised it so it completely blocks your view of the lake from the patios of the rooms above. It makes no sense. Inside the building is two nice classrooms and a lovely parlor but underneath it is dark, unusable, unpleasant, dead space. I can't imagine what they were thinking when they ruined their lovely resort with this monstrosity and chose not to continue the pleasant architecture of the connecting main building. I am really not that picky and I try not to be one of those nuts on tripadvisor that thinks they are traveling royalty and complain about nonsense but I was a bit disappointed in the accomodations.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Southlake, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

What a pleasure to see the river at the end of the road, and then turn left to start three relaxing days at the Lake Austin Spa Resort! Staff and programs were outstanding. Every single employee was helpful, knowledgeable and engaged. My favorite part of the experience was the pool barn. The aquatics program had two excellent instructors. There is nothing like exercising on a hot Texas day a covered pool with the scent of lavender drifting in through the open garage type doors.

Both of my massages were relaxing and rejuvenating. Don't miss the outdoor shower in the spa! The spa is well appointed with a beautiful waiting area.

Learning to read Tarot cards was a surprising and fun experience. I liked the variety of lectures and programs offered throughout the day. Paddleboards are NOT as hard as one might think.

Rooms are small, but well-appointed. The rocking chairs on each porch are a nice feature. If I had one small complaint it would be that my room was not dark enough at night. I would have liked to cover the window in the bath.

I'm looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
lakeaustinspa, Manager at Lake Austin Spa Resort, responded to this review, today
Dear Beth,
Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I have shared your comments with our staff and you made them smile. We are delighted that you took advantage of paddle-boarding and even tarot reading! We hope to see you back again soon.
Carrollton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

It was so fantastic and stress free that I would advise anyone to take advantage of a trip like this! I am back at work and have been for a week and I am still stress free. The weather was great for July, but I would think anytime of year would be great to go.

Room Tip: A lake view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Rita,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We are also delighted that we provided you a stress free experience that is lasting. We hope to see you again soon.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Exceptional. As a "Spa" it providednot only the ambiance, but the service, food quality, ALL accommodations, services and faciltiites were superior and exceeded expectations. It was not pretensious, rather extrememly comforatble physically adn mentally. Do not miss this opportunity to take care of yourself and enjoy "time" with others in a beautiful setting.

Room Tip: There are several types. Make certain to inquire about the options.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Camille,
We are delighted that you found your stay to be exceptional and hope you were able to enjoy the physical and mental balance we try to provide. Thank you for taking the time to come and visit us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This facility is serene and absolutely worth every penny. The smell from the kitchen permeated the whole dining space and smelt wonderful. I visited for an afternoon and spa time/massage and hope to go back soon. Loved it!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Nikki,
We are delighted that you spent an afternoon with us and enjoyed some serenity. We hope to see you back again soon.
Kind regards,
Robin Jones
Spa Director
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm pretty finicky when it comes to spas, being a spa junkie and massage therapist. I was in town for the weekend and in dire need of a refreshing getaway. This place is a bit of a trek, but the drive was stunning and really set the stage for the experience to come. I highly recommend Ashley and the massage: From Sweden to Tibet and Back. I literally felt like a new person afterwards, very relaxed...plus solutions to ongoing problems just popped into my head! It really cleared some stagnant energy - I've had a lot of success with energy therapy. Do not miss the outdoor shower and outdoor patio, and if possible, I'd get an outdoor massage (weather permitting). Everything was so clean and homey. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Nancy,
It really pleases us to here such positive feedback from spa regulars. We love the Sweden to Tibet massage as well and always strive to have unique treatment options. If you love energy treatments be sure to try our Intuitive Energy Session for clearing stagnant energy and awakening creativity next time you visit. We hope to see you back again soon.
Kind regards,
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Yes, it is very expensive, but it is so worth it. The rooms are lovely with very comfortable beds and nice front porch area and a lovely bath with a deep tub for soaking. The food there is beyond fantastic. Not only is it healthy and low calorie, it is delicious and innovative. Everything I tried was insanely good. There are a zillion activities to fill your time when you are not having spa treatments (I recommend the Lime Ginger pick me up with massage and the Thai massage was the best ever.) There are 3 pools--2 outdoor and one indoor for aqua classes and/or lap swimming. There are several beautiful rooms for reading and relaxing as well as hammocks by the lake and lounge chairs by the pools. We enjoyed the hydro bikes and kayaks on the lake and went on a very nice hike in a city park that we reached by boat (rustic, natural landscape with nice dirt trails.) The service is wonderful and all the staff there are super friendly and helpful. This is just a great place to kick back and relax.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,
We are delighted you were able to relax as well as enjoy the activities and take advantage of the lake. We hope we get to host you again soon.
Lake Austin Spa Resort

Been to Lake Austin Spa Resort? Share your experiences!