“Erica T's Magical Lake Austin Spa Resort Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Austin Spa Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Austin
Lake Austin Spa Resort
You added Lake Austin Spa Resort to your Saves list
1705 S Quinlan Park Rd, Austin, TX 78732   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 189 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas, United States
“Erica T's Magical Lake Austin Spa Resort Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Lake Austin Spa Resort inspired me to love myself simply because I exist. The "Power of Seven," a highly discounted, seven-day-program offered by LASR, was not only thoroughly enjoyable, truly relaxing and unbelievably rejuvenating for me, but also, allowed me to leave the resort feeling cleansed and whole again. I left LASR feeling ready and willing for any trials that life undoubtedly brings for us all! The staff is so accommodating as well as nurturing; I never felt out of place during my stay. It really was the trip of a lifetime. Furthermore, joining their 'Monarch Club' allowed me the opportunity to visit again! The Monarch Club is packed with complimentary benefits given to a member just for signing up! For free. Wow...Simply Wonderful!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I would have felt a lot better about the $3,000 I spent at Lake Austin Spa if my phone had not been stolen by their housekeeping staff. The resort's management basically blamed other guests instead of taking any responsibility at all. The Director of Guest Services was actually rude & condescending & extremely vague in dealing with the problem. I would have thought a high end place like this would do everything they could to help & satisfy a client but this was not the case. It ruined my stay since I was dealing with this issue for most of it. Don't go.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
lakeaustinspa, General Manager at Lake Austin Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Response from Management:

We are distressed to read the review posted by Ms. House and are sorry the lost phone ruined her stay. Unfortunately, Ms. House left her phone in a public restroom making the determination of the party responsible very difficult. When staff was notified that the phone was missing, the area was immediately secured and searched. A thorough investigation of the loss was conducted by senior members of our staff and Ms. House was kept appraised throughout that process. That investigation revealed no conclusive evidence regarding who was responsible nor was the phone located. At Lake Austin Spa Resort, the loss of any guests’ belongings is infrequent and is taken very seriously. I am sorry we could not produce the result that Ms. House desired, but we continue to look for her lost item.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed for four nights last month. Everything went flawlessly and in no time I was feeling de-stressed. Make sure to get a facial with Susan and have Adrianna work on your fett and hands. Didn't want to go home! The gardens are gorgeous and the staff very helpful and friendly. The food was better this vist than my last one. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: I had room 23 and it was perfectly located.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is fabulous. I had a wonderful time and there wasn't a thing about my entire stay that was less than delightful. I will be back...not meaning to sound like Arnold :). The spa services were to die for and the entire resort is gorgeous. I highly recommend it.

drgoldin90
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just returned from 4 days/3 nights at Lake Austin Spa and can't say enough good things about how fantastic it was. The grounds are lovely and well maintained. the staff is friendly, well trained and more than willing to go above and beyond. The food was good and the exercise classes were varied and run by experienced instructors. The spa building leaves no luxury behind with fluffy towels, steam, sauna and hot tub in locker room. There are even disposable razors and shaving cream near the showers. Spa treatments were exceptional. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Facility is not large and all rooms are convenient to exercise rooms, dining and spa.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

As a 40th Bday present to myself, I decided to book a stay at Lake Austin Spa Resort. I live in Austin and I had many options of what I could do with 2K I had budgeted for myself. After reading the Conde Naste review, I figured that to make it easy on myself and not have to travel, I'd just book a 3 night stay at LASR. I figured that'd be plenty to cover the cost of indulgence. They had a few special offers online for resort packages, one of which was to arrive on a sunday and book for two nights and get two nights free. I thought this sounded perfect, however, somehow that still ended up being over $2400....when I said I wanted to stay under 2K, I was offered %25 off a two night stay with a $140 spa allowance. This was to come to around $1800 which since I was running out of time to decide on what to do for my Bday, I figured I'd do it. My expectations were very high on what I expected to be treated to for that amount of money for a two night stay. Needless to say my expectations were not met and upon checking out, the final bill was $2400. The $2400 included two spa treatments which both get %20 tacked on, a $299 service charge (whatever that is), $100 in taxes and about $150 in incidentals. The remainder of the balance was for the room which included all meals and any activities I chose.
The good:
The grounds and gardens are beautiful and well kept. The hammocks were lovely.
The spa services were nice and relaxing.
There are four cats on the property, two of which were very friendly and made for good undemanding company:-)
The food was fresh and tasted good.
There are a lot of good things to say about this place, but once you put monetery value on them, they start to fade very quickly. The goods just weren't good enough for the exorbitant cost. My review in general would have been glowing at a different price.
The bad:
-Staff was fairly apathetic and no one bothered to ask about my stay or check on me during the two days I was there. I had the same server both nights on the dining room and she had a perpetual scowl and seemed very unhappy about being there.
-The rooms were nice, but nowhere near 1k a night nice! They were small and decorated in cottage chic, which is great...but not for that amount of money.
-There was a huge cockroach in my bathroom the second night there, I called down to guest services to ask if they had some sort of roach spray, to which they replied "no" and just basically left me on my own to deal with a cockroach the size of a rat. I have a major fear of them so my only way to deal with it was not sit outside of the room and go back in eventually and hope that he disappeared. I understand we're in TX, but aren't there some sort of perimeter sprays or something they could use to keep roaches out? Same night I got dive bombed in bed by some sort of noisy flying beetle....or at least that's what I told myself so as not to allow the thought of a flying cockroach to enter my thoughts.
-While the location is beautiful, don't go there thinking it will be secluded and quiet as they are right on a public lake and have speedboats, some with obnoxiously loud stereos going by for most of the daylight hours. It was esepcially bad when I arrived on sunday. Trying to relax and read a book was difficult to do when you have to listen to someone's loud boat engine and horrible music choice.
-I went to the spa on sunday afternoon to wind down in the whirpool which is in the womens locker room. The whirpool itself was pretty, but really could use some updating as there are broken grates and black tile stains in the corners. I was first put off by the choice of music being played. Some sort of country rock which was way too uptempo for a spa atmosphere...I think someone must have realized that because in the middle of a song, they turned it off, then turned on some top 40 horribleness. I'm in a spa, I don't want to hear freaking top 40 or country music, I want either silence or appropriate spa music. They finally turned the music off altogether and I got ready to relax in the whirlpool. Well, after no success in getting it turned on, I had to ask for help from one of the staff, who after doing the same thing that I did, informed me that it must be malfunctioning. Thhph. I decided to try the steam room instead. Well, that was malfunctioning as well. So much for my first night there.

I am left with a feeling of being a bit ripped off and making a bad decision about where to spend my money. Heck, I could've gone to Europe for the amount I spent. I just cannot get over how ridiculous the prices are for what you get. Granted, my expectations were high, I you are someone who doesnt care about value for your money and have plenty of it to squander, then you'll love this place. If you are a regular jane like me who works hard for your money, then my advice to you would be to enjoy the spa, but don't waste your money on the resort which is only average and IMHO wasn't worth more than $400-$500 a night. Granted, I had high expectations....but shouldn't I have for that amount of money?

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I know that this place was rated #1, so therefore, we expect it to be top of the line. Service should be impeccable in the programs as well as the spa services but that was not the case. One of my massage appointments was booked incorrectly by staff which caused problems with timing for me and the therapist. The place seemed short staffed as anytime we called activity desk it went to voice mail- no person to help. Who priced this resort? It's SO overpriced. 3 meals are included with a snack at 3pm. The breakfast and lunch def. needs to be upgraded for their buffet area. It is boring and lacks creativity. Dinner was good. Swim teacher was late for class so ppl were waiting around, not a sign of top notch club. Nutrition class was more like a medical class for students - not about nutrition but about women's heart attacks and technical stuff - not liked by several ppl who met after the class. This spa might have been better before but it is SO overpriced for the service given.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Lake Austin Spa Resort? Share your experiences!