“Glad I was only there one night” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10100 N. Capital of Texas Hwy, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #134 of 184 Hotels in Austin
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
“Glad I was only there one night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed one night for business. Not somewhere I would rush back to. I recognize that I'm not the target market seeing how I only stayed one night. It all felt "done on the cheap" - an example is my room had no shampoo. I went down to check the "amenities basket" (as they apparently have a small basket at the checkin desk of items they don't stock in the rooms) but didn't find shampoo. I asked the clerk, and his hesitant response was "oh, I don't think our shipment has come in." I read that to mean that they don't stock shampoo and he was either too embarrassed to tell me that, or it was a rehearsed answer.

On the positive side, I found the bed to be surprisingly very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Victoria, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great location. Friendly staff. The room is nothing fancy, but it was a good deal and worked well for our last minute travel plans. Was a little disappointed that the bathroom only had a shower and not a tub, and the grab and go breakfast only had coffee available as a drink option. Would have liked bottled water or even juice. Plenty of shops and restaurants in the area, some even within walking distance. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: vending machines are in the key-locked laundry room - so don't forget your room key :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Noida, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was here for 3 months wifi you have to fight for a room with good internet connectivity.
Its next to I-35 so connectivity is good.
Rooms on ground floor are good but one on 2nd and 3rd floor are really impossible.
There will be smoke in air all time a great problem for a non-smoker like me.
Target is nearby for food you won't have many options nearby, well there are some sandwich restaurants nearby and Burger King, but for rest you need to cross I-35.
Its a bit costly as IT companies are nearby so they get bookings from there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am glad that you liked our hotel's location; however, I apologize that our WiFi was hard to connect to and there was a smoke odor in the hallways. To ensure that our free WiFi does not cause issues for guests in the future, my team is going to look into the possible cause for the interruption and repair it as soon as possible. As well, our maintenance staff has been working to eliminate the odor.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at gmartin@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Not too bad of a room! We upgraded to a king when we got here but we had to pay $10. Not bad for what we paid on Priceline- $38. No pool but If you want to swim you can drive to one of their sister Hotels and show them your room key and they will let you swim.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such a nice review about your recent experience. I truly appreciate your comments and I am glad to hear that my staff assisted you in finding a pool. If we cannot assist you directly we always try to find alternatives that will meet our guests needs. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Lynn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The concept works for me: comfortable room with cable, Internet access, a kitchen and everything you need if you are staying for more than a few days and need to feel settled in. The staff was friendly and the coffee was quite good. The problem I have with this location is that you cannot walk anywhere, you have to drive or take a cab. I asked the staff for nearby restaurants and they did not provide information. I later found there is ONE restaurant you can walk to. They gave me a menu to order which has very few and very expensive options. So if you can rent a car and go to Target (like I did the second time) you'll be ok. The location is very convenient for me since the UT research center I go to is right next to this hotel. I could probably walk there if this part of Austin had sidewalks. Room was clean and bed was comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
McAllen, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Terrible service- room was not clean- asked for shampoo and soap and was told none was available for another week. Very expensive hotel for horrible service. Front desk personnel were not knowledgeable of any area store locations- sent me to a store more than 5 miles away when there was one similar 2 blocks away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situations you described with your room not being clean and the front desk agents not being able to sufficiently answer your questions are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. While it is not an excuse, some of our staff is brand new and still learning about the surrounding area. Still, I will speak with them to ensure this does not happen again. As well, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at arb@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I boooked on Priceline and got the room for a very good price, The location of the hotel was good. Staff was ok. Room was a good size but furnishings were a bit dated. The room was clean. Free parking and internet was available. The Grab n Go breakfast would be my only complaint...it was not much.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It was disheartening to read that you were not satisfied with the grab-and-go breakfast. Still, I am very pleased that you were happy with the rest of your stay.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum? Share your experiences!