“If I could give a 0 I would” 1 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin North
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   7622 I-35 North, Austin, TX 78752 (St. Johns)   |
Ranked #55 of 185 Hotels in Austin
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“If I could give a 0 I would”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was perturbed upon arrival of the friendliness of the staff. I would have never mentioned it if their attitudes would have wavered and the staff tried to become helpful when they were needed, but that did not happen and it only got worse. We encountered a problem that was not to the fault of the staff, and at first I was very understanding and thought they would work hard to remedy the issue. It became clear the issue was far out of their hands; being patient I hoped I would hear something from the staff about how we, as paying guests, would be accommodated. Unfortunately, there was no effort on ANYONE from the staff, including Raj Patel the GM to accommodate or to remedy the situation. I really do not feel running water is something I should request when I book a hotel. When the water went out, finding places for the hotel guests to shower or even use the restroom should have been step one, not arguing with his paying customers that the problem was not his fault. The situation could have been managed; a simple acknowledgement of the problem and offering solutions! Instead we (and I repeat, as PAYING CUSTOMERS) were arguing with a staff about where we could go to simply use the restroom. Initially, I tried to be very understanding of the front desk staff (I knew they were under a lot of stress) but when I began to apologize TO the them and did not receive a single apology FROM them I was even more irritated. We were finally sent to another hotel that Mr. Patel is partnered with and because it was not a La Quinta I will not divulge on the many more problems we encountered there. Having worked in customer service for as long as I have, I usually don't complain, I want to think maybe they were having a rough day or simply give them the benefit of the doubt, way too much went wrong this time.

Room Tip: Don't go.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
San Antonio, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Brownsville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Considering that I arrived late in the evening, the staff was very welcoming and helpful. The hotel has been recently remodeled and has a new clean look to its overall clean appearance. The lobby and hallways were very clean. The new door opener scanners are very updated and functional, made it easy to open the door and just walk-in. When I walked into the room it had a new fixtures and it was clean. The sofa was very comfortable to relax while I began settle in the room. The room has overall new fixtures including the bathroom fixtures which are attractive and very functional. Overall room has a good clean feel to its appearance. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were relaxing. The only thing I found to look old were the towels and the a/c unit was a bit noisy. The décor and other amenities were new and up to date. The cable was not working but overall new things made up for it. Made it for their breakfast which really surprised me, I found a large variety and very appetizing. Coffee was great and recommend the waffles. Loved the variety of cereals, yogurts, fruits and breads offered. Check out was easy and did not have any inconvenience. Don’t let the awkward location of the hotel mislead you, it’s a very nice newly remodeled place.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

my room looked amazing didn't know what to expect when I first arrived older building but updated inside was very impressed. The staff was very courteous and very professional. The ladies at the front desk Jamie was outstanding, she was very accommodating and informative. It was a great experience

• Stayed September 2014
Bridge City, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived in room, and all looked fine. However, when we went to use the shower we found a box of condoms to be left in the soap dish (two in the box and one was opened). Imagine our disgust. We immediately contacted the front desk and asked for a manager - Judah - who did not seem as concerned as we were that the room - or at least bathroom - had not been cleaned. We demanded that someone come clean the room. He said they have no housekeeping staff at night. At this point we didn't care who came to clean the room - he should have offered in my opinion. He did not. He said he could send his front desk clerk to our room to "retreive the condoms". Of course that was not satisfactory. He then said, "then you can come to the front desk and I will send you to another room." He did not offer to help us move anything. Mind you, it was 9:45 p.m. So, four of us loaded up all our belongings and moved down the hall to another room. We arrived in this room to find the mattresses to be much less than satisfactory. Both the beds had huge sink holes in the middle. We had to line the middle of the beds with pillows to keep from running into each other all night. We checked out and asked the clerk if she had heard what had happened and she had not. We informed her and she was more than happy to comp some of the charge off - from $169.00 to $99.00. However, the Guest Services Dept with LaQuinta will hear from me tomorrow.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel, and the fridge in the rooms don't work, the bed sheets were dirty and stained, our room wasn't ready at the designated time, and when you go to complain to the general manager they tell you they'll fix it, nothing gets done. You complain a second time, and they threaten you and say take it or leave it essentially.

Never have I been spoken to by such a rude general manager. This younger gentlemen needs a lesson in civility and manners!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Tomball, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is the first time i have stayed at a La Quinta in some time and was pleasantly surprised. This was a newer hotel right off the Interstate. Staff was friendly, room was clean and pleasant with free wi-fi and convenient free parking. Also, breakfast was free and good. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin North? Share your experiences!