“This place was $95 with tax Formula One week-end!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #167 of 182 hotels in Austin
south texas usa
“This place was $95 with tax Formula One week-end!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Every other place was either booked or gauging folks... thanks you! Customer service was good and staff was friendly... room was fine... love the refrigerator and kitchen utensils etc..... wi-fi worked well, easy access to the highway... twenty minutes to downtown... very pleased with the stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RDOAustin, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Austin - West, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This place is a dump. People are always outside drinking like its a club. The cops are here every other day especially at night. The rooms stink and are outdated. The carpets look like they haven't been steam cleaned since this place opened. The dishes are really old with crud on them. I didn't feel safe here at all. There were dead roaches under the bed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
RDOAustin, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Austin - West, responded to this review, November 1, 2012

Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This place def needs renovations bad, love having a kitchenett in the room
Other than that I don't like it here. There's only 1 room here with a tub,
I am disabled and asked for acomidations and they refused.
When a guest offered me there room that has the tub they told them
They wouldn't allow either if us to change roooms

Room Tip: Don't stay here, staff aren't helpful. Dirty rooms, really NEEDS an upgrade here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Austin - West, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Becky - Thank you for providing feedback about your stay at our hotel. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your request for a handicap accessible room. Unfortunately, as we mentioned upon check-in, guests with prior reservations were already occupying all of these room types. I am truly saddened to know that because of this you did not enjoy your time with us.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again. Please call us directly to make a reservation, and I will ensure that we have a handicap accessible room ready for you to use. We look forward to possibly seeing you in the future.
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

The staff and customer service at this place was really good. I had interacted with Liz and Vanida and both were very courteous and cared for their guests. I had opted to move to one of their sister concerned properties and they truly helped me out to get there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Owner at Crossland Economy Studios - Austin - West, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I will be sure to pass along your kind words about Liz and Vanida.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Price is around $50 per night.
Old? Yes
Run Down? Yes
Okay the economy took a dive which really hit the hotel/hospitality industry. Not many companies are investing in renovations.....understandable.... however...........
Although you can't clean off old you can clean. Everything in the room was filthy...
Had a black light in the car that I use for automotive purposes. Wife didn't want me to use it - should have listened - room from ceiling to floor - bedspreads - blankets - walls - tv - everything covered in semen and bodily fluid.

The dirt was not from just one filthy person before us - long standing gross filth - housekeepers I'm sure just fly through the rooms to keep their cleaning times down, however nothing gets cleaned.

Studio 6 wasn't much better - stayed here before and it was dirty but this time - ugh.

Don't need new furniture or drapes etc... Just want a clean and comfortable room
This place really misses the mark.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Austin - West, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to apologize. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Arlington, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Small room, nasty small bed. The room smells like smoke even though its non smoking. Slow wifi. I dont know how much others paid for this but I was tranferred from extended stay roundrock cause they were overbooked. Staff was ok. But try to avoid this place.

Room Tip: Go there only if they charge like $15/night
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards. I take your comments very seriously, so, I have met with our hotel management and staff to prevent such a situation from occurring again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

It was bland and cramped. If you like bland and cramped, you'll love this place, and you'd probably give it 5 stars for what it is. If you like bland, you'd still feel cramped, or cramped/bland, and would probably give it 2.5 stars. I give it two stars because although I hate bland and cramped, there was running water, and I like running water.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Austin - West, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. We understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. I apologize that you did not enjoy the accommodations. We do provide more spacious rooms than many of our competitors, but I will work with the team to see what we can do to eliminate the "bland" feel. I apologize again, and thank you for your feedback.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Austin - West? Share your experiences!