“dissapointed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #137 of 184 Hotels in Austin
haddonfield,nj
“dissapointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Coffee pot in bath area had not been cleaned out. There were food particles under the bed and the bed skirts had so much in the way of stains. The wake up call never was made to the room. The breakfast was not ready, we had an early flight. The desk manager did bring extra coffee to the room as requested.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Newark, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I just stayed at this hotel about a week ago and was so disappointed. Firstly, when I arrived, I wasn't given a room with a king-sized bed which is what I reserved over a month before arrival to ensure I'd get it. The guest services employee couldn't explain to me why this humongous "motel" could not accommodate me and give me a room with a king-sized bed. Her response, "I can't explain it." When I told her to try harder, she said nothing, issued me a key and gave me the directions to the room to "take a right and a right." So we did just that and still got lost. Upon arriving to the room ten minutes later, we realized she gave us a room with two queens. So with neck and back problems I had to position my body awkwardly to see the tv. My chiropractor thanks you. Next day, I come to find out that my credit card was charged. I walked over to concierge and the very young representative could not explain to me why I was billed. She gave me a printout and stared blankly at me. I left. When we come back to our room later in the day, we find out that there are ants all over the bedside table. So we took pictures and killed them. We find bloody mucus on the wall next to the toilet tissue. We took pictures but decided to leave it for the next guest. All and all I would say my experience at Quality Inn was nothing near being "quality." I would have had a better experience sleeping in my VW beetle then this place. The keycard didn't work properly which seems to be a recurring theme at this place as I've been reading other reviews of the same issue. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone and do not feel free vouchers or an apology for what I went through, would ever get me back there. I should have known better to pay the extra $100 and get a better experience elsewhere. We will return to Austin for Formula 1 racing in November 2013 and now that I know the area, can select a better place. Oh and we also enjoyed the suspicous people roaming around the gardens with dim lighting. Real nice!

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor, pay the extra money and go elsewhere. There are so many other better hotels ar...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Georgetown, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Reserved a room for a trip out of the Austin airport directly with the hotel in February for 4/18/13.
I requested a first floor room When I checked in at 4pm, I was told sorry no 1st floor rooms available. One of the 2 elevators was out of services, but was not marked as such. The ice maker on the 2nd floor was out of service, so had to go to 1st or 2nd floor. I paid $91.99 including taxes & fees on a Sunday Considering this was a convenience stay overnight for a trp on Monday am, it was a satisfactory stay. Hotel is clean, but shows some maintenance neglect.
Free buffett breakfast at 6 am, and shuttle starts at 5 am.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at the quality inn & suites while looking for a apartment in Austin. I stayed for 3 days and it was a very pleasant stay. The staff was more then helpful with my questions about the area and their knowledge of the good areas to look for apartments. The rooms were very nice, clean and spacious. It was very close to the airport but at the same time could not hear a plane fly by at all ( and i was in the third floor). The breakfast was very good and included different variety of food.

Overall my stay at quality inn was very pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lancaster
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I flew into Austin from Boston on route home to the UK after doing a panel at SXSW and onto MIT to give a talk there. This place was booked by my travel office as its an airport hotel and I was flying out the following day. I arrived at Austin on time 8:10. I rang the hotel to arrange for the hotel shuttle transfer. Granted, I'd been stood in the wrong place (if you want a hotel shuttle from Austin airport it's on the 2nd tier - though not bring native I wouldn't know that and there's no detail on the website). I called again at 8:35pm to be told where to stand and that there was ' a shuttle on the way'. No shuttle. I made 14 unanswered calls to find out where it was. I approached a really kind taxi driver on the level below. He told me the taxi fare was really too high for such a short trip. By now it was 9:45pm. He called the hotel and after 30+ rings the call was answered. The reply ....'there's a shuttle on the way'. At 10:15pm it collected me and a couple of SXSW'rs. Not a great start. Never mind. I wasn't doing anything else as it happened and could look forward to a couple of beers and bed. Errrr no sir. There's no bar and the liquor store across the street has closed now as its after 10pm. Hey Ho! Free wifi and some emailing it is then.
This morning things got a little better. The breakfast is basic and completely adequate but the hotel almost completely redeemed itself with the DIY waffle machine. I'm an Englishman so you'll have to forgive me for getting a bit carried away with this piece of kit - but it's my first time cooking waffle. I loved it. The shuttle back to the airport this morning was fine. My room was large and clean with good coffee making facilities. Not much sleep though I wasn't disturbed by the aeroplanes. It was the plumbing in adjacent rooms that seemed to protest whenever a loo was flushed...... I can't see myself returning - but that's not to say this is a 'bad' hotel. It feels a bit more like a hotel that could use a few extra staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This motel took advantage of being close to the airport in Austin, but believe me, it will be worth your drive to go somewhere else. Not a bad motel but way over priced for what you recieve. Single rate during the week comes to $175.00, very weak WiFi connections and they fill their rooms furthest from the front desk first. Being a ChoicePrivilege Member has no advantage at this place. Nothing special about this place but their high prices.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a quality room for the high price you will pay at this place.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lara D, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Austin Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. It appears that you stayed with us during Austin's famous South By Southwest International Music and Film Festivel. During this time, the city of Austin is forced it raise their rates due to supply and demand. We make a great effort to ensure that our rates are competitive with the hotels in our surrounding area and other hotels throughout the city that are comparable in star ratings, ammenities etc. We do this not only for events but on a day to day basis. This is common practice for all hotels.

Kind Regards
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I traveled to Austin for a job interview. I booked
a room online and I specified that the hotel had
to have a airport shuttle and be within walking
distance of restaurants. The service guaranteed
me this hotel met these requirements. When I
finished the interview they dropped me off the
only restaurants within walking distance was
a Taco stand and a BBQ stand with no seating.
Luckily I was exhausted so I got a BBQ plate
and turned in. So beware of information that
is given out when making reservations.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time tell us about your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear that you were not given the full information of what we have to offer in this area for dining purposes. The Austin Airport area is recently going under some construction and we are hopeful that they will be supplying more restaurant options for our guests. However, at this time there are a few options in our immediate area that do have "dine in" options. Located approx 1 block from us is El Michoacano which comes highly recommended by our guests and is dine in. There is also Creeks Restaurant which we shuttle our guests to, just to name a few. Austin Texas is well known for their food trailers and trucks which are also with in walking distance from our hotel. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Austin Texas.

Kind Regards

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Austin Airport? Share your experiences!