“Mom's 80th Birthday” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #77 of 182 hotels in Austin
Gun Barrel City, Texas, United States
“Mom's 80th Birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

1st weekend of August we spent 2 nights at this location. We had planned an 80th birthday celebration for my mom and had a number of rooms booked in my name for family members. The general manager had made arrangements for us to use the conference room and the dining area for the Saturday afternoon celebration and continue with family reunion on into Saturday evening. All of the staff was helpful, friendly, and made us feel completely welcome. We felt like we were having the party at home. Every time we asked for something they were right there to help us. They made my mom's birthday a true celebration and wonderful time for our entire family. We will stay at this location in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The accommodations were excellent in every way. It was clean, attractive, the breakfast offerings were healthy and tasty. The staff was extraordinarily friendly and helpful. The pool was very nicely maintained.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The front desk people were all very friendly and pleasant each time I passed by the desk.The TV in my room was not working properly so we were moved to another room. The rooms are roomy and we had plenty of space for my dogs crate too. Everyone we met was a dog person, and the grounds around the hotel were clean. It is nice to have a breakfast on site, maybe having some biscuits and gravy, with more fresh fruit choices would be an added bonus for breakfast. We asked directions to eating places, and the desk person gave wonderful directions, we found some good eating places close by during our stay.
We enjoyed our stay and would stay here again if we return to the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

A good stay for the money. Friendly staff, clean, fairly easy to get in & out of. Nice pool & workout equipment. Typical breakfast nook, limited choices but I liked most of what they offered & it was clean. Bed not as comfortable as some other hotels I have stayed at but not uncomfortable. Check in & out was fast & hassle free. We will try to stay here again when we visit Austin again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Texas City, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We travel with our baseball team quite often, not every LaQunita is the same. At this location, we were given a parking permit to place on the dash board even though our vehicle information was given at the time of check in. On Sunday, my son and I were ready to go to his baseball game 30 mins away, only to find our vehicle was not there, our first thought was it was "Stolen", so we went inside to report it to the desk clerk who didn't seem too concerned, stated "it was probably towed, this happens all the time". She then asked if we put the Permit (piece of construction paper) on the dash, which I didn't . So she proceeded to tell me that's why you got towed and she would try and locate our vehicle. Right then and there felt like it was a Scam and we got caught up in it. She stated they use 3 towing companies of which neither of them had my vehicle. . She had to call the police dept to locate where the vehicle was stored. They were able to give her the information, of which she called only to ask why the vehicle was towed, and said it loud enough for us at to hear that the Permit was not placed on the dash, which I had already admitted. She then let me speak with wrecker driver, who stated that the hotel is the one who gave him the list of 7 vehicles to tow and there would be a $180.00 fee to get the vehicle released, and he would be there until 12:30pm. After the conversation, I asked the clerk how we were suppose to get to the towing company, she stated "don't know what you want me to do". I explained to her what means of transportation were in the area, she said she could call a taxi. After 10 min the taxi picked us up, I called the wrecker driver, to let him know we were 5 mins away. At which time he stated "Oh I had to leave, have a car I needed to go pick up, and he would return around 1:15pm and we would just have to wait, and the time now is 12:00pm. The taxi cost me $17 for a 5 mile ride, which dropped us off, basically on the feeder road. Luckily there was a tree, my son and I sat under in this 95 degree heat. The time now is 1:30pm still no driver. My husband then called the driver and explained that he didn't feel safe with his family sitting on the side of the road, could he please get ther ASAP. The driver agreed. It is 1:45pm and the driver did call my husband back to say he was around the corner. The driver finally got there almost 2:00pm with No Car on his wrecker, imagine that. He gets out and says "what's going on?" I said what do you mean, You towed my vehicle and I was a guest of the hotel, showed him the parking permit that was in the vehicle and he stated the hotel gave him the list and that he was just doing his job. So I voiced my opinion and felt the necessary steps were not taken, before the vehicle was towed such as, (1) the Permit did not say, If this is not placed on dash your vehicle will be towed. (2) There are no Signs posted in or outside in parking lot, that say No Permit, you will be Towed, and (3) List of vehicles were not verified with the hotel guest information. So he says he felt bad and knock off the Storage fee so now it only cost me $162.50 to get our vehicle released. This was still a total Rip Off! We never made my son's baseball game due to the amount of time it took us to retrieve the vehicle. We did follow up with Customer Service on Monday and made a formal complaint and expressed our 3 points of why this should have nerver happened, of which they took statements to send to hotel. The manager did call my husband and tried to work something out. My husband explained our 3 points again and made it Clear if parking is such an issue, with Fast Eddies, and their customers parking at the hotel, then Signs should be posted in parking lot, to discourage others from parking in Lot, which also may help guest to remember to place permit on dash or even give out the permits that hang on mirror. In the hotels defense, she did state that the desk clerks didn't have time to verify the vehicle information before they give list to wrecker due to too many guest. But my husband stated that the clerk had time to walk the parking lot and write down 7 license plate numbers that night. At which time she did offer a Complimentary Room to any LaQuinta, and since I had such a bad experience at that hotel, she would comp any other nights, if we would chose to stay there again. So this past weekend, we were in Austin area again for baseball, so to give manager the benefit of the doubt, called manager, to make good on her word, took 2 days for her to return our call. Once she returned the call, she offered to comp Sat night only and we would need to send the Voucher back to her that she just put in mail to us. So needless to say, this is not what was discussed and don't feel their actions were justified; therefore, I wasn't going to Waste the voucher on this hotel, so we stayed elsewhere, this weekend. So just beware of the Construction Paper Parking Permit!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Round Rock South? Share your experiences!