“Good stay north of downtown, helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites NW Lakeline

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites NW Lakeline to your Saves list
Comfort Suites NW Lakeline
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13681 N. US Hwy 183, Austin, TX 78750-2209 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #81 of 182 hotels in Austin
Orlando, Florida
“Good stay north of downtown, helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed here 5 nights for a week long trip to Austin to visit family, friends and some of the local Austin attractions. First I want to talk about the location of this property. This hotel is north of downtown Austin which, for us, was perfect. Our friends and relatives actually live north of downtown so visitng with them was easy from this location. If you are looking for something closer to downtown this is probably not the hotel for you. (although downtown was only a short 15 to 20 minute drive) This hotel was also more reasonably priced since it was a few miles from the immediate downtown area. The hotel is directly off the highway so road noise is definitely noticeable but also makes for easy access to downtown. The staff was friendly and helpful with suggestions on how to get to restaurants and other places, since Austin's highway system is confusing at first. One reason that we chose this hotel was because Expedia advertised it as having a suite set up where by there was a door seperating the bedroom from the living suite. When we arrived we learned that there were only two such rooms in the entire hotel and the one we had booked through Expedia had already been rented. The staff was very nice and apologetic, even though it wasn't really their fault They offered the other one of the "suites" which was a handicapped room; (I've learned now to be very careful when booking through Expedia). Actually the disabilities room worked out for us well, with a mini kitchen, small living room, pullout sofa sleeper and a bedroom that had a door between the bedroom and the living room. The bed was comfortable, although the pillows were somewhat hard and small. The a/c and heating worked fine with reasonable noise level.This hotel offers a free breakfast which includes cereal, bagels, muffins, juice, coffee, scrabbled eggs, sausage, instant oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt and a waffle maker. Although we never had a problem with the quality of the breakfast fare, the health department was there on our last day and made the hotel staff throw out the yogurt, refrigerated boiled eggs and refrigerated butter and the cooked scrammbled eggs. Not sure what was going on that day. All in all, a good stay in the north part of Austin.

Room Tip: if you are looking for a true "suite" be advised there are only two of those in the entire...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lindale, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed four nights at this hotel. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. Our room was large and the bed was comfortable. The towels were also nice. There were a few issues that were minor but since this is a site to help other travelers I will pass them along: The lamp on one of the nightstands did not have a switch to turn it on. Someone had broken it off. I called the front desk and she immediately brought another to our room. The first day we were there the cable TV kept going out but I think they were working on it because it worked fine after that first day. The ice machine on our floor was out of order so I walked downstairs to another one and noticed large black flakes of some kind in with the ice. I poured it out and got some more but it also had the black flakes in it. The health center had a notice posted on the door that it was closed for five days, however, there was a notice at the front desk that it was closed for a few weeks. Disappointing. The only other issue was that housekeeping did not come to clean our room until 6:00 p.m. one day. We had been out all day and when we came back had to wait on them to clean our room. The other days housekeeping came early to pick up the dirty towels and then would return late afternoon to bring clean ones. They did have a large variety of items for their complimentary breakfast and daily newspapers for their guests. Even though I pointed out a few minor issues we would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ANDYPATEL720, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites NW Lakeline, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Linda,
We appreciate your feedback, here at the Comfort Suites. It sounds like there were many issues that went on during your stay. I apologize for all of those instances and have notified our maintenance and housekeeping departments that they need to be more aware of their duties.
Thank you for your business and hope to see you soon!

Magnolia, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Third visit to this hotel. Friendly staff, clean, quiet rooms. Comfort Suites has very comfortable beds for a good night's rest. Hot breakfast included. Will definitely stay here again. Probably soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dennis,
We, at the Comfort Suites, appreciate your comments about your hotel stay with us. We absolutley strive to make our guests as comfortable and happy as we can.
Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon!

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed one night during a Texas road trip. The room was large and well furnished. Despite being on the frontage road, we had some difficulty in locating the hotel. I noticed a large amount broken glass in one of the parking spaces when we arrived, but we didn't have any issues. I was a bit concerned that the glass hadn't been cleaned and it was around 9:00 pm when we arrived. All in all, a good stay and we would return if in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear John,
We appreciate your response here at the Comfort Suites. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms, however we are dismayed to hear that there was broken glass in our parking lot. It is our duty and utmost importance that we keep our employees and guests in a safe environment. We have cleaned up the broken glass and have been monitoring the parking lot more frequently during the night hours to avoid circumstances that may be hazardous. We hope to see you soon!

Thanks once again,
Springtown, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

thought for a comfort suite it didn't measure up to others i stayed at. Beds are hard. Furniture in rooms were nasty and couch sunk in. would not recommed to stay for the price. front desk was very nice though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ANDYPATEL720, Manager at Comfort Suites NW Lakeline, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

I would like to sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations on your recent visit to our hotel. I would love to be able to help correct this situation. Please email the details of your visit and your contact information to Gm.TX514@choicehotels.com and I will do what I can to correct this situation.

Comfort Suites Management
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

While in town for the Grand Prix, my friends and I stayed at this Comfort Suites. It was not only extremely affordable, but the staff was friendly, the rooms clean, and the building generally well-maintained. Additionally, it's relatively close to a handful of restaurants within a short drive. It's a definite safe bet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Justin

Thank you very much for your kind words. We hope that you enjoyed your time in Austin for the F1 race. We definitely hope to see you back for the next race. If there is anything we can do to help accomodate you and your friend's, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you very much again.

Sincerely
Comfort Suites Management
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I initially disappointed that my customer discounted hotel was unavailable for a week in which I'd be in town. I immediately searched AAA and found this hotel with a few reviews. I then went to another site and found 200 reviews: All glowing! I added a few requests to my reservation and found that the hotel met them all, including a higher floor (I was on the top floor-3rd, on the quiet side of the building, and away from elevators & vending.

So, I booked the hotel online, received my AAA discount and checked in after work. Boy, was I surprised. Although the hotel receives a 3 diamond from AAA, they should consider adding a half diamond. This place was so immaculate and I've stayed in quite a few upscale resorts, both in and out of the US. I couldn't find a speck of dust anywhere.

Although the fitness room was the standard size, the equipment was good, the AC very cold, and I was the only one using it before work for one week so I was more than happy. My first night the AC unit kept me up all night because it was somewhat noisy and I'm a light sleeper. I reported this on the way out to work and the Angie asked if I would like the hotel to move me to another room if the AC couldn't be repaired by the time I returned from work. I decided to stay in the room. More about the later. When I returned after work the front desk representative indicated that Hector fixed it. I slept that night and every night like a charm. The hotel responded very quickly and the staff always has a smile and is always very professional.

Breakfast was free and pretty good. Much better than I expected. A wide assortment of hot and cold dishes to choose from was a pleasant surprise.

While looking at their website I also found that free wireless and wired Internet access was available. I was pleasantly surprised. I always carry a LAN cable when I am staying in a hotel. Wired is so much faster but many hotels, even those rated higher than this one, do not offer wired Internet access to it's guests. And certainly not free. I worked from my room using my wired connection and found it to be about the same as my connection at my home.

Overall, this was an exceptional hotel. If I come back on business I will stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper like me, ask to be on the 3rd floor facing away from the parking lot...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ANDYPATEL720, Owner at Comfort Suites NW Lakeline, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Vivian

Thank you so very much for posting your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We apologize about the AC mishap but are glad we were able to get it fixed for you. We really hope you come back and visit us soon. Again, my staff and I thank you very much for your kind words.

Also, thanks to your review, Angie and Hector both received a bonus for getting their names mentioned in a review! They also say thank you!

Andy Patel

Been to Comfort Suites NW Lakeline? Share your experiences!