“Recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum

You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10100 N. Capital of Texas Hwy, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #132 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Lynn, Massachusetts
“Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The concept works for me: comfortable room with cable, Internet access, a kitchen and everything you need if you are staying for more than a few days and need to feel settled in. The staff was friendly and the coffee was quite good. The problem I have with this location is that you cannot walk anywhere, you have to drive or take a cab. I asked the staff for nearby restaurants and they did not provide information. I later found there is ONE restaurant you can walk to. They gave me a menu to order which has very few and very expensive options. So if you can rent a car and go to Target (like I did the second time) you'll be ok. The location is very convenient for me since the UT research center I go to is right next to this hotel. I could probably walk there if this part of Austin had sidewalks. Room was clean and bed was comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
McAllen, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Terrible service- room was not clean- asked for shampoo and soap and was told none was available for another week. Very expensive hotel for horrible service. Front desk personnel were not knowledgeable of any area store locations- sent me to a store more than 5 miles away when there was one similar 2 blocks away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situations you described with your room not being clean and the front desk agents not being able to sufficiently answer your questions are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. While it is not an excuse, some of our staff is brand new and still learning about the surrounding area. Still, I will speak with them to ensure this does not happen again. As well, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at arb@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I boooked on Priceline and got the room for a very good price, The location of the hotel was good. Staff was ok. Room was a good size but furnishings were a bit dated. The room was clean. Free parking and internet was available. The Grab n Go breakfast would be my only complaint...it was not much.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It was disheartening to read that you were not satisfied with the grab-and-go breakfast. Still, I am very pleased that you were happy with the rest of your stay.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I continue to be impressed with the gracious and kind service provided by the front desk and the staff, particularly Lisa, who goes above and beyond to ensure everything is to my liking. The new beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. A little loud in the front of the building, you may want to choose the back. Location: A+ Cleanliness: A+ Courtesy: A+ Rooms: A+

Room Tip: Loud in front. Choose the rear.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Jack - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice things about our hotel and staff. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the level of service you received.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review, and let us know if their is anything else we can do for you during your stay.
McAllen, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had reserved a non smoking room as specified in the ad with a queen bed. I called when I was driving to hotel from out of town and was told that my room was ready when I arrived. I arrived late around 11:30 pm. The manager wasnt there, only a young man, 'Huwey' that said he washed clothes and said he would do the check in process. He made a copy of my debit card, but didnt actually put it into the system, I didnt feel secure just having a photocopy of my financial info. I didnt know it but he booked us to a smoking room and it was a double bed not a queen bed. When we went into the room we called the front desk, but the young man said he could do anything about this saying, 'I just wash clothes here, maybe in the morning they can accomodate you'. In the morning I brought up the issue with the attendant in the front, Monica. She stayed quite and just starred at me. Eventually I told her that we still had another night left we payed for. She asked only if we moved immediately she would move us to a non smoking room. She did change us to a non smoking room. By this time most of our clothes smelled like cigarrete.
Their website also stated breakfast, and it was only a muffin or granola bar, literally, not even a cereal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. The situation you described regarding the smoking room and the way it was handled is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to my staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at arb@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have been for 5 nights at this hotel and felt very comfortable during my stay. The front lobby is attentive and friendly all the times. Had a nice breakfast in the mornings. Easily accessible to shopping areas and the downtown. Finally, its a pleasant experience overall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about your 5-night stay at our hotel. We love reading that you felt comfortable, the staff was attentive to your needs and you enjoyed the grab and go breakfast we offer in the mornings. We truly enjoy providing for guests like yourself.

Thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Its my second time stay in Extended Stay, the staff is great and supportive. I was really a pleasant surprised when they celebrated an Indian festival also. The house keeping is good. Most importantly its very much affordable to get a studio room with Kitchen with free internet. You can easily cook and enjoy your stay.

Will definitely stay here again if ever come back to Austin.

Room Tip: I like the front facing rooms for better sunlight and the view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum? Share your experiences!