“don't know where everyone else stayed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites NW Lakeline

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites NW Lakeline to your Saves list
Comfort Suites NW Lakeline
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13681 N. US Hwy 183, Austin, TX 78750-2209 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #81 of 182 hotels in Austin
Springtown, Texas
“don't know where everyone else stayed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

thought for a comfort suite it didn't measure up to others i stayed at. Beds are hard. Furniture in rooms were nasty and couch sunk in. would not recommed to stay for the price. front desk was very nice though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ANDYPATEL720, Manager at Comfort Suites NW Lakeline, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

I would like to sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations on your recent visit to our hotel. I would love to be able to help correct this situation. Please email the details of your visit and your contact information to Gm.TX514@choicehotels.com and I will do what I can to correct this situation.

Comfort Suites Management

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

While in town for the Grand Prix, my friends and I stayed at this Comfort Suites. It was not only extremely affordable, but the staff was friendly, the rooms clean, and the building generally well-maintained. Additionally, it's relatively close to a handful of restaurants within a short drive. It's a definite safe bet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Justin

Thank you very much for your kind words. We hope that you enjoyed your time in Austin for the F1 race. We definitely hope to see you back for the next race. If there is anything we can do to help accomodate you and your friend's, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you very much again.

Sincerely
Comfort Suites Management
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I initially disappointed that my customer discounted hotel was unavailable for a week in which I'd be in town. I immediately searched AAA and found this hotel with a few reviews. I then went to another site and found 200 reviews: All glowing! I added a few requests to my reservation and found that the hotel met them all, including a higher floor (I was on the top floor-3rd, on the quiet side of the building, and away from elevators & vending.

So, I booked the hotel online, received my AAA discount and checked in after work. Boy, was I surprised. Although the hotel receives a 3 diamond from AAA, they should consider adding a half diamond. This place was so immaculate and I've stayed in quite a few upscale resorts, both in and out of the US. I couldn't find a speck of dust anywhere.

Although the fitness room was the standard size, the equipment was good, the AC very cold, and I was the only one using it before work for one week so I was more than happy. My first night the AC unit kept me up all night because it was somewhat noisy and I'm a light sleeper. I reported this on the way out to work and the Angie asked if I would like the hotel to move me to another room if the AC couldn't be repaired by the time I returned from work. I decided to stay in the room. More about the later. When I returned after work the front desk representative indicated that Hector fixed it. I slept that night and every night like a charm. The hotel responded very quickly and the staff always has a smile and is always very professional.

Breakfast was free and pretty good. Much better than I expected. A wide assortment of hot and cold dishes to choose from was a pleasant surprise.

While looking at their website I also found that free wireless and wired Internet access was available. I was pleasantly surprised. I always carry a LAN cable when I am staying in a hotel. Wired is so much faster but many hotels, even those rated higher than this one, do not offer wired Internet access to it's guests. And certainly not free. I worked from my room using my wired connection and found it to be about the same as my connection at my home.

Overall, this was an exceptional hotel. If I come back on business I will stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper like me, ask to be on the 3rd floor facing away from the parking lot...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ANDYPATEL720, Owner at Comfort Suites NW Lakeline, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Vivian

Thank you so very much for posting your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We apologize about the AC mishap but are glad we were able to get it fixed for you. We really hope you come back and visit us soon. Again, my staff and I thank you very much for your kind words.

Also, thanks to your review, Angie and Hector both received a bonus for getting their names mentioned in a review! They also say thank you!

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband & I stayed at the Comfort Suites Lakeline for one night recently. We actually live just a few miles from this hotel, but due to a remodeling project, we were forced out of our home for the night. So, we were already familiar with the area. The hotel met our expectations in terms of cleanliness, comfort, accessibility, and staff.

The hotel is located right on highway 183, but there wasn't any traffic noise. There are some likable local restaurants (including Cover 2) and some chains within walking distance, and tons more within a mile's drive (including Pluckers, Texadelphia, and Spin Modern Thai, just to name a few). There's also a location of the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema right up the road. It's not the urban Austin scene some visitors look for, but for the suburbs, there's a lot to do near the hotel!

We were given a handicap accessible room on the 1st floor. Our room had no view whatsoever, the decor was bland, and the bathroom layout was a little different (with a roll-in shower and very noisy fan) but the room was clean and had the features you expect at this price-range, including a flat-panel TV, microwave, mini fridge, and a small seating area. The two queen beds weren't that soft, and the beds had small square pillows (which I never like!) but we slept well enough. The hotel also has a small but entirely adequate outdoor pool and hot tub.

Continental breakfast includes the fabulous "flippy-waffle" (as my husband would say) along with a few other passable hot items (eggs/sausages -- about what you expect at a hotel) and various pastries/breads, juice, yogurt, etc.

The front desk staff were friendly and attentive.

All in all, it's not a hotel I'd want to stay at for too long, but it would be a great option for short-term business or family travel. I'll keep the Comfort Suites in mind for the next time we have family visiting Austin, too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Spring, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Comfort Suites and really enjoyed our two nights there. The staff was very helpful, always cheerfully providing extra towels and sheets for the sleeper sofa. They really made you feel at home. The free continental breakfast was pretty typical for this type of hotel, but certainly suited our purposes. The in room refrigerator was also a nice bonus. The hotel was clean. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back in Austin very soon.

Mesquite, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Angie at the front desk was extremely helpful and polite when making me copies and or faxes every morning for my business during my stay last week. The breakfast was good. Wish that their was a weight machine or weight of some sort to utilize in the exercise room when working out during the week.Treadmills good though.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Pearland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Great place to stay while in Austin. Rooms are big and clean. A/C works great. The mattresses are comfortable. Refrigerator is nice to store drinks and food. The free breakfast includes waffels, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, eggs, ham, sausage, coffee, juices, and yogurt. I was really impressed. The front desk clerks were extremely friendly. Fresh coffee available around the clock in the breakfast area. I highly recommend a stay here. We will make this our place to stay when visiting Austin.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ANDYPATEL720, Owner at Comfort Suites NW Lakeline, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for your kind review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate it greatly. We definitely can not wait to see you back at our hotel again. The staff is very grateful that they were able to make your stay an enjoyable one. Please let us know if we can assist you in any way.

Andy Patel

Been to Comfort Suites NW Lakeline? Share your experiences!