I stayed at the Austin Courtyard Central in March 2005 and found it an ok stay. Had a midweek room rate of $85 per night, which seemed reasonable. Hotel is in good shape and service was responsive. Hotel is located on the access road to southbound Interstate Highway 35, north of Austin, a little isolated from the mall or restaurants, and probably on the maximum side of comfortable walking distance from anything, producing a sense of being trapped at the hotel.
Lots of little nagging problems that diminished the enjoyment of the stay: 1) They charge $9.95 +tax for breakfast, which I've become spoiled as being included in the room rate. The breakfast included several hot items, but the charge comes out of my pocket rather than my company's, so I'm more sensitive to it. 2) The set of basic cable channels available seemed unusually limited. They did offer one HBO channel as standard, but basic mainstays like History Channel were nowhere to be seen. 3) It's a drivers' world. Ok, everyone in Texas drives everywhere, but that hardly excuses the front desk's complete ignorance about what was within walking distance of the hotel and how best to get there. On two occasions, heard front desk claim guests simply could not/should not even entertain the idea of walking to nearby restaurants visible from the hotel, not because it was unsafe (I found my own way) but because it was somehow unthinkable. Front desk seemed unaware of sidewalk existence that would get you across IH-35 only 1/5 mile up the road. Staff needs to get to know the neighborhood, where the sidewalks go, and where they don't.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Austin - University Area Hotel Austin
- Courtyard Austin - University Area Hotel
- Courtyard Austin Central
- Courtyard Austin
- Austin Marriott
- Austin Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a few miles north of downtown Austin, 6th Street, and the Texas State Capitol, Courtyard Austin University Area offers newly-renovated guestrooms, onsite cafe and outdoor pool. Our University of Texas Austin hotel is just 3 miles from the campus off Exit 238A of I-35. Modern guestrooms feature Marriott luxury bedding, flat-screen TVs and free WiFi. Guests will enjoy a reasonably-priced breakfast buffet at our cafe before heading for a dip in our outdoor pool or a workout at our 24-hour fitness center. With over 1,600 sq. ft. of event space, business meetings are easy at Courtyard Austin Univeristy Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Marriott, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard Austin - University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.