“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Temecula
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for six nights to celebrate our anniversary and visit family. Josh was very helpful with directions to the hotel. We checked in with no problems and we had a nice gift from the front desk folks, Hollie and Josh. Very nice touch and appreciated.
The room was spacious and for the most part quiet. We did have one incident and it was related to a crew that was outside doing some renovations. Adela was able to handle to problem and offered some breakfast coupons.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful like Courtnay and the staff in the Bistro. One concern is the room service option through the large Marriott down the street. They didn't tell us we could not get breakfast through room service. Also, there is a limited amount of options for room service. Food is pretty good through room service and the Bistro. Wifi was strong and sleeping was very comfortable, however not all of the stations on the TV's are not in HD. Terrible reception for some channels.

All in all good stay and probably return if in town again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicola D, General Manager at Courtyard Austin South, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
JKCJES,
I am so happy to hear you had a nice stay at the Courtyard Austin South and our team made you feel appreciated. Hopefully we will see you next year for your anniversary.
Warm Regards,
Nicola D'Entremont - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

In Austin for a wedding. Chose this property because of the room rate and my familiarity with the Courtyard brand. The staff kindly arranged for an early check in. There was a problem with the room assigned to us. When I brought it to the attention of the staff, a room change was arranged swiftly and professionally. The room was one of the larger rooms available and the sleep quality was good and on the level of what I have come to expect from Courtyard properties.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate highway
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Nicola D, General Manager at Courtyard Austin South, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Jenny L,
It was a pleasure to have you, your friends and family with us over the weekend. The weather was perfect for a wedding. I am happy to hear that our team took care of you professionally and swiftly took care of your room.
It is our goal to ensure all our guests leave happy and relaxed and we hope we have earnt a fan with you!
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

As is standard with all Marriott hotels, the staff here was excellent. They're very friendly and do their absolute best to be helpful and accommodating. Unfortunately, it is an older hotel so it just doesn't stack up to other Marriott properties. The room had a musty smell to it, the on-site dining was mediocre, and the hotel elevator buttons get stuck. While not an awful hotel, there are certainly better places to stay.

Stayed May 2014
PharmaRep3,
As always we appreciate your feedback, especially your compliments regarding our helpful and accommodating staff.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Austin.
Odessa, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

For a Marriott hotel, this one is a major disappointment. Suffice it to say the staff at this property doesn't measure up. I have stayed at this location many times, but no more. There are too many other properties that will not disappoint. I recommend you keep driving!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicola D, General Manager at Courtyard Austin South, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
TexasTraveler66,
I am sad to hear that you felt our staff and hotel did not measure up. I would love to discuss your experience further as I feel we let you down and did not provide the service you deserve.
Please do not hesitate to call me at the hotel, so we can discuss our areas of opportunity and win back your loyalty.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, all feedback is appreciated as it gives us an opportunity to improve!
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This Marriott property meets/exceeds the Marriott standard. The lobby has been renovated with new concept within the last year. While breakfast is not complimentary, as in some properties, the breakfast available was reasonably priced. Breakfast service was great! Personnel manning the Bistro were accommodating and friendly. Check-in staff were very pleasant. Room was very clean and well maintained. We plan on staying again. Pay attention to special note on Marriott website referencing address to use in your GPS. We didn't pay attention and the GPS took us a couple of miles out of the way!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nicola D, General Manager at Courtyard Austin South, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your kind words and feedback. We appreciate your kind comments and your patronage. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit, especially our kind staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds and our breakfast. We look forward to your return.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

The front service agent, Adel, is simply amazing. I've only been to this location two times, and for those two times she has greeted me with a warm and friendly smile. & made me feel welcome. she certainly embodies what good guest service should be. I will defiantly come back to this hotel because of that experience.

• Stayed January 2014
Nicola D, General Manager at Courtyard Austin South, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
I am very pleased to hear that you had quite an enjoyable stay with us and found our staff very helpful. It is our mission to be clean and friendly and i am glad to know our team made you feel at home.
Whenever your travels bring you back to Austin, I look forward to welcoming you at the Courtyard Austin South.
Hagerstown, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I booked this stay for only one night prior to flying home. I arrived at the hotel late in the evening tired after a long drive. I was welcomed by one of the best front desk persons that I have dealt with in a long time. She was cheerful, efficient and very professional.

As a Marriott Platinum member, I have spent a lot of time in their hotels. At this hotel, I was upgraded to a higher level room without asking, which is becoming more frequently rare.

I only stayed here for ten hours since I had a very early flight, but the room was clean and quiet and I was able to get a good nights sleep.

The only suggestion for improvement would be have a sign on Meinardus Drive (the address for GPS). I did not see any markings in the dark when I arrived, it seemed all the signage was on the frontage road.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Nicola D, General Manager at Courtyard Austin South, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. We appreciate the fact that you are a loyal Marriott traveler. Our mission is to keep our hotel clean, spotless and friendly, Thanks to our great staff we are able to do that. Thank you again for your kind words and recognizing our team members.

Been to Courtyard Austin South? Share your experiences!