“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 187 Hotels in Austin
sissy in houston
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

This is the second time I have stayed at this location while in Austin.The hotel is older,but still a nice safe place to stay.It seems like the DPS officers like to stay here each time I have stayed here they are staying here.Makes me feel a little safer.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
NW Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We went to Austin for a wedding, and this was the hotel chosen by the wedding party. We had never heard of this hotel, but will use them again. The rooms were clean and we had 2 double beds with 3 pillows on each bed with three different levels of firmness of the pillows, soft, firm and in-between. They also had a system, kind of like a gated community where you had to use your room key to go to park, which made it safer. The free breakfast was good, and they have something called 5:30 where you grt free food and cokes from 5:30 to I think 7. Wasn't gourmet, hot dogs, popcorm, baked potatoes, salad, and other food, enouge if you had kids it would fill them up.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011 via mobile

Just spent this past weekend (6-25/6-26) here. Hubby and I celebrated our 17yr anniversary. Believe it or not. Drury Inn was our first hotel when we got married back in McAllen Tx. And have been goin ever since. Staff is aleays wonderful to us. In any city we
have stayed at. Rooms super clean. Love the free Breakfast n evening Snack time n complimentary mixed
drinks. Ooooh! We always feel at home when we stay here. Thank You Austin Drury Inn for The best service these past 17 yrs. Love u guys xoxo. U have customers for
life. My little boy calls this HIS HOTEL :). He is 12 now n my 10 yr old just simply has a blast! Til nxt time!!

• Stayed June 2011
CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We needed a hotel room in Austin for the night before a flight home. I booked this room at a reasonable rate of $97 on line. This was over a busy weekend in Austin. It is definitely not a luxury hotel by any means, but was clean, quiet and convenient, with a decent complimentary breakfast and snacks. The hotel is right on the 35, so is convenient to anything around Austin. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. When we arrived early that evening, they had a complimentary light dinner set out. We didn't have anything except a little fruit and a soft drink. There were several good restaurants with in walking distance such as Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen and Pappasito's Cantina as well as a Chilis.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

I - and my service dog (hearing) - arrived late last Wednesday for an early business meeting the next day. John, the front desk clerk who checked me in, noted that they had me in an upstairs room which was not exactly the best place for me. Without my asking he said he could change it to a first floor room, possibly closer to the front so I wouldn't have that far to walk for breakfast and to get to my car. In 10 minutes I was set. You have no idea how much that simple kindness meant.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

You would be challenged to find a better hotel in Austin proper. We have stayed in over a dozen different hotels in Austin, from out at the airport, downtown, and along I-35 going both north and south from down town. I appreciate the added security of restricted access to the parking lot. I really hate to only give this a rating of 4 since the Cons I will list below were probably one time affairs, but that is what a TA review is suppose to be: what we experienced during this one stay. Next time we need a hotel in Austin it will be this hotel and I am sure I will be able to give it a much better review.

Staff here, just like at all the Drurys are very, very good. Proffessional and helpful. Very fast in taking care of what you ask of them.

Appreciated the free long distance service that Drury offers. We found upon arrival that neither of us had a cell phone, but we did have messages waiting for us from two daughters who lived out of the area.

We were in town for Texas State's graduation and the party that night. We booked a suite just a few days before arrival. Suites cost approx. 40-50% more than the regular room and include a bedroom with a pocket door to separate from the rest, a wetbar with it's own sink, a soffa with coffee table and end tables, table and 2-3 chairs, a second phone and a second 40" LCD TV. Also includes the other furnishing found in their regular rooms: recliner, fridg, microwave, desk area. All in all, a nice set up for me to spend the early morning hours without bothering my sleeping wife.

Would have worked well too except for when my wife offered to bring our 2 year old grand daughter from the graduation party and drop her off the next day so her parents could stay out and howl at the moon all night. The reason for this long story is so I can tell you about arriving back at the Drury at midnight requesting a crib for an unexpected guest. We had one in less than 5 minutes. No extra charge. No fuss. Just great service!

This Drury does not have an indoor pool, but it's outdoor pool is larger and nicer than most other hotels. The rooms were very quiet. We stayed in the back of the property and heard nothing from the highway. After checking in we found out the hotel was full of kids attending a state track meet. We've run into something like this at other hotels and the noise from all these kids can be very disturbing. The rooms at Drury were either very quiet, or we were lucky as neither of us ever heard a thing. (And I hope no one heard a baby crying either.)

Internet service was fast. Faster than what I get at home with direct wired DSL. We were using their LAN wired connection just as we do at home. The data jack was located on the side of the phone which was located across the room from the work desk. Sorta weird to have the phone cord stretched across the room, but it worked well.

Had excellent vodka and tonics at the evening Kick Back. Missed not having the shredded cheese and diced ham to put in my salad and baked potatoe. No hot wings either. The shredded cheese and diced ham were set out the next morning. Have to say though, that the breakfast was not as good as we have enjoyed at other Drury's, more on par with most other mid-priced chains (Scambled eggs a little runny, bisquits a little hard and dry, sausage patty a little greasy. (Could just have been me after not having a good night though.) Miss having bagels at any of the Drurys.

Beside these small gripes, the main reason for the ranking of 4 instead of 5 is that my bed was very uncomfortable. It had a noticable slant and depressed area to the side where others had sat on the edge. I am sure the hotel would have done something about it if I had mentioned it to them sooner, but I didn't check the mattress out until I was ready to go to sleep. By then I figured it was too late and didn't let them know about it until the next day. They were naturally sorry and wished I had let them know sooner. It really boils down to me not doing my duty as a guest when I failed to check it when we first arrived. (and to be truthful, I've slept in worse positions after a night out)

All in all, a great stay. We will do it again at this hotel. I highly recommomend it.

Room Tip: Ask for the rear, away from elevators and stairs.