We stayed August 21 and 22, just looking for a clean bed. Old door with loose door lock and no lock bar made me feel insecure. The air conditioning was slow to cool and the frig's freezer was fully iced up. We were welcome to change rooms, but the other one offered smelled of mold. The bed was comfortable and bathroom was fine.
The staff said they would fix the frig,air conditioning, and perhaps lock. But when we returned at night, they had done nothing. Again offered us another room, but when they looked, it wasn't ready. I got the feeling that many of their rooms were not up to par.
In many rooms were workmen who stayed for extended stays, cooked in their rooms, and hung out outside the back door where we parked. The hallways were warm and smelled strongly of cooking. The elevator was very HOT.
Breakfast had waffles, with a staff person to help us. But there were no forks. Try to eat one with a spoon! So the second day they couldn't pick up some forks on the way to work? No, we had no forks the 2nd day either. Staff said they were "on order".
I asked the morning desk staff about the Choice program. He didn't know anything about it. Said his computer didn't work.
The whole experience gave us a creepy feeling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Austin Airport hotels - Quality Inn & Suites Airport hotel in Austin, TXThe 100 percent non-smoking Quality Inn & Suites® Airport hotel is ideally located with easy access to Interstate 35 and State Highway 71, just one-half mile from the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. Free airport transportation is available. This Austin, TX hotel is also close to the Texas Capitol, the Austin Convention Center and the University of Texas at Austin, home of the Texas Longhorns. The Circuit of the Americas race track, home to the Formula One United States Grand Prix, is easily accessible from the hotel. Enjoy the beauty of central Texas with a visit to Barton Springs, featuring four natural springs on the grounds of Zilker Park. Barton Springs Pool is a man-made swimming pool fed by the natural spring water, and is popular year round with an average water temperature of 68 degrees. Nicknamed the "Live Music Capital of the World," Austin boasts many great music venues, bars and night clubs throughout the 6th Street arts and entertainment district, which hosts the annual South by Southwest (SXSW) interactive music and film festival. Many great restaurants can be found in the surrounding area. This Austin, TX hotel offers many fine features and amenities, including: •Free continental breakfast •Free coffee •Free wireless high-speed Internet access •Free local calls After a busy day of meetings or sightseeing, relax and enjoy a swim in our seasonal outdoor pool and a workout in our exercise room. Business travelers will welcome additional conveniences like the public computer with Internet access, in-room desks, and access to copy and fax services. All spacious guest rooms come equipped with flat-screen televisions, microwaves, coffee makers, refrigerators, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Some rooms feature sofa sleepers, wet bars and whirlpool bathtubs. A safe deposit box and laundry facilities are available on the premises for added guest convenience. Whether traveling for business, vacationing with the family or taking a road trip with friends, the Quality Inn & Suites Airport hotel offers you ideal accommodations, affordable rates and Texas-style hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Austin Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Airport Hotel Austin
- Quality Inn And Suites Airport
- Quality Inn Del Valle
- Del Valle Quality Inn
- Quality Inn Airport