“Smelly room then no air” 2 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Round Rock South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Parker Dr, Austin, TX 78728   |
Ranked #81 of 183 hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas
“Smelly room then no air”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

First, let me say that I have stayed at this LaQuinta several times and that is why I came back to this hotel as there were other hotels closer to where I was going. Since I was booking a room here I called several days in advance to request a room on the 1st floor close to the north exit door because I was bringing my dog and this is very convenient for taking him outside to do his business. We were given a room on the first floor but it smelled so horrible it started aggravating my sinuses and allergies. After 45 minutes I had to go to the front desk and ask for help. Elizabeth was the Desk Clerk and she came down immediately with some air freshener and the vacuum but when she entered the room she knew that there was another problem. Evidently the room next door had a water leak and it must have affected our room next door as it had the damp, musty moldy smell, too. Elizabeth was kind enough to offer us another room but instead of 2 beds, which we requested, we had to take a King with couch as there were no other double bed rooms available. This room was nice and at least it did not stink but the a/c did not work very well, the blow dryer did not work at all, and there was no coffee pot with the coffee maker! And it was on the 4th floor, so not convenient with a pet, and smoking is allowed on opposite side of floor. I will have to re-think staying here again or at least reserve two rooms with right to cancel if first room in not satisfactory.

Room Tip: Elevator is VERY SLOW. Fourth floor on south side is for smokers so be aware of that. Avoid Rm 125...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Mexico City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed there for graduate's weekend and we had to shower the entire weekend with cold water.
They didn't even made a discount for us.
There were several things not working in our room.
I would never go back there EVER!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

First not a kid friendly hotel. Second for days they had no hot water,we were forced to shower in freezing cold water. Didn't offer to discount the price for the room that by the way is $100 a night. Only thing that was good is that it's pretty clean.

• Stayed May 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Houston, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 1 night (and a different hotel on our second night), and it was one of the worst hotel experiences I have had for the price. The night we stayed the hot water was broken for the entire hotel. The staff indicated to my parents that the plumber would come in 10 minutes to fix the situation (around 11:30 pm) and by the time we checked out the next day there still wasnt any hot water. Our room was warm and muggy. Even when we got the AC working it was still extremely wet and humid in the room so when the AC kicked off I would feel sweaty at night (this is from someone who is normally cold all the time!). The room was mostly clean besides some slight mildew stains behind the toilet. The La Quinta is also behind a shady bar/pool establishment and there were a few scary looking people hanging out in the parking lot at night. The morning breakfast selection was ok with fresh fruit, yogurt, muffins, juice, diy waffles, and bad coffee. When my parents complained to the staff again in the morning about the lack of hot water during our entire stay, they were dismissive insaying the manager MIGHT do sonething for them but wouldnt be in until 9 am. By the time we checked out at 10:30 the manager STILL wasn't in yet. What kind of hotel doesn't have management on staff all morning? The hotel we stayed at the next night was in a better location, had 10x better service and nicer rooms for only 10 dollars more per night. I will NEVER stay at another la quinta again.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Round Rock South? Share your experiences!