“Top Value” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Texas
“Top Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This Marriott property meets/exceeds the Marriott standard. The lobby has been renovated with new concept within the last year. While breakfast is not complimentary, as in some properties, the breakfast available was reasonably priced. Breakfast service was great! Personnel manning the Bistro were accommodating and friendly. Check-in staff were very pleasant. Room was very clean and well maintained. We plan on staying again. Pay attention to special note on Marriott website referencing address to use in your GPS. We didn't pay attention and the GPS took us a couple of miles out of the way!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nicola D, General Manager at Courtyard Austin South, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your kind words and feedback. We appreciate your kind comments and your patronage. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit, especially our kind staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds and our breakfast. We look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

The front service agent, Adel, is simply amazing. I've only been to this location two times, and for those two times she has greeted me with a warm and friendly smile. & made me feel welcome. she certainly embodies what good guest service should be. I will defiantly come back to this hotel because of that experience.

• Stayed January 2014
Nicola D, General Manager at Courtyard Austin South, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
I am very pleased to hear that you had quite an enjoyable stay with us and found our staff very helpful. It is our mission to be clean and friendly and i am glad to know our team made you feel at home.
Whenever your travels bring you back to Austin, I look forward to welcoming you at the Courtyard Austin South.
Hagerstown, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I booked this stay for only one night prior to flying home. I arrived at the hotel late in the evening tired after a long drive. I was welcomed by one of the best front desk persons that I have dealt with in a long time. She was cheerful, efficient and very professional.

As a Marriott Platinum member, I have spent a lot of time in their hotels. At this hotel, I was upgraded to a higher level room without asking, which is becoming more frequently rare.

I only stayed here for ten hours since I had a very early flight, but the room was clean and quiet and I was able to get a good nights sleep.

The only suggestion for improvement would be have a sign on Meinardus Drive (the address for GPS). I did not see any markings in the dark when I arrived, it seemed all the signage was on the frontage road.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Nicola D, General Manager at Courtyard Austin South, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. We appreciate the fact that you are a loyal Marriott traveler. Our mission is to keep our hotel clean, spotless and friendly, Thanks to our great staff we are able to do that. Thank you again for your kind words and recognizing our team members.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I booked 4 rooms for myself, our company president, and two others and got in after a late dinner to find they oversold and gave away our rooms. When I asked how they tried to contact me, she gave me a # I had removed from my profile awhile back. No email, text or call to my info on file with Marriott. I am a Gold Member and this was quite embarrassing with bosses in town and we were put up at a Comfort Suites nowhere comparable in decency. Mr. Marriott, you may lose me and my company as it solidified my Diamond guarantee with HiltonHonors.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Nicola D, General Manager at Courtyard Austin South, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Clemfan,
Thank you for your feedback, I would love to have you stay with us on your next visit to Austin. Feel free to contact me at the hotel on 512-912-1122 where we can provide you and your fellow travelers the world-class service that you desire.
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Started off with a friendly, efficient check-in. The room was very clean and comfortable. The sofa provided a nice seating area and there was also a desk and chair. Nice lobby area and indoor pool. Be sure to visit the original Chuy's just a few miles north on 35, exit at Riverside and turn left ... Then merge on Barton Springs ... A few miles down on your right. Lots of fun and historical sights in Austin! PS - the hotel is so easy to find - all I did was call and listen to the easy directions!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicola D, General Manager at Courtyard Austin South, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
We love Austin too! We are happy to hear we were able to make a good trip even better! We look forward to seeing you all on your next trip to Austin. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience
Swedesboro, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

About 3 miles south of downtown. Took a cab into town for $10 each way. Hotel very clean and rooms were a good size. Pool area was a nice touch, as well. Above average for a Courtyard by Marriott. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words, Paul P. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Austin. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and kind words with TripAdvisor and your friends and family. Happy Travels!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed at the courtyard marriott south Austin at 4533 interstate 35 this weekend. Unfortunately this hotel was the worst Marriott I have ever stayed at. The hotel room smelled like mold and I commented to the hotel staff 3 times. I was told every time that there were no other room options and they could come spray air freshener. I travel for business and have in the past exclusively stayed with Marriott. I can promise I will not stay at this Marriott or Marriott's in Austin again. No discount or apology was offered. If the weekend had not been so hectic we would have switched hotels. A bad room is one thing but horrible service is another. We actually woke up early to get the heck out of that hotel room.

Stayed October 2013
Nicola D, General Manager at Courtyard Austin South, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Mr. Ventura,
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry that you did not find the hotel to your expectations. Please feel free to contact me, at the hotel on 512-912-1122 to discuss how we can improve for your next visit and our future guests.

Been to Courtyard Austin South? Share your experiences!