“Don't expect much” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #176 of 190 Hotels in Austin
Dallas, Texas
“Don't expect much”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stripped down to the bones. Some rooms have furniture falling apart. 3rd floor outdoor landing is sagging -- and this is a motel style place. Refrig is a small box dorm or office size. These are not no-defrost refrig's as the maintenance man must take them out of the room to de-ice them often.
Curtain backings have holes in them as seen from the walk way. People hang out on the walk-way on the railing in front of the room doors. Some smoke outside on the railing. The smoke does suck into the other rooms A/C or Heat vent.

The manager and some of the staff are awful rude as a prior person mentioned. Liz is indeed indifferent. I had the same issue trying to get an alarm clock that worked. 3 Alarm Clocks later I finally got one that worked. Liz actually told me to wait until the next day. I needed an alarm clock to go to my appt. which was the reason I was in town. Dumb response from that person!

The manager and the Regional manager are responsible for the attitude and treatment of their GUEST. Therefore the Manager and the Regional Manager and the Corporate office is responsible for this on-going horrible behavior toward guest in Austin. I have been booked there before by my company. Each time is the same from the same people.

Also, basic toliet paper and towels are difficult to acquire. No dish soap is given for washing the dishes either.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Austin - West, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that someone on our staff did not attend to your needs properly during your stay. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. I do appreciate the opportunity to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. I truly understand your aggravation and the inconvenience you experienced. The circumstances you have detailed are, of course, unacceptable and highly regrettable. It is our goal to provide a pleasant and relaxing environment where our guests can feel at home when they’re away from home. And we recognize that in order to achieve that goal, we must provide outstanding service. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at awt@extendedstay.com or (512)331-4747. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

AWFUL AWFUL and dirty, they allow sexoffenders to live here, druggies as well too. Filthy and nasty small rooms, they need a new onsite manager too. He's not nice at all and complains all the time when you come down to the office for supplies, they won't even renovate at all. Liz isn't nice at all eithet, I'm disabled and have asked NUMEROUS times for a first floor room as close to the office as possible and I am ALWAYS give a room as far away from the office as they can put me on the first floor. Staff doesn't care about their guest's safety at all, if you have to call 9-1-1 for any reason and Liz is working she calls your room and yells at you for calling

• Stayed June 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The first room that I was given a key to smelled of cigarette smoke, even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. The staff member was very apologetic and gave me the key to the room next door. It did not stink of recent smoking. The web site said that there would be a full sized refrigerator. It was a largish dorm style fridge with almost no place to put anything frozen. The freezer area had more than 1" of ice coating the surface in all directions. The chest of drawers contains 3 narrow drawers, that was insufficient to hold 2 weeks worth of work clothing. The television was manufactured in the early 1990s. When it powers off, it can't keep the current channel or volume. The paint on the walls is both chipped in places and not painted up to the cabinets. The bathroom was a pleasant surprise with lots of water pressure, hot water, and a new shower curtain. Power plugs near the bed are not conveniently placed (below the headboard and behind the one nightstand).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Tampa, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

While looking for a place just to sleep while visiting Austin, I came across the Crossland Economy Studios. It's a part of the Extended Stay family, so I figured it would be fine. The price was definitely right! I was shocked at the size of the room for the price...especially in Austin! The front desk person was very pleasant and helpful. I checked in very quickly and was in my room ready to sleep within 15 minutes. My only complaint about the property was the smell in the room. My room was supposedly a non-smoking room, but obviously smokers stayed there before me. The entire room smelled of stale cigarettes. I don't really care about those kinds of things, so I showered and went directly to sleep. The next morning I was up and out with the sun. All in all, if I'm in need of an inexpensive place to lay my head in Austin, I will return. If I'm going to be there more than just one night, I'll find somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The staff at Crossland are exceptional. They would be very good if they simply met your needs quickly and efficiently. But they do that while appearing to really enjoy providing excellent service. And this description applies to ALL the staff. Everyone from the front desk to cleaning to maintenance always smile and greet you and they offer to help anytime you could possibly need help, without being overbearing in any way. The facilities are also excellent, considering the price. The motel and grounds are kept clean and in good working order. The rooms are clean and simple, with solidly comfortable beds, a small table and chairs and an mall efficiency kitchen, and a good-sized. clean bathroom. I stayed in a double room and it was quite large compared to other extended-stay type motels that charge significantly more. Cable and free wi-fi are provided. The cable is somewhat limited but it includes many of the standard networks you would expect, including local broadcast stations, CNN, TNT, TBS, USA, etc., and two Showtime stations. Thanks to the friendly, helpful staff and the clean, comfortable room, I had an excellent stay at a very reasonable price. I would heartily recommend Crossland, Austin, West.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the motel. The back faces the back of another motel and feels muc...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brandy W, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Austin - West, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review about our hotel. I truly appreciate your positive and thoughtful comments regarding the hotel staff.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

First off , the staff is AMAZING ! I absolutely love their customer service. Every single team member is extremely nice, caring and friendly while professional at the same time. As far as the price, u jut can't beat it ! It is very fairly priced and the rooms are well worth what you're paying ! Very nice rooms. The neighborhood is also good so the location is another plus. Shipping centers and plenty of entertainment nearby. Easy access to 183, 620 and the toll road ! I've never stayed this long in a hotel up until now and i must say they have definitely made it feel homey !

• Stayed March 2013
RDOAustin, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Austin - West, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a fantastic review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the staff and the area! Our job is to provide all guests "with a home away from home" while visiting Austin, and I am glad to hear we did. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

In my humble opinion, its the staff that make this place special. From the front desk, to the maids and maintenance guys, they were all friendly, courteous and always offering to help.

I stayed here one night back before Christmas to check out the place for a longer stay in January. Good Internet, with a comfortable and clean room. Came back in early Jan, staying for one month. Smaller rooms are nice but its only about $5 more a night for the next size up which is worth it and the staff put me on the waiting list to upgrade as soon as one was available (took about a week).

Compared to the several other Extended Stay brand hotels in Austin, this by far the best and with prices at least 1/3rd lower than the other Extended Stays, by far your best choice.

Location is walking distance to several restaurants and a Alamo Drafthouse theater. Neighborhood behind the hotel offers a nice safe place to walk and a small park too.

Room Tip: Stayed in 3 different rooms over two stays. All were good, but the third floor seemed better to me.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Austin - West, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you felt the staff made Crossland special. The best part of our job is providing all of our guests with a "home away from home" experience, and it sounds like we were able to accomplish that. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Northwest Austin
Value Place Austin, Texas (Northwest)
Northwest Austin
Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum
Quality Inn North Austin
#145 of 190 in Austin
3.0 of 5 stars 266 reviews

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Austin - West? Share your experiences!