“Name says it all” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #123 of 184 hotels in Austin
Timisoara, Romania
“Name says it all”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I went on a weekend trip to Austin with a friend. We didn't plan on staying too much in the hotel, so this was the best cheap option for us. We got a twin room with queen size beds. Our first impression was not so good, as from the outside it looked like a lousy motel and there was a strong damp smell in the room. Once you turn off the A/C in the bathroom, it will smell better.

The furniture is kinda old, but the beds are really comfortable, that's what was the most important thing for us.
The bathroom is really small, but it serves the purpose. I liked that we had a refrigerator and a hair dryer. Breakfast is limited, but it was ok for us, especially because it was included in the price. Parking and wi-fi are also free. Internet was not too fast, but it didn't drop, so that was fine for 2-3 hours of usage.

We also chose this for the location, just outside of I-35, so 3-4 miles away from Downtown.
As a conclusion, good value for the price paid, I just wouldn't stay here more than 2 nights.

Room Tip: Do not get a smoking room, as they are pretty smelly
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

First, I booked this room because of the price. I didnt pay for a Hyatt or Embassy Suites so I didnt expect one. I was hoping for a clean, comfortable, bug free room & thats what I got. Room is a bit small but was ok for my family of 3. Breakfast was decent although there isnt a lot to chose from. Staff was pleasant also. Originally booked 2 nights but decided to stay for 3. Dont let the outside of the place make your decision. Rooms r good 4 the price, especially if u want to spend your $ on stuff to do. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
Wichita Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We found this hotel to be clean and a nice place to stay. The beds are comfortable, contrary to another review I had read. The only thing that could be better is the continental breadfast. It was a little hard for us to find it, but the GPS got us there. Theie price was good also. I would reccomend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed here a few times more since my last review.I appreciate the service and the rooms are ALWAYS clean and of course you cant beat the price.I have recommended this hotel to several friends and family and they have all thanked me later.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Waco, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you are looking to save money but don't want to stay somewhere sketchy then this is the right hotel for you! My husband and I stayed here because we preferred to spend our money actually seeing Austin and sampling all their great food instead of paying for a room we only planned on sleeping in. This was a great fit for our budget and needs. Basic, a bit old and dated but clean, a comfy bed and everything worked fine. The hotel is right off 1-75 so it was a great location for getting into downtown quickly. The only real issue was that the walls between rooms were quite thin. I wouldn't say that I would stay here all the time, it was just the right fit for this particular visit which is why I rated it average. For $50 a night, you can't expect more but it wasn't an unpleasant experience at all.

Room Tip: Seeing as the walls are so thin, I suggest asking for a room on the second floor so you wont have th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had to move out of my apt in March of 2013 and have been living at this hotel since. The manager, owner and staff at the hotel went out their way to make me and my family feel at home. I have never been in this situation before and it has really been hard for me and my family financially and emotionally. The staff have made me feel at home.They are super nice. They are so courteous and nice and a few of them even listened to my story and see me shed a few tears. The rooms are so clean and they provide so many amenities such as iron, ironing board, blow dryer, refrigerator, microwave, laundry facility and much more. Oh yes the breakfast was great. My children love eating before they went to school. These amenities are in every room. If anyone would like to spend their vacation here I recommend you stay here. To the staff, manager and owner of this hotel I will agree you are Five Star!!!! I will return.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The room was very clean, which makes me a happy camper. Staff was friendly too. If you're not a smoker, don't opt for a smoking room (the room felt like it was converted from a garage or something. Also wallpaper is eh and you will be unhappy...). For the price I got a desk, big bed and easy chair. Only a handful of TV channels, which might bother some, but internet ran well. It was a quick, straightforward drive from here into downtown Austin.

Room Tip: (I assume) non-smoking rooms might be a bit nicer.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!