“strong mold or mildew smell in room” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites NW Lakeline

You added Comfort Suites NW Lakeline to your Saves list
Comfort Suites NW Lakeline
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13681 N. US Hwy 183, Austin, TX 78750-2209 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #69 of 190 Hotels in Austin
Garwood, Texas, United States
“strong mold or mildew smell in room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was very disappointed in this hotel to say the least and even with a email from the owner about this problem being addressed and hoped that we would come back....really I spent over 100 bucks and you want me to come back and spend another 100 to see if you corrected the problem...no thanks I had my grandbaby with me.....and we both coughed most of the night I should have left lesson learned......and the lighting in the parking lot is terrible!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ANDYPATEL720, General Manager at Comfort Suites NW Lakeline, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Nancy

First of all, I would realy like to apologize for you not being happy with your stay. If you can email at AndyPatel720@gmail.com, I will be more then happy to refund your stay for you. We always look to take care of our guests and would have been more then happy to switch you rooms. I really do hope we can have the chance to serve you once again.

Andy Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Corpus Christi, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed 2 nights here last weekend for our anniversary, I wasn't expecting anything fancy, but I did expect things to be in working order. We stay our fair share at Comfort Suites, and are always satisfied. I didn't leave this hotel feeling satisfied nor happy about my husband wasting his Choice Reward points here. I would've stayed at our regular CS had I known. The first night we stayed my husband went to the front desk and asked for larger or extra pillows, she said they were on the 3rd floor and would bring them to us...after waiting several hours we got the hint, they weren't coming, we were exhausted and went to sleep. Next morning I went to do some work in the business center, and guess what...the computer doesn't work. went to the next one, that one took 10 minutes to go to google! Never got a thing done. I didn't even bother to mention it to the front desk considering the night before. The parking Lot is awkward and people coming and going at the same time either cant see each other well or is unaware of oncoming cars, cause we had two near misses entering the parking lot from cars leaving. Just overall not happy with the stay. The only thing I really enjoyed was the bed-will small pillows.
I also found a hair (not mine) in my sausage patty at breakfast!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindenhurst, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Sorry ,,getting to this revue a little late.

I liked this hotel a lot. It was very clean and modern. The suite was very nice..big in size. It would have probably have been bigger but we had a room with 2 beds instead of one king. We had no choice in rooms because we booked thru expedia/hotwire. We did ask at the front desk but unfortunately none were available. Anyway, room had a micro and a fridge and a desk etc.

The front desk person was extremely nice and welcoming. The lobby was lovely and 24 hour coffee. We enjoyed the pool and Jacuzzi. Overall we had a very pleasant stay although we were only there one night we would definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Garland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This Comfort Suites seems fairly new so the furnishings look new likewise. We have stayed here twice and have been impressed with almost every employee that we have encountered minus one (the night clerk on our latest stay). We arrived late to find 4 or 5 guys hanging out around the front entrance which was a little disconcerting. It turned out that one of them was the night clerk who was just outside for a smoke. He had to come in to check us in and didn't seem very friendly (unlike all the other employees we have dealt with here). The hotel is located on the service road on the east side of 183. There were no eateries within walking distance but I was happy to find an H.E.B about a mile away.

The Room: Everything was newish and comfortable. The bathroom was nice sized and had tiled floor and white marble like countertop. There was the usual desk with chair, flat screen TV, mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room. The room seemed very clean except the few hairs I found on the bathroom floor. The bed was very comfie.

The only thing that we DID NOT like about the room was the chair that went with the desk. it was a very nice leather chair but it had arms that prevented it from sliding up under the desk so it was awkward to work at my computer since the chair could only be as close to the desk as the arms allowed. Management needs to consider removing the arms so the chair can fit comfortably with the desk like it should. On top of that, the desk was at the end of the bed so chair stuck out and made it a little more difficult to get to the other side of the bed.

Breakfast was the standard free fare found at most hotels that offer a free breakfast, nothing to get excited about. Check-out is normally 12:00 but we are Choice Privileges members so we asked for and received a late check-out.

Anyway, all in all we really like the place and would stay again if in the area again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Shreveport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

we were greeted by a wonderful staff. The rooms were clean and quiet. The a/c in my first room was not working, so I was quickly upgraded and moved to another room. The location is perfect for getting almost anywhere in Austin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Allen, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Yes, this is a bargain priced place, so I should be a bit more forgiving of it. However, my rating is due to there being two other places within a mile in the same price range that are much nicer places to stay.

There wasn't anything horrible about this place, it just didn't feel clean The tiny cockroach that I found sharing my room didn't help any.

There is a mini fridge and microwave in each room, and WiFi and breakfast are free.

Location is nice, especially since the Alamo Drafthouse is a real easy walk (for now).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ANDYPATEL720, Owner at Comfort Suites NW Lakeline, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Shannon

First of all, let me please start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. In all honestly, we truly feel that our hotel is an extremely clean and comfortable hotel. I understand you found a bug in your room, and I am very sorry that happened. We would have loved to change your room for you if you would have let us know.

I thank you for your candid comments and promise that we will do better. I hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area. If you would like, please contact me directly and I will be more then happy to discuss how I can make this situation right.

Andy Patel, Owner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Cedar Park - Lakeline
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin NW
Staybridge Suites Austin NW

Been to Comfort Suites NW Lakeline? Share your experiences!