“Great place & location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Austin Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Austin
Austin Motel
You added Austin Motel to your Saves list
1220 S. Congress St., Austin, TX 78704   |
Ranked #72 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Medellin, Colombia
“Great place & location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Everything was very good. Room not clean enough to eat off the floor but good enough. The floor in fact sloped but it's not a pool table and it's old.
Staff was super friendly and helpful.
Location is great with bars and restaurants close by.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We got what we expected out of this place - it is NOT the place for you if you want a fancy-schmancy corporate hotel...which is fine by us! My wife and I stayed 2 nights here and were very happy with the experience. It is close to great restaurants, bars, and shops, and the staff is friendly. It's definitely a good spot for younger folks and couples who want to be close to the nightlife - but I'd think twice about bringing small kids here since it is definitely more of a kitchy hipster joint. It was great for us though!

My only two complaints: 1) the WiFi was spotty and pretty slow - they should beef up their network a bit; and 2) the queen bed mattress in our room should be replaced...it definitely had a crevasse in the middle that my wife and I kept rolling into. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The Austin Motel is a really cool hotel in a great location. Don't expect a luxury experience but if your looking for a fun old school trendy hotel in a great location it doesn't get any better. This hotel is in the heart of trendy SoCo with plenty of restaurants and cool shops within walking distance. We walked to the bridge to see the bats at dusk and walking into downtown isn't that far especially considering we stayed here two nights for LESS than what you would pay for one night downtown. Our seven year old daughter loved the deep water pool, we spent hours there relaxing. We have found our hotel of choice in Austin and are planing a trip back. I would recommend this place to anyone, just make sure you book early it fills up fast!

• Stayed September 2012
Clifton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My daughters and I stayed here on August 23rd. What a great little place. The staff are friendly, our room was spotless, and the pool area and landscaping is so nice. Wonderful location too, with so many shops and restaurants within walking distance.

We'll diffinately stay here again and again.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room if it's available. Such a quaint little place.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
South Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I did enjoy my stay here, the pool was great, bus stop across the road straight into town, and the room was fine. The only complaint I had was that when the air con kicked in it would wake me up! I was there for 4 nights and had to sleep with ear plugs. I had it on the lowest speed etc...
I couldn't hear other peoples air con nor did I hear any racket from the other rooms, but there were definitely people in there. So it's a great quiet place.
I would stay there again too!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Motel is in a great place
Average price for a spaces room
Good place to stay in Austin at a low prIce. Walking distance to several restaurants and food trucks.
Jo coffe house next door has excellent fresh pastries

• Stayed August 2012
Fort Meade, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Austin Motel is a small motel with swimming pool, parking at the door, funky decor, and it's located right in the heart of the South Congress District. Only a short walk to the famous food wagons, restaurants, bars, and shops. Also within walking distance of the nightly bat-watching on the S Congress bridge. Want a juicy burger, order it at the "Snack Bar" adjacent to the motel lobby. Staff was friendly and welcoming. A gentleman working in the Snack Bar happily helped me with ticket printing and hotel guests are welcome to use the PC in the restaurant. Free coffee was offered in the lobby.

There are not a lot of amenities with the room. It's good for a sleeping place, but not much for staying in, eating in, or getting work done. No microwave, no coffemaker, no mini fridge, desk, table, blowdryer, or iron. Considering that, I felt the rate was a little high, but compared to the rates at Hyatt, Marriott, etc., it's REAL reasonable. I'm not complaining about the room at all, but you should know what to expect.

It's all about location here. You are in the prime location for eating, shopping, walking and gauking. It's funky and the staff was pretty great. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: You can see the rooms online. You can decide which room, but then you must call or email to make th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Austin Motel? Share your experiences!