“Close to the airport and free shuttle” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #130 of 189 Hotels in Austin
Georgetown, Texas
“Close to the airport and free shuttle”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Reserved a room for a trip out of the Austin airport directly with the hotel in February for 4/18/13.
I requested a first floor room When I checked in at 4pm, I was told sorry no 1st floor rooms available. One of the 2 elevators was out of services, but was not marked as such. The ice maker on the 2nd floor was out of service, so had to go to 1st or 2nd floor. I paid $91.99 including taxes & fees on a Sunday Considering this was a convenience stay overnight for a trp on Monday am, it was a satisfactory stay. Hotel is clean, but shows some maintenance neglect.
Free buffett breakfast at 6 am, and shuttle starts at 5 am.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at the quality inn & suites while looking for a apartment in Austin. I stayed for 3 days and it was a very pleasant stay. The staff was more then helpful with my questions about the area and their knowledge of the good areas to look for apartments. The rooms were very nice, clean and spacious. It was very close to the airport but at the same time could not hear a plane fly by at all ( and i was in the third floor). The breakfast was very good and included different variety of food.

Overall my stay at quality inn was very pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lancaster
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I flew into Austin from Boston on route home to the UK after doing a panel at SXSW and onto MIT to give a talk there. This place was booked by my travel office as its an airport hotel and I was flying out the following day. I arrived at Austin on time 8:10. I rang the hotel to arrange for the hotel shuttle transfer. Granted, I'd been stood in the wrong place (if you want a hotel shuttle from Austin airport it's on the 2nd tier - though not bring native I wouldn't know that and there's no detail on the website). I called again at 8:35pm to be told where to stand and that there was ' a shuttle on the way'. No shuttle. I made 14 unanswered calls to find out where it was. I approached a really kind taxi driver on the level below. He told me the taxi fare was really too high for such a short trip. By now it was 9:45pm. He called the hotel and after 30+ rings the call was answered. The reply ....'there's a shuttle on the way'. At 10:15pm it collected me and a couple of SXSW'rs. Not a great start. Never mind. I wasn't doing anything else as it happened and could look forward to a couple of beers and bed. Errrr no sir. There's no bar and the liquor store across the street has closed now as its after 10pm. Hey Ho! Free wifi and some emailing it is then.
This morning things got a little better. The breakfast is basic and completely adequate but the hotel almost completely redeemed itself with the DIY waffle machine. I'm an Englishman so you'll have to forgive me for getting a bit carried away with this piece of kit - but it's my first time cooking waffle. I loved it. The shuttle back to the airport this morning was fine. My room was large and clean with good coffee making facilities. Not much sleep though I wasn't disturbed by the aeroplanes. It was the plumbing in adjacent rooms that seemed to protest whenever a loo was flushed...... I can't see myself returning - but that's not to say this is a 'bad' hotel. It feels a bit more like a hotel that could use a few extra staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This motel took advantage of being close to the airport in Austin, but believe me, it will be worth your drive to go somewhere else. Not a bad motel but way over priced for what you recieve. Single rate during the week comes to $175.00, very weak WiFi connections and they fill their rooms furthest from the front desk first. Being a ChoicePrivilege Member has no advantage at this place. Nothing special about this place but their high prices.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a quality room for the high price you will pay at this place.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lara D, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Austin Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. It appears that you stayed with us during Austin's famous South By Southwest International Music and Film Festivel. During this time, the city of Austin is forced it raise their rates due to supply and demand. We make a great effort to ensure that our rates are competitive with the hotels in our surrounding area and other hotels throughout the city that are comparable in star ratings, ammenities etc. We do this not only for events but on a day to day basis. This is common practice for all hotels.

Kind Regards
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I traveled to Austin for a job interview. I booked
a room online and I specified that the hotel had
to have a airport shuttle and be within walking
distance of restaurants. The service guaranteed
me this hotel met these requirements. When I
finished the interview they dropped me off the
only restaurants within walking distance was
a Taco stand and a BBQ stand with no seating.
Luckily I was exhausted so I got a BBQ plate
and turned in. So beware of information that
is given out when making reservations.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time tell us about your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear that you were not given the full information of what we have to offer in this area for dining purposes. The Austin Airport area is recently going under some construction and we are hopeful that they will be supplying more restaurant options for our guests. However, at this time there are a few options in our immediate area that do have "dine in" options. Located approx 1 block from us is El Michoacano which comes highly recommended by our guests and is dine in. There is also Creeks Restaurant which we shuttle our guests to, just to name a few. Austin Texas is well known for their food trailers and trucks which are also with in walking distance from our hotel. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Austin Texas.

Kind Regards
Bel Air, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in Sept 2012. The room was fine, and the breakfast was the typical scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, etc. My room was clean and comfortable. Perhaps there has been some renovation since the other reviewers, but I was very happy with the room. The only down side is that the area is dead at night. So we were off to SOCO (South Congress St) every night for dinner.

One reviewer stated that there was a flea market next door. This hotel has an office building on one side, and another hotel on the other side.

Admin Note: The hotel does not have room service. I accidentally clicked on the room service rating, and there is not way to "un click" it that I could see.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ft. Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed August 21 and 22, just looking for a clean bed. Old door with loose door lock and no lock bar made me feel insecure. The air conditioning was slow to cool and the frig's freezer was fully iced up. We were welcome to change rooms, but the other one offered smelled of mold. The bed was comfortable and bathroom was fine.

The staff said they would fix the frig,air conditioning, and perhaps lock. But when we returned at night, they had done nothing. Again offered us another room, but when they looked, it wasn't ready. I got the feeling that many of their rooms were not up to par.

In many rooms were workmen who stayed for extended stays, cooked in their rooms, and hung out outside the back door where we parked. The hallways were warm and smelled strongly of cooking. The elevator was very HOT.

Breakfast had waffles, with a staff person to help us. But there were no forks. Try to eat one with a spoon! So the second day they couldn't pick up some forks on the way to work? No, we had no forks the 2nd day either. Staff said they were "on order".

I asked the morning desk staff about the Choice program. He didn't know anything about it. Said his computer didn't work.

The whole experience gave us a creepy feeling.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Austin Airport? Share your experiences!