I strongly advise anyone reading to read all reviews prior to booking at this hotel. I'm sure there will be a rebuttle to this review, but here are the facts.
1) I am a teacher, coach and have been in an athletic administrative position for 13 of my 19 years in the profession.
2) I have never felt the need to write any kind of a review after a stay good or bad... Good experience? Isn't that the expectation as a traveler and guest? Bad experience? Hey, it happens at times.
3) I unfortunately did have to make several adjustments to my coaching staff's stay due to circumstances out of our control, including a late cancellation on a Saturday morning.
4) The Ramada - Austin Central dramatically increased their rates over the weekend due to SXSW and the Tx HS Men's Basketball State Tourn. that weekend (I do get supply and demand, but the prices went from $80.00 to $180.00 from Wednesday night to Thursday night)
5) The elevator was broken & the 4th floor in which I stayed was being remodeled. Room was average at best, shower head was way to low, little bit of a smell to the room... nothing major though.
6) When I questioned the cancellation policy and the lack of hospitality from the inconvenience of the elevator (a second time), I was asked to leave the property and that there would be no change to the billing.
7) When I said I wasn't leaving because I had paid for the room at this point and that my personal belongings were still in the room, the police were called to have me removed from the property. I waited patiently for the police to arrive. Note - I never once raised my voice, cursed or caused a scene in any way - In fact I waited until the front desk was completely clear of customers.
8) Later that evening I found out that they had rented the room to someone else even though I had paid for it for the night.
9) When I called Ramada's Corporate Office to get suggestions to how to handle the situation, I received a 3-4 line e-mail from the owner of the property stating he received my concern, the policy hasn't changed, the billing will not change & if I return to the property I would be booked for trespassing.
10) I am now unfortunately soending my spring break trying to educate others so they do not experience the same awful experience that I encountered.
*** Please don't take this or any 1 review independently. Read through several pages of reviews and find that this is common place at this establishment. 0 customer care or service.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Wyndham, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Ramada Austin Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Austin Central Hotel Austin
- Austin Ramada