“Meh, whatever (How are you gonna complain about 55$/night?)” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #169 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
“Meh, whatever (How are you gonna complain about 55$/night?)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I'm not picky but I thought it was perfectly acceptable. I stayed in the studio with a queen size bed. Bring your own pillows, but its pretty comfortable. Bathroom was decent. Kitchenette was helpful and its stocked with pots, pans, dishes. Pretty good value for what you pay. TV is small 18" maybe, but the room is small so no big deal. About 25 channels on cable. 4 different ESPNs, Showtime, locals. The internet wasn't working when I first got there, they gave me a number to call and I thought "Great, here comes the run around where you get so frustrated that you just give up." Took about 30 minutes on the phone, but they finally fixed it and it was actually a pretty fast wifi connection. Dude at the front counter was nice enough.

Room seemed clean. I'm a smoker (staying in a non-smoking room) so I didn't notice any smoke smell or otherwise.

Should you come here with your family? Probably not. It's low rent so what do you expect. Some sketchy folks roaming but were ultimately harmless. I passed out so didn't notice alot of noise. Lots of food options. Close to mall. Wal-Mart is a 10 minute walk maybe. Movie theatre and grocery store have moved further down the road, so you'd need a car for that.

Need a room for the night and not gonna complain about the cheapest one? Just book it.

Room Tip: Do third floor, so you don't hear any stomping
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Austin - West, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Thank you!

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me at awt@extendedstay.com if we can help with any future reservations. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Not recommended if you are looking for something like extended stay america. Its very untidy and not a greatly maintained property. The staff was very friendly though. Helped cancel my reservation understandingmy expectations.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Austin - West, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. To uphold our company's high standards, we will strive to meet the expectations of guests looking for an Extended Stay Hotel moving forward. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at awt@extendedstay.com or by phone at (512)331-4747. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

The staff was horrible. They were rude to guests.., to each other. The reservation center lied on me stating they quoted me a price but it clearly showed the price on my email confirmation. They size room wasn't available & the staff indicated it was the reservation centers fault but they sti didn't want to accommodate me. They tried to charge me more than quoted. I was already I'm an emergency situation in which I had to immediately evacuate my home & they made my night worse. It took almost 2 hours to even check in.

• Stayed June 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding the reservation and check in process is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I met with the staff and we will work as a team to ensure that the concerns that have been brought to our attention are not repeated. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me at awt@extendedstay.com or at (512)331-4747 so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I selected Crossland on a Hotwire.com Vacation Package. It was the worst mistake I ever made. The hotel is old and it has not been maintained to my standards. It was either too hot or too cold in my room, the bed squeaked, the bedspread hadn't been cleaned in some time, the Non-Smoking room smelled of smoke. All in all, a bad experience that I would not want to repeat.

Room Tip: As far as I can tell, there are no good rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Austin - West, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that we did not meet your expectations during your most recent visit to Austin. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am working with our maintenance and housekeeping staff members to correct the issues in your room. As well, we are focusing on improving our cleanliness procedures to ensure these types of situations do not happen again.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at awt@extendedstay.com or (512)331-4747. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stripped down to the bones. Some rooms have furniture falling apart. 3rd floor outdoor landing is sagging -- and this is a motel style place. Refrig is a small box dorm or office size. These are not no-defrost refrig's as the maintenance man must take them out of the room to de-ice them often.
Curtain backings have holes in them as seen from the walk way. People hang out on the walk-way on the railing in front of the room doors. Some smoke outside on the railing. The smoke does suck into the other rooms A/C or Heat vent.

The manager and some of the staff are awful rude as a prior person mentioned. Liz is indeed indifferent. I had the same issue trying to get an alarm clock that worked. 3 Alarm Clocks later I finally got one that worked. Liz actually told me to wait until the next day. I needed an alarm clock to go to my appt. which was the reason I was in town. Dumb response from that person!

The manager and the Regional manager are responsible for the attitude and treatment of their GUEST. Therefore the Manager and the Regional Manager and the Corporate office is responsible for this on-going horrible behavior toward guest in Austin. I have been booked there before by my company. Each time is the same from the same people.

Also, basic toliet paper and towels are difficult to acquire. No dish soap is given for washing the dishes either.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that someone on our staff did not attend to your needs properly during your stay. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. I do appreciate the opportunity to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. I truly understand your aggravation and the inconvenience you experienced. The circumstances you have detailed are, of course, unacceptable and highly regrettable. It is our goal to provide a pleasant and relaxing environment where our guests can feel at home when they’re away from home. And we recognize that in order to achieve that goal, we must provide outstanding service. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at awt@extendedstay.com or (512)331-4747. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

AWFUL AWFUL and dirty, they allow sexoffenders to live here, druggies as well too. Filthy and nasty small rooms, they need a new onsite manager too. He's not nice at all and complains all the time when you come down to the office for supplies, they won't even renovate at all. Liz isn't nice at all eithet, I'm disabled and have asked NUMEROUS times for a first floor room as close to the office as possible and I am ALWAYS give a room as far away from the office as they can put me on the first floor. Staff doesn't care about their guest's safety at all, if you have to call 9-1-1 for any reason and Liz is working she calls your room and yells at you for calling

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The first room that I was given a key to smelled of cigarette smoke, even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. The staff member was very apologetic and gave me the key to the room next door. It did not stink of recent smoking. The web site said that there would be a full sized refrigerator. It was a largish dorm style fridge with almost no place to put anything frozen. The freezer area had more than 1" of ice coating the surface in all directions. The chest of drawers contains 3 narrow drawers, that was insufficient to hold 2 weeks worth of work clothing. The television was manufactured in the early 1990s. When it powers off, it can't keep the current channel or volume. The paint on the walls is both chipped in places and not painted up to the cabinets. The bathroom was a pleasant surprise with lots of water pressure, hot water, and a new shower curtain. Power plugs near the bed are not conveniently placed (below the headboard and behind the one nightstand).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Austin - West? Share your experiences!