“pleasnt surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Dallas, Texas
“pleasnt surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed here for three nights during the COTA F1 weekend. Stayed in the suite section of the hotel. Loved having the space but be aware the sofa does not fold out into bed. Breakfast buffet is included and has a variety of hot and cold items to choose from and the evening selection could defintely count as dinner. If you are still hungry there are a couple restaurants and bars that are an easy less than 2 minutes walk. If you need to go downtown, you can get there in 10 to 15 minutes in the car. Hotel provides secure parking. Overall I was pleasantly surprised by the property and would stay here again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Redlands, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We recently spent 4 nights at the Drury while attending the F1 race at COTA.

The worst part of our stay was adjusting to the Austin freeway system. Not Drury's fault, in fact the front desk clerk that checked us in said that it was the Land of U-Turns.

Everything was top notch with the Drury. We had a 1 bedroom suite on the first floor. The room was large and comfortable. It felt like home away from home with the couch and recliner in the living room.

Breakfast was very filling. Full hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, potatoes, etc. The 5:30 kickback was also available in the evening. Although, we only had drinks one night during our trip.

There are several restaurants within walking distance. We had dinner at Pappasito's Cantina one night and loved it.

Overall, I would highly recommend the Drury to any of my friends and family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband worked the F1 race this last weekend in Austin. We were placed in this hotel as the officials hotel. They opened breakfast at 4:30 am as a favor for the race workers. The staff of the hotel was friendly and helpful about everything. The room was clean and comfortable even the towels were large and soft. I used the laundry since we were going to continue on and it worked just fine. They have food and drinks in the evening which was great we could all sit around and talk for a couple of hours. Can't say enough of how great the staff and the room was. Look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mountain View, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Drury was a pleasant surprise! I shared a double twin bed standard room with one other Wednesday evening through Monday day when in Austin to attend the USGP. The beds were comfortable. The staff bent over backwards for us! They came in earlier then the norm serving their free buffet style light breakfast at 4:30 AM so we could head off to the race early. Breakfast items included hot oatmeal, eggs, country potatoes, sausage, biscuits with gravy or you can make your own waffle. They had many other cold items as well such as muffins, cereals, yogurt, milk, coffee, tea, four juices, soft drinks and fresh fruit. They also offer some hot food items such as chicken, pasta with meatballs and baked potatoes in the evening as well as beer, wine and some mixed drinks. Anything we needed, they took care of. An example, I was looking for a late checkout on Monday as my flight didn't leave until 7:30 PM. Normal checkout time is at 11 AM. They extended mine to 3 PM at no charge. The wifi here kicks and I never had a problem with it wherever I was within the inn. The business center offers two PC's with printers. And the up to one hour a day free long distance telephone calls within the US and Canada were awesome. The Drury is not the most modern, but it is up to standard and the rooms are very reasonable, clean and the staff is fantastic! There are also five restaurants, mostly chains within a half a block walking distance and the two I went to offered good bona-fairs for dinner. Most of the Drury's parking areas are lightly gated so you should be able to find a space. Cab rides to the airport without tip are around $38.00. If you book Super Shuttle it is around $20.00 not including a tip. The best part, during the US Grand Prix weekend, they only raised their rates by $30.00 per night for Thursday, Friday and Saturday when many others tripled their rates or more in the Austin area. They made such an impression on us we've already rebooked for our stay next year. Hats off to the Drury for being clean, fair, friendly and honest. The Drury may not be five star, but it fits the bill quite nicely.

Room Tip: You can upgrade to a suite wityh two queen beds for an addtional $10.00 to $15.00 a night before tax...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Really enjoyed our weekend stay! Room was good for three- two adults and a teenager here for football weekend! Liked the eco friendly theme including the energy conserving toilets! The breakfast buffet was great. Staff was friendly! Make your reservations early-This is one of the best values in town when it seems other hotels jack up the prices for football or other event weekends!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This Drury Inn is always consistent. I have stayed at this particular Inn four times in the past 3 years, and the rooms are always we taken care of, and the breakfast is great. It is easy to get around this part of Austin from this location. I will stay here again, as my daughter is not attending the University Of Texas.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed here during a professional conference at a nearby hotel. The room itself was a little dated, but clean. After I unpacked that night I realized I left my deodorant at home. I was about to head to a store, but I asked if they kept any on site, and lo and behold, they gave me a free sample size container, saving me a late night trip! The happy hour was nice; I could have easily eaten the food offered instead of dinner. There are several nice restaurants within walking distance. There was a microwave and fridge in the room - nice for restaurant leftovers. I just wish there had been a nearby grocery store. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Austin North? Share your experiences!