“Good location, cheap breakfast, get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #101 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas
“Good location, cheap breakfast, get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It is a very good location, and at a competative price for Central Austin. The breakfast was the usual runny eggs, tough sausage, waffle maker. The room was worn, but clean. bed worked. There was a pool and exercise room, but we did not use either.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back of the hotel to minimize road noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Killeen, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

You get what you pay for, simple as that. There is nothing spectacular about this hotel but it's a place to rest your head at night. It is a great location, close to downtown. From 6th Street back to this hotel, we (2 people) paid a little over $15 for a cab ride. The room is okay. There was a random chair in the room that was questionable. By the time I met my friend, she already requested a sheet to put over it. Before she could even say what for.. the guy at the front desk already knew it was for the chair because they apparently get a lot of complaints about it. They do have a good breakfast, eggs.. sausage.. waffles.. toasts.. potatoes etc. It was about the only thing I could say I was impressed with. They do make you sign in and write down the color of your clothes before you eat.. weird! Recommend to people who aren't too picky and just happy with the basics.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Belfast, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed two nights for a brief visit to Austin,checking out the Hyde Park neighborhood nearby. Our room was clean, bathroom was small and cramped, and the wi if was spotty. That said, our room was priced accordingly and we got what we paid for. I would stay here again because the location is convenient to downtown (where we have paid three times as much for a room) and to some of the great small neighborhoods of Austin.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Harlingen, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The desk clerk (man) was not attentive at all. He did not greet us and just asked what we needed. He did not seem to care about the guest (at least us) and did not make us feel welcome. I noted that the room was for only 2 guests and brought it up to his attention and ended up paying for the third person – he didn’t even thank me for that, as all three of us were standing in front of him yet he did not notice that detail and if we were not honest we could have just left it as that. At check out, again he did not greet us or asked how our stay was, I asked for the receipt and he threw it at me across the counter! The receipt had my wrong address which he did not correct although I had hand written the correct one at the time at checking. I maintained my composure because I did not want to cause a confrontation for his unprofessional and horrible behavior which I now regret because I do not let people treat me that way. The room was not great but it wasn’t disgusting. I guess hotels are pricier in Austin and that is how we ended at the Ramada Inn. Bottom line: Never will I stay at the Ramada Inn Hotel and have already told my friends and family to never stay there either. I’m very upset and disappointed on this man’s rude behavior toward us and hope that something gets done about

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Austin Central? Share your experiences!