“Best four nights (and days) ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Austin Spa Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Austin
Lake Austin Spa Resort
1705 S Quinlan Park Rd, Austin, TX 78732   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
25% Bonus Weeks Available
Ranked #6 of 183 hotels in Austin
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Best four nights (and days) ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Arrived on Sunday and left on Thursday. The staff and property are unbelievably good. I took part in exercise classes, activities and spa treatments. To say I was pampered does not even come close to the experience. The food is exceptional. New chef is very good and friendly. There is a pervasive calm and friendlyness at Lake Austin Spa that will keep me coming back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Let me just use a few adjectives to describe:
relaxing, inviting, friendly, calming, delicious, healthy, beautiful, refreshing.
Excercise classes were challenging; spa treatment were very thorough and comfortable; food - all coming from organically grown sources, including much grown in their own beautiful gardens - was soooo tasty; the water activities - paddleboarding, kayaking that I enjoyed - was such fun on this clean, clear lake.
Absolutely loved every minute at this delightful resort!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We like LAS because it is gracious, homey, elegant, relaxed....not so fancy you are hardly comfortable...It is just perfect. Meals-wonderful, ambiance, classes...rooms....services....everything! I highly recommend Lake Austin Spa. I've been there several times, and it is just as wonderful each time.

Room Tip: I like the rooms right across from the entry...easy to get to....but all are so easy to get to and s...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Franklin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just completed my 5 th visit to lake Austin spa in 4 years and it just never diminishes. Gorgeous, relaxing, comfortable, nourishing, fun, etc. the food is divine, the staff warm, friendly and knowledgable. The facilities are great, but my favorite is the grounds. They are just so beautiful. The butterflies, the flowers, the variety of plant life... All a joy. If you are a swimmer you will looooove the barn pool. 50 ft of swimming bliss with calm music and high ceilings, a truly spiritual place for a lap swimmer. It is indoor, but feels outdoor, is heated in cold weather and is one of my favorite pools in the world. Swim after dark with the pool light on, it rocks! The boat rides are fun and kayaking so peaceful. Sometimes you see turtles on the banks as well as great blue heron. The spa therapists are the best! I really could go on forever but won't. Suffice it to say that it is even better in person than it looks and sounds on the website.

Room Tip: My fave rooms overlook the garden and have a little back patio.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Amory, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We (my mother, sister, and I) took this trip as a girls get-a-way trip not knowing what to expect. It was fantastic!!! The food was excellent, spa wonderful, and you could stay as busy as you wanted with yoga, pilates, boot camp, water activities or exercise classes OR you could read a book in a hammock next to the river or chill by the pool.

Lake Austin is a small but classy resort. I would not hesitate to go back. It makes a fantastic girls get a way. There were husbands there, but I am unsure if my husband would have enjoyed it as much as I did. When the brochure says you can wear robes to the dining room they are not kidding (even though we chose not too!) Just pack workout clothes, swim suit, and casual comfy clothes and be prepared to R-E-L-A-X!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Really surprised with how absolutely beautiful this resort was. Well worth the money spent. My girlfriend had the time of her life and we can not wait to return. Absolutely loved everything about this place. I don't think I have 1 complaint. Highly recommended to anyone passing through the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I cannot say enough about this resort. I thoroughly researched destination spas within the US and it came down to two, Lake Austin and one in Tucson. I was sold on Lake Austin the minute I called to check availability and the coordinator was so friendly and helpful! That was so different from the experience I had when I had called the other resort and was placed on hold for 15 minutes and then rushed off the line. Grrrrrr! This resort is spectacular...rooms are clean, homey yet modern, and spacious. I thoroughly enjoyed sitting on my front porch at night reading (with the resident cats). I also loved my private, serene garden out back...complete with a tranquil fountain. The food was amazing (spa portions, for sure ;), classes were revitalizing, and spa treatments surpassed my expectations. Visiting in February proved to be chilly, so outdoor pools and paddleboarding were not options. The staff was so accommodating. I visited over Super Bowl weekend and being a diehard NYGiants fan, was intent on watching the game in a relaxing atmosphere. I felt like I was watching the game at home with family and friends. It truly does not get any better than this. I was so excited to become a Monarch Club member because I will be back!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Lake Austin Spa Resort? Share your experiences!