I had a very negative experience at America's Best Value Hotel this weekend, and while the circumstances involving why were personal, I was baffled with a service I received from a front desk employee named Vanessa on Sunday.
She was bitter, rude, and to my understanding I did nothing but ask if anyone had checked out of the room I was staying. I was kind, and she answered my question as if I harassed her.
To make a long story short, I split the payment for the room with a friend, but gave her cash and she payed with a credit card, so technically the room was under her name. My friend and I got in an argument Saturday night, and she decided to hold my belongings hostage to retaliate. I had no access to the room that night when I attempted to pick up my things, and the front desk night employee was sympathetic and understanding, and I knew he was simply doing his job, because he tried to be as kind as possible when he informed me it would be illegal to let me inside the room.
However, when I returned Sunday morning, Vanessa was anything but. Not only did she deliver the information in a rude manner, as she rolled her eyes at me, but she proceeded to make a phone call right in front of me and discuss my personal situation with her tone sounding like she was making fun of me, and was completely annoyed she had to deal with me. She made it a point to inform me that the front desk employee from the previous night was, "not her manager" because I used the word "manager" when I asked if he had filled her in. To be frank, whether he was her manager or not was the least important detail in my life, I was worried about whether or not I'd be able to retrieve my things and the only support I received from Vanessa was telling me the room had not been checked out of.
Ultimately, I will never return to this place. Vanessa made a stressful situation even more stressful. The man who worked the night shift was astounding, and quick suggestion, hire more people like him, less people like her.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Americas Best Value Inn Austin, located in the state capitol of Texas and the live music capitol of the world. Visit the historic Governor's Mansion, which has been the official home of every Texas governor since 1856. Our hotel has two floors & 88 comfortable guest rooms. Each room is well appointed with free wifi, free local calls, microwaves & refrigerators, hair dryers, coffee makers and 25" TV with cable channels including HBO. Our property amenities include: Free Wifi, outdoor pool, exercise room & guest laundry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Travelocity, BookIt.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Austin
- Americas Best Value Inn Austin